Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-27-2011, 05:09 PM #127
TheHef

Just go photgraph NFL games, I'm sure they will let you in for $75.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM #128
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Just go photgraph NFL games, I'm sure they will let you in for $75.
you sir are a day late and a dollar short.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 PM #129
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
We had a photographer/video guy for HB & Chicago but I can understand why they've put these rules in place.
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 PM #130
=DaveP=
--GUNSHINE STATE--

=DaveP= plays in the PSP
=DaveP= plays in the APPA D4 division
Two things.

The photographs in APG are mostly garbage. I have two different recent copies next to my crap throne and honestly I dont know If I should look at them, or poop on them.

Also, I was wondering if you guys could also charge the NPPL webcast tech crew to do their work. So maybe they'll do more professional and relavant work too. Just saying.

Last edited by =DaveP= : 10-30-2011 at 06:32 PM.
=DaveP= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:05 PM #131
El_cubano
YES....CUBAN B!!!!!!

El_cubano is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
i dont think you people are getting the idea. the images shot that most of these photographers shoot are for the players so they can post them up or save them for the memories. but whatever.

"They moved on up to the east side...To a deluxe apartment in the sky...They Finally Got a Piece of the Pie."
El_cubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM #132
Citrus_Maximus
www.understood.com

Annual Supporting Member
Citrus_Maximus is a Supporting Member
Citrus_Maximus works for a Paintball manufacturer
Sorry to kick up a semi-dead thread. But this policy is not out of line. I personally have hired photographers for paintball and non-paintball jobs. Some of whom have actually posted in here. Understood supports the paintball media 100%.

But there is a big difference in being a working photographer who is self employed or employed by a manufacturer and a media person.

I think the bigger issue might be the misunderstanding of what constitutes "media."

A true credentialed media photographer would not be selling their images to teams or otherwise profiting from them in any way. They would be on assignment or freelancing for a specific publication and not have to worry about cost or DVD, since they receive a pass for free.

If you are a "working" photographer you specifically putting forth that you earn money with your photography and not a media person.

There is no reason that one business cannot ask for compensation from a person wants to profit from their business.

I personally would love for the NPPL to let me come out earn my living for free by piggy-backing on their work. Smartly, they do not and they ask for compensation from my company in order for me to profit from their work (which is running NPPL tournaments).

This is exactly what they are doing for photographers who wish to attend and event and earn money plying their trade. In return they ask for the rights to a set of your work product to use as they see fit. This may seem unreasonable, so they offer a solution: pay double.

That honestly seems fair to me. If you are telling me I could pay HALF what I pay now for a booth and all I would need to do is donate 1 of each of the products I sell to the NPPL for them to use as they see fit? Sign me the heck up!

Complaints that it is hard enough to pay for the travel to the event and a media pass and whatnot. You are right. Business can be hard, perhaps you need to adjust your model to make it a profitable endeavor. I'll make you a bet there are quite a few companies out there that need photos from the event and would pay for them. Heck I can think of 1 right now.

Nowhere in the rules did I read that if you pay the $150 the NPPL can go to your site and take your images and use them as they see fit. That I would have an issue with. All you are paying for is a permit to do your work within their business. That is not an unreasonable request. Its up to you to figure out how to make it a profit center.

Other sports have much stricter guidelines. Take a look at the ESPN X-Games media site.

Remember we're not talking about press here, the NPPL is talking about self-employed photographers.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, but this thread really irked me.
Citrus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote