alright guys... i mentioned a couple of months ago about rearranging things... now that the invasion has started its.... invasion, lets start putting its sticky together. all those questions that keep getting asked - put them here with the answers. clutter will be removed at some point. Go ahead and post up your invasion knowledge!
Brief Alien History - here so i don't lose this....
From Jack Rice.... "My son played young guns with a pivoting door gun (very short) that Duane Parsons and I developed. The way the air was routed gave it a very nice trajectory.
We started at Rich Telford's field (then Captain of Ironmen, now Captain of ESV) and he was very helpful in developing the guns. We introduced the Alien guns in 2005 and that year XSV's D1/Semi Pro team shot them and won a pro spot in PSP.
'05 &' 06 guns were Interceptors, '06 and '07 we had the Remains at the top of the lineup - still quite popular. In '08 we introduced the Independence. In '09 we made the most significant changes, if you have an '09 or later ND you know what Alien is."
Invasion Owner's Manual
The Invasion Manual can be found here.
Follow the maintenance schedule in the manual. No need to do anything when you get the gun - and do not lube the bolt. If you think it necessary then try some pb gun oil (pmi, kc-Trouble-free blue, or similar) on the bolt o-ring, or don't bother as you can easily get by without. Note that excessive bolt lube will get the lube in the breach, in your barrel - and on your paint which will negatively impact your paint's trajectory. Best to avoid imo and as stated, follow the maintenance instructions in the manual.
Dip Switch Settings
- 4-eye capable
- Electronics: Hatred board
- Lpr psi in the 70's
- Detents: same as machine paintball's vapor, but spider/intimidator detents can be trimmed to fit
- magnetic trigger return, 3-way adjustable
- Hoseless -or - switch to youfavorite in-line reg
- serviceable rammer
- short, high-flow hardline connects lpr to ram housing
- smc solenoid
- Sweep valve and bolt
- soft-touch bolt rubber insert - won't shoot-out
- grips: custom alien panels
- Marker Colors - bodies are a satin finish, accents are polished: (body color: accent color) Black:Green, Black:Burnt Orange, Platinum:Black (stormtrooper), "Classic" Black:Black
- barrel colors: all barrels are black with colored tips: green, burnt orange and platinum
- Barrel Kit Available (.689, .697, .695)
- bodies are extruded, bores are then reamed and honed
Switch 1: Up = ROF at user setting
Down = ROF at default of 15 BPS
Switch 2: Up = Tournament Lock – no changes possible
Down = Programming Mod – changes can be made.
Board usually has DIP Switch 1 up, and Switch 2 Down.
The only reason to put 1 down is you want to quickly change to 15 BPS
The only reason to put 2 up is that a tournament is checking for guns to be locked
(As reviewed by WhiteFang upon receiving his invasion...)
Using a kitchen scale it weighs as follows:
1lb 14 oz without battery and without the barrel pieces
2lb 2.9 oz without battery but with barrel pieces (both)
2lb 4.5 oz with battery and both barrel pieces.
(The manual states weight of 1lb 6.9oz without battery and barrel pieces, so my scale could be a little off or something could have changed since the weight was taken?)