PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 PM #1
wdp-whatever

has been a member for 10 years
It's been a few years

It's been a few years since I have really been involved heavily with paintball; especially tournament paintball. After talking with some people still in the industry, it seems as if tournament paintball has taken a downward spiral. Any reasons for this? What seems to be the most dominate tournament series in your eyes now?
wdp-whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 PM #2
avery army
all day long

avery army posts videos on PbNation
avery army plays in the APPA D5 division
avery army has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
avery army has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball has just taken a really big hit l8ly. There are different reasons why itís in a decline but I donít know the specific reason; the economy, the price, less fields, younger people being scared away by people who donít know how to play with newer players . The list goes on.....as for the big tournament leagues it kind of depends on where you live. in the Carolinas it the CFOA or PSP I play CFOA and love it but I know people who play PSP to
Hebrews 12:11-13 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

Philippians 4:1313 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
avery army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 PM #3
bmankool

bmankool plays in the PSP
bmankool plays in the APPA D5 division
bmankool has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bmankool has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
From what I've seen and heard its the price to play and the current community's inability to, as posted before, play with newer players. I think it stems from a "radical" push to get recognized as a legitimate sport. Maybe I'm wrong. PSP and NPPL are the two major tournament series' currently in the USA and Millennium is the major European series that i know of. Paintball needs to be fun and ill admit cheaper to attract a larger crowd again.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 AM #4
SeanBob
I Do Me

SeanBob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SeanBob plays in the APPA D4 division
SeanBob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SeanBob has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
its all about the paint prices after you have your gear its not bad but paint will kill you i havet played in 6 years but im playing now again it seem most of the feilds are feild paint only as when i played it was byop so we were only paying 25 a case
SeanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:32 AM #5
(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdp-whatever View Post
It's been a few years since I have really been involved heavily with paintball; especially tournament paintball. After talking with some people still in the industry, it seems as if tournament paintball has taken a downward spiral. Any reasons for this? What seems to be the most dominate tournament series in your eyes now?
It's money. No more sponsors want to pay for crazy xball and paint. Also, Smart Parts, as much as people hate them, really poured a lot of money into national tournaments to validate the sport. However, the local scene has died out here in Texas as well. We used to have sooooo many smaller independent tournaments and leagues. It's pretty sad really. The good news is that PSP is getting more and more like a refined sport.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote