Ok so since klinty_j and all of the others who wanted to keep this game alive disappeared years ago, I've decided to take the project on myself.
My main goal for this project is to keep updating the game (when I can) to make it an enjoyable break like it was in the old days. The best and largest
leap forward I've made whilst taking on this project was creating a compatible version of the original game to run on versions of Windows newer
DISCLAIMER: I do not claim ownership of the game itself. All I've done is update the GUI and change the elements in the game to represent items from this decade.
All coding credit and original ideas go to klinty_j.
Screenshots: (New vs. Old)
I'm completely new to game development. Since I'm working on top of klinty_j's original game it will definitely make it easier,
but that doesn't help me understand code any better. I am, however, efficient at image design so all of the changes you
see took only a couple of hours.
- This will work on newer versions of Windows. This includes Vista and 7.
- I have a very long and bold list of ideas that I want to get completed, but these things may never happen so please be patient and stick with me here. I will do my best to make everyone happy.
V2.8 (Original game)
v2.9.1 (Current version)
- changed bunker colors from grey to red
- created pause menu
* exit and main menu functionality
- re-created popular PSP layouts from years past:
* Field 1 - Custom (by me)
* Field 2 - World Cup 2011
* Field 3 - Chicago 2011
* Field 4 - Galveston 2011
* Field 5 - MAO 2010
* Filed 6 - PSP sample layout 2011
* Field 7 - Phoenix 2009
* Field 8 - Chicago 2010
* Field 9 - Custom (by me)
- hitting resume on the pause menu resets current point if stopped in the middle of said point.
- hitting pause button causes current point's paint and mud graphics to bleed through to pause screen.
- added buzzer to point start
- shortened the time removed from game clock after point end (longer matches)
- removed cheering sound on flag hang
- new, more realistic grass playing field
- smoother player/opponent sprites
- cleaner, updated main menu UI
- changed a few fields to actual PSP layouts
- lowered overall game volume
- removed cheering & clapping sounds
- removed the "Ow!" sound from players being shot after eliminated
Coming changes for 3.0: updated (3/8/13)
- [DONE] clean up/re-work main menu
- [DONE] implement better field selection scheme
- [DONE] redesign crosshair/cursor (too small)
- online multiplayer (?) THIS IS A LONG SHOT
- [DONE] clean up terribly designed pause menu
- [DONE] update referee model
- other stuff I'm forgetting
Those of you that have downloaded this. It would be nice to know how it works for you. Thanks!