Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 01:31 AM #22
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
i like how you list the national debt first and don't even mention unemployment

very telling
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 AM #23
da_mink
 
 
da_mink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ
I can't help but think there are bigger, more important problems out there to talk about, like the national debt, patriot act, wars and recession etc. I doubt a few fudge packers and carpet munchers are going to be the end of this country.
What better way to distract people then to focus them on something that the government should really play no part in.

Same goes for abortion, yet it is a hot button topic decade after decade.
__________________
*****, IM MINK

VLN
da_mink is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 AM #24
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
This is actually very similar to a sentiment I regularly share when encountering anti-gay bigotry of the "lifestyle choice" variety -- those who claim it is a choice to be gay should prove it by choosing to be gay for a while.
Why? We don't choose to be gay. Others do. You can choose to be gay if you want. Send Overbear a PM
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 AM #25
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Birds View Post
There is no arguing that homosexuality is not biologically natural, but you CANNOT seriously be comparing pedophilia to relations between two consenting adults.
1) Of course it's arguable. I stay neutral on the issue, and I definitely believe there are some chemical imbalances that take place at birth, but the science behind both arguments are not only shady but completely secondary at best, and for me that's not good enough to make a judgement that someone is fully born gay.
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM #26
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
1) Of course it's arguable. I stay neutral on the issue, and I definitely believe there are some chemical imbalances that take place at birth, but the science behind both arguments are not only shady but completely secondary at best, and for me that's not good enough to make a judgement that someone is fully born gay.
Here is a very, very, simplistic, elementary idea:

Ask a gay person.



Guarantee you they never remember waking up one day and saying, "hmm... I think I'll like boys" or "I've made up my mind. I'm going to be gay."

It's not that hard, guys. I mean, really...?
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is online now  
Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 PM #27
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
I've heard many say that during their teenage years, they noticed themselves starting to be attracted to the same sex....the "wake up one day and be gay" argument is a bad cop-out for people who insist they know the reason behind homosexuality but in reality have no understanding of the science behind the brain. I've never said someone simply wakes up one day and decides to be gay, and I don't believe anybody else has, so stop spewing group speak.
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 12:42 PM #28
P0ontang 4 Peace
No more hate
 
P0ontang 4 Peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
I don't care who you choose to go home to and I care even less about why you are to be that way. I'm not suggesting homosexuality is a choice by the way.
__________________
"...and Allah is our Guardian and Helper, while you have no Guardian or Helper. All peace be upon he who follows the Guidance."

Last edited by P0ontang 4 Peace : 10-27-2011 at 12:44 PM.
P0ontang 4 Peace is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:10 PM #29
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
I've heard many say that during their teenage years, they noticed themselves starting to be attracted to the same sex....the "wake up one day and be gay" argument is a bad cop-out for people who insist they know the reason behind homosexuality but in reality have no understanding of the science behind the brain. I've never said someone simply wakes up one day and decides to be gay, and I don't believe anybody else has, so stop spewing group speak.
Oh... okay. Only homosexuals become attracted to others over a period of time.

Last time I checked, heterosexuals do the exact same thing. If anything, your argument provides sufficient logic and evidence to further show that being gay is completely natural.

Your argument doesn't exhaust the fact that gays don't "choose" that they want to be gay. If you're trying to say that they do, then what do you expect them to do? They have to choose, right? So this choice has to come about at one point in time. Eventually, they have to say "I'm going to be gay."

So, I know you want to stay neutral on the issue, but there's really two sides with this argument.

Either, you support the idea that gays choose to be gay which, by that admission, explicitly requires a certain moment of action for this decision to be made

or

You support the idea that gays grow these sexual attractions for the same sex over a period of time, just as heterosexuals grow sexual attractions for the opposite sex over a period of time.

This really is a stupid argument and can be nullified the instant you ask a gay person. 100%, they didn't "choose" to be gay. They grew up forming sexual interests in the same sex. It's been that way with every gay friend I've had.

There's also additional factors that come in to bisexuals. These people find all sexes attractive, not by choice, but rather by that's just how they are. They are the most obvious candidates for people who could have a "choice" but they remain open to both.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is online now  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM #30
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
It's a sexual perversion, like predators who are attracted to pre-teens. Can they help they're attracted? No
What does Islam have to say on the topic?
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 PM #31
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Islam says it's a sin for a man to lay with another man. It doesn't discuss whether someone is born gay or whether they've developed the perversion through their lifetime. Islam also recognizes that having thoughts about the same sex occurs, but that you should not act upon these urges because eventually they will lead to complete corruption of the mind of the individual.
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:58 PM #32
adambomb#13
 
 
adambomb#13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Easthampton ma.
adambomb#13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
adambomb#13 plays in the APPA D4 division
adambomb#13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IMO if you have to make a "choice" you are bisexual and are "choosing" to be with one OR the other! Either way it doesn't matter to me at all.
adambomb#13 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:19 PM #33
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King
 
shiboboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: So Cal
 has been a member for 10 years
Don't give a **** if you're gay or straight, thus I truly don't give a **** whether it's a choice, quasi-choice, genetic, etc.
__________________
ST: A Constant Probationary Status


Black to Blue Cobra G7
shiboboo is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:39 PM #34
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Islam says it's a sin for a man to lay with another man. It doesn't discuss whether someone is born gay or whether they've developed the perversion through their lifetime. Islam also recognizes that having thoughts about the same sex occurs, but that you should not act upon these urges because eventually they will lead to complete corruption of the mind of the individual.
Huh, that's completely contrary to every personal experience. And living in DC I know a LOT of gay people.

Do you believe that?
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 PM #35
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict
 
saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Yucca Valley Ca.
saint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Wilson View Post
Again, this thread could be moved to another sub-forum, but that wouldn't quite reflect the reality of our political landscape. Let me explain to those who need it why homosexuality is not a choice.

If being gay is a choice, that would mean straight people would have to admit they can physically be aroused by the same sex. Did you get that?

That means Joe the Plumber must admit when he sees a man in a speedo, he gets an erection, but it is his choice not to act on his desires. That has got to be the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard come from the GOP, especially Herman Cain.

I had a gay roommate one time I was convinced I could sell him on some sweet vagina. Every time I mentioned vagina, he would yell out "OMG SO NASTY STOP!" I asked him why it grosses him out, and he went on and on about how nasty a vagina is, it almost turned me gay too.

(Some of you dudes know what he's talking about, eh?)

How do you force a man to love vagina? Answer me that, please.

You can't. No amount of Church, hypnosis, hell, even electro-shock therapy can turn a gay man straight.

But, if you still contend that as a straight man, being gay is a choice, then you concede you have achieved an erection at the thought or sight of another man.

Which means you're gay and holding yourself back from good times.

So, now that I've proven to you that being gay is not a choice, what arguments do you have as to why you should oppress and limit the freedoms of your brothers and sisters? You must show your work. Please no scripture.

P.S. I made this meme for you

So are pedophiles ok???? or are they sick in the head. I for one believe they are sick but one can make the arguement that it is a sexual preference. Also for the sickening part of this is that when I was taking Sociology the psychiatrist who was teaching the class said that he found it ok for an adult to have sex with a child as long as the child did not protest... now he claimed to be the smartest guy on the planet but I beg to differ... so who is right and who is wrong? I have made my stance and have concluded that homosexuality is wrong just as a person is wrong for their desire to have sex with a child. Just my thoughts on the issue.
__________________
Hell is real..... Got Jesus?
Trade Feedback
CHRIST KREW
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, and Planet Eclipse Paintball
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!

Last edited by saint : 10-27-2011 at 04:09 PM.
saint is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM #36
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
Also for the sickening part of this is that when I was taking Sociology the psychiatrist who was teaching the class said that he found it ok for an adult to have sex with a child as long as the child did not protest... now he claimed to be the smartest guy on the planet but I beg to differ... so who is right and who is wrong?
Descriptions of imaginary people from bible thumpers are too easy to spot. I don't understand what it is with the certain sects of Christianity and a fear of intellectuals to the point of delusion.

I've never heard anyone with an ounce of intelligence claim to be the smartest person on the planet.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM #37
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Why? We don't choose to be gay. Others do.
Since it's a simple choice it should be no problem to go ahead and have a gay experience just to prove it's a choice. >I< don't think it's a choice, so PMing overbear is something choicers need to do.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM #38
Umami
&quot;That guy&quot;
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
As Tank said, I agree completely.

If gay people can choose to be straight, straight people should be able to choose to be gay.

Give it a shot, see if it works.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 PM #39
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict
 
saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Yucca Valley Ca.
saint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Descriptions of imaginary people from bible thumpers are too easy to spot. I don't understand what it is with the certain sects of Christianity and a fear of intellectuals to the point of delusion.

I've never heard anyone with an ounce of intelligence claim to be the smartest person on the planet.
Wow... a so called intelectual insult or attemp at that. Answer the question or stay out of it... your choice. His name was Dr. Croy and taught at CMC in JT California. His wife was also head of the morongo unfied school districts dept for special ed.

Very nice attempt at being a tough guy...LOL

P.S. Also... no religion was brought up... so why attack the fact that I am a christian?
__________________
Hell is real..... Got Jesus?
Trade Feedback
CHRIST KREW
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, and Planet Eclipse Paintball
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!

Last edited by saint : 10-27-2011 at 04:16 PM.
saint is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:04 PM #40
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The
 
$h@key J0nEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grace Of GOD
Vagina is gross? C'mon. How's a vagina grosser than sticking your wiener up some hairy dude's p00p sh00t?
__________________

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so.” - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 PM #41
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict
 
saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Yucca Valley Ca.
saint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Vagina is gross? C'mon. How's a vagina grosser than sticking your wiener up some hairy dude's p00p sh00t?
hairy all depends on if they wax or not...
__________________
Hell is real..... Got Jesus?
Trade Feedback
CHRIST KREW
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, and Planet Eclipse Paintball
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!
saint is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:52 PM #42
Umami
&quot;That guy&quot;
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
So are pedophiles ok???? or are they sick in the head. I for one believe they are sick but one can make the arguement that it is a sexual preference. Also for the sickening part of this is that when I was taking Sociology the psychiatrist who was teaching the class said that he found it ok for an adult to have sex with a child as long as the child did not protest... now he claimed to be the smartest guy on the planet but I beg to differ... so who is right and who is wrong? I have made my stance and have concluded that homosexuality is wrong just as a person is wrong for their desire to have sex with a child. Just my thoughts on the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
Wow... a so called intelectual insult or attemp at that. Answer the question or stay out of it... your choice. His name was Dr. Croy and taught at CMC in JT California. His wife was also head of the morongo unfied school districts dept for special ed.

Very nice attempt at being a tough guy...LOL

P.S. Also... no religion was brought up... so why attack the fact that I am a christian?
I wasn't trying to be a tough guy, I was just pointing out the ludicrous nature of saying that someone claimed to be the smartest person in the world. My first thought if I heard someone claim that would be: "idiot". So idiotic that he sounds fictional.

I bring up the fact that you're a Christian because I only see the argument you've made come from the devoutly religious... it's as if they're the only group capable of deluding themselves enough to see Pedophilia and Homosexuality as even tangentially related.

You wanted it, so here's my response to your question. If such a person exists and actually made that statement, he is wrong and as the self-proclaimed smartest person in the world he should know it. Children that haven't sexually matured (as the targets of a pedophile wouldn't have) aren't emotionally or intellectually capable of understanding the consequences of these decisions, and therefore aren't able to make them. So comparing homosexuality to pedophilia is a non-sequitur, by virtue of the fact that the relationship cannot be between consenting individuals. Sex between an adult and a child will always be rape, and I'm confident in saying that every respectable sociologist and psychologist agrees with me.

So now that I've answered your question, I'd like you to answer mine. If homosexuality is a choice, then it's a choice you should be able to make. Ask yourself honestly, would you be able to choose to have sex with a man and enjoy it? (not that there's anything wrong with that)
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.

Last edited by Umami : 10-27-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Umami is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump