PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 AM #64
JLAudioCavalier

JLAudioCavalier supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjayhugie View Post
I don't understand, what is the appeal of the dual pane lens?
It's a true anti-fog thermal lens as used for ski/board goggles. They don't rely on a crappy coating for the anti-fog, and the "anti-fog" doesn't wear out. It's a far superior design to any other lens available with an "anti-fog coating".
JLAudioCavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 PM #65
mrjayhugie
Trailblazing.

Got it, thank you.
mrjayhugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 AM #66
ShottyBongotti
Big Kev

ShottyBongotti supports Team VICIOUS
ShottyBongotti supports Team VICIOUS
ShottyBongotti plays in the APPA D4 division
ShottyBongotti has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Finally!!! Thank God
Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 AM #67
1splatkid

If you need a pair. I know a dealer/shop who has them in stock today. Pm me
1splatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:12 PM #68
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

has been a member for 10 years
I just got the pair of smoke dual paned lenses I ordered for my Grills from ANSGear.

The craftsmanship looks solid. They put a film on the inner side of the inside lens. My guess is to reduce the chance of scratching while shipping.

If I play next weekend I will post a review/thoughts on it.
cheapchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 PM #69
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

The lenses performed fantastically. No fogging at all to speak of. The lens wiped clean as new with a few shots from a spray bottle and a microfiber. I ended up finishing a few 15 minute games and when others were fogging up I had 100% visibility. Conditions were: 60 degrees, partly cloudy, relatively high humidity (cold front passed through) during the day. I quit playing at 2pm and it rained at 4:30pm.

I'm getting a second pair.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 PM #70
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obviously they aren't going to fog, I don't know of any decent masks that have many fogging problems, my I4's are perfect, I never see any Flex's having problems, and my profilers were great when the lens was still good.

I'm curious how well they hold up though seeing as though the quality of the old lenses went to crap, I'm not sure if I want to spend the money to put a new lens in my profiler quite yet
Bobtheballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:41 PM #71
xxxlonewolfxxx

I have a profiler with the yellow duel pane lenses and they hold up great while i ref at my local field.
xxxlonewolfxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:17 AM #72
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheballer

Not necessarily expecting free parts. I don't believe the foam should just fall apart either, I have motocross goggles that take way more abuse than any of my paintball stuff ever has and the foam is still fine on those. I was however expecting at least a reply to be able to BUY some new foam because I can't find it anywhere anymore
I emailed them about two months after i bought the profilers, warranty to damage is 30 days from purchase, so the shotty lense quality that i got wasnt covered. i really hope the dual panes, are much better quality. I know they wont fog, but im talking about the flaking that the outside tends to easily do. I wasnt too happy that after one hig i had a cloudy film on the lense because the hardcoat or whatever was peeling.

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:28 PM #73
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator89 View Post
I emailed them about two months after i bought the profilers, warranty to damage is 30 days from purchase, so the shotty lense quality that i got wasnt covered. i really hope the dual panes, are much better quality. I know they wont fog, but im talking about the flaking that the outside tends to easily do. I wasnt too happy that after one hig i had a cloudy film on the lense because the hardcoat or whatever was peeling.
That is why I won't buy another Vforce mask. I loved my Profilers, and I really wanted a pair of Grillz but if that's the kind of quality they have and then they pretty much don't do anything about it then I just won't use them. I just leave my Profilers in my closet and use my I4's.

I realize lenses wear out after being hit a few times and just used a lot, but after one hit is just ridiculous or only a couple times of playing with them. I'm still waiting to here some actual reviews on the Dual pane lenses to. I haven't seen or heard anything about them.
Bobtheballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 PM #74
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

I've used them now for two outings and they still look brand new and perform well. I should have a second one on the way soon. I see no peeling.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 AM #75
Mattcar

Mattcar is for the Gunfight
the Dual panes are great imo. I used them for some time now and started using my grill again.

I got a deal on alot of lense from a friend and I can sell 5 lense for 100

$ if anyone want some.
Mattcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:53 PM #76
Bdcbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcar
the Dual panes are great imo. I used them for some time now and started using my grill again.

I got a deal on alot of lense from a friend and I can sell 5 lense for 100

$ if anyone want some.
Looking to get a few and I think the wait time from ANS gear is a few weeks now. Do they do cool reflective ones too?
Bdcbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 PM #77
Mattcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdcbean View Post
Looking to get a few and I think the wait time from ANS gear is a few weeks now. Do they do cool reflective ones too?
I only have clear one sadly. but let me know soon, I only have a few left
Mattcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 PM #78
cHc

cHc plays in the PSP
cHc is an NCPA player
cHc plays in the APPA D3 division
I loved my grill mask so much I kept buying the **** lense for years. The things just fit perfectly on me and i like the parabolic lenses. Finally i got sick of the lense issues and bought a used e vent to use. This year at cup i bought a grill and matching silver mirror dual pane lenses ONLY because i thought for sure that they would be at least a little better. BEWARE the dual panes are just as ****ty as far as coating toughness. Granted this was high grade brittle paint in d2x, but the first mask shot left the telltale circular scratch pattern that all grill owners know. I went to the GI tent and sat in the line for a long while until i finally tracked down the guy in charge of v-force products at GI (thats what i was told). He knew right away i was more pissed off at the company than about the lense and was nice enough to replace it for me with a smoke dual pane. I let him off easily after he gave me an excuse that all manufacturers lenses are like this (bull****) and left with a new lense. So i give them an A for customer service but an F for business ethics. In my theory this is not a limitation of production capability, but a way to make profit for the company by guarenteeing the continued purchase of lenses. Especially in the case of a tournament specific safety mask whose lense coating does not last longer than one shot. THis **** just drives me crazy because i would be willing to pay five time the already inflated prices they charge for a lense that lasted.

End Rant
Old 11-24-2012, 12:50 PM #79
MatManiac19

MatManiac19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
MatManiac19 supports Team VICIOUS
I bought a dual pane smoked lens for my grill and they are awesome! Haven't tested them on the field yet, but I wore them outside for a couple of hours and no fogs...
MatManiac19 is offline   Reply With Quote