Annual Supporting Member
ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt posts videos on PbNation
ThisWontHurt supports Pev's Paintball
ThisWontHurt plays in the APPA D5 division
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Funding Ideas

I am a teacher looking to start a team in the district I work. One of the most obvious huddles I will have to over come is the initial cash out put and the continued cost of paint. Do any of the other school recognized teams have advice on where to look past the local pro shop which currently has a lot of teams on it's sponsorship roster.
ThisWontHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2011, 03:03 PM #2
NJballer16
damn hippies

if your looking for sponsors dont always look at proshops. you can look at other buisnesses in your area that will ladly help you, for example look at maybe an auto body shop that is willing to help out you and the team by maybe putting money aside for the team to participate in tournaments.
also to solve the cash problem depending on the age ranges of your players and your states working age what ever players you have that work see if they are willing to put money out for the team like have everyone chip in by having each players every so often put money toghether.
i hope this helps but if you need anything else feel free to send me a private message

BRING ME DXS TIGER STRIPE SHANK PANTS FROM 09
NJballer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 AM #3
minifreak90
MenTaL

minifreak90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
minifreak90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
can always put out fundraisers at games or school events

walk a mile every dollar or somethin creative

make a box call it "shoot em up" and let ppl shoot at the players

anything that can make money is usually worth it
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 AM #4
cplach
Sock it to 'em

cplach owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
@ThisWontHurt

I am a teacher as well and even though we're not an official club at our school, i have a large group of students who are on a team. As their sponsor and a former player, I had a few ideas up my sleeve.

When I played at Eastern Illinois, we were fortunate to have a member own his own paintball business/field. We got awesome discounts on paint as well as field time when ever we wanted. The thing he wanted in return was the team to come out and help fix bunkers, pick up brush from a storm, etc. Some hard labor at your local field should hopefully get you some love.

The other thing is organize an all school trip (clear with the administration first and do all the necessary paperwork). Find out what your local field can handle and how much they will charge for the event. Add an extra $5 on to the tickets you sell and keep that for your club.

Run a tournament. At the same local field from my college days, our team acted as the refs and other workers (selling paint, filling air, etc). The owner/co-player let us take all of the entry fee and some of the money off of each case of paint. You still have to come up with prizes, but take some of the entrance money and offer cash payouts or a few cases of paint/field passes. If you have a large enough club and the field is large enough, you might be able to delegate other workers to run the fields that aren't being used by the tournament to make sure the field owner isn't taking a huge financial hit on a weekend.

Last but not least, high school players and teams are the best bill boards. When reaching out to pro shops, make sure you tell them how many kids are on your team or in the club, then tell them the size of the student population. For instance, I have 30 kids in our unofficial club and we have a student population of 1700+. The pro shop who sponsors us sent us company shirts to wear around school so now the entire student population sees the name of that company and are more inclined to buy from them.

Hopefully some of this helped.
cplach is online now   Reply With Quote