Community Focus

Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM #1
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76

charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D2 division
paintball player opinion

Pev's paintball park is a nice open field, but I feel if someone is looking to play and have fun, don't go to pev's. The price is simply insane! $70 for a case of paint isn't business, that's injustice. When times are this hard I don't know any 13-15 year old kid has a hundred dollars to blow on field fees and ONE case of paint. I hope to see a change, Pev's you should think about how to making it more affordable, so paintball can grow the sport (doing so might just get you more business and make no need for the ridiculously high price).
While I'm giving business consulting advice, Pev's should work on customer service. Having played paintball up and down the east coast, most field owners want kids to enjoy thier experience; I did not feel this way with Megan. Tator (the owner of carolina paintball park) would check and see if kids were having fun. Tator is a nice man, who takes the time to get to know just about everyone that goes to his field. He wants people to have fun, I've seen a kids nipple break on the tank and tator let that kid use a tank FREE OF CHARGE, for that day. There is another field, that happens to be in your backyard, PAP (Paintball Adventure Park) owned by Rick Hartman that offers great customer service. Rick is a nice man like tator; he knows most of his customers. Rick has helped many people out to make sure that they want to come back. So for your future business success, Megan I hope you think of the competition, and treat well each person putting money in your pocket.
I honestly hope Pev's owners read this, I dislike hearing people say "Pev's sucks, they make me not want to play paintball."
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2010, 02:05 PM #2
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 supports Empire
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think they want to target their business toward 13-15 year old that shoots a case a day (you don't make money or have enough money to spend on paintball). They want 13-15 year old that shoots 200 balls a person a day that comes out twice a year because their parents are throwing them a birthday party.

I have a lot of friends who are in their late 20's and hates playing with people who shoots a case a day. They spend the money to get a private group where everyone is using a rental Tippmann. In their words, "so we don't feel out gunned".

Last edited by noclue119 : 11-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 PM #3
charmin

charmin plays in the PSP
That's sad... It's also sad that Pev's acting the way it does now, is still in business.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM #4
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
While I sympathize with you on the paint/entry pricing, it's not even the most costly place in the tri-state area. Try playing at EMR or Skirmish. Expect a $25+ entry and $85-$100 per case of paint.

The other option for cheaper paint is to buy during the week at the field or the Fairfax store. The pricing is closer to $40-$50 per case (which is nearly half the price of the field). This probably isn't much help to the MD folks now that the Rockville store is out of commission.

I sympathize with your comments though.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 AM #5
MCK2k8MFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmin View Post
That's sad... It's also sad that Pev's acting the way it does now, is still in business.
Like every other business, there are times that test you, and Pev's is no exception. They to have suffered from both the economy and "other" things, they've closed their Maryland store, and relocated what had been their Sterling store to the field. Also, understanding how expensive it is to get a field up and running, especially the caliber of field that Pev's is (hosting National events mind you) is outrageous, not to mention the cost that was incurred simply fighting for zoning, which I'm sure you can imagine is way up there. Also remember it is a "business" and in order to keep up and running, you need to make money, sure prices could be cheaper, but as pointed out, go to the stores and pre-purchase your paint, it saves! We can all sympathize, but do remember, the overhead for the field isn't cheap! sometimes you have to pay a little more to get a little more, feel me??
Chris Cole F'ing Squid Fan #1
Old 02-16-2011, 03:04 PM #6
n3v3rless

I hate to hear people hate on a field. Admittedly I used to talk **** on pev's but that was because I grew up (in terms of paintball) at OA and they were our rivals. Of course, nowadays, I've learned to appreciate them for the powerhouse that they are. Also, one bad experience is not indicative of the business practices of a nationwide organization and it's short-sighted to say so. The web site says that you can only use paint with their logo, not only from the field. So, go to the store and buy a 40 case of paint. That price is for rentals, and financially irresponsible people who didn't plan ahead. To use the old phrase; hate the game, not the players. Be nice to pev's, they really do care about the players and as for myself, my team will continue to support pev's as long as I am captain.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:22 PM #7
charmin

charmin plays in the PSP
I don't know what fields you people play at but I haven't ever paid more than $30 a case and $20 field fee + add day air, but the fields you name don't have a single good team... pap has revolution (PSP d3xball Texas champs) monstars (PSP d2xball Texas 2nd runner ups) assault (PSP d3xball 2010 series champs) but yeah I fill myself around successful people. I hope you all have a wise up and see you can get double at pap which mean you get better faster.
Plus it would be nice to see pevs change their management in the customer service area. Aka megan's attitude to people.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM #8
charmin

charmin plays in the PSP
N3v3rless the funny thing is you probably have never placed top 3 in a national event and your comment "go to the store to get cheaper paint..." makes you a tool. Pap field's paint is cheaper than pevs store paint.... any team that says pevs is their sponsor must play scenario because no pegs teams play PSP or nppl have a nice day spending unnecessary amounts of cash
Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 PM #9
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Pev's does help there teams, A LOT. We are a Pev's teams and we have one of the best sponsorships of any divisional team anywhere. Also, Pev's has good prices for other teams to come practice. Other teams can come for $3 field entry and $35 a case of paint. That is not a rip off. Yes the walk on prices are high, but if you are a regular paintball player then buy paint from the store. I have played at about 40 different fields, maybe more. Pev's has a very strong turf field that beats out most others.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM #10
Timmydevil

Timmydevil plays in the PSP
Timmydevil plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsprayerrr View Post
Pev's does help there teams, A LOT. We are a Pev's teams and we have one of the best sponsorships of any divisional team anywhere. Also, Pev's has good prices for other teams to come practice. Other teams can come for $3 field entry and $35 a case of paint. That is not a rip off. Yes the walk on prices are high, but if you are a regular paintball player then buy paint from the store. I have played at about 40 different fields, maybe more. Pev's has a very strong turf field that beats out most others.
^^^ Truth

Its odd that the OP was initially talking about rec and walk on, and how the staff should be more focused on customer service. At least I would think so, because your not going to see very many 12-15 kids on D3/D2 xball sqds.

And then you go on to talk about how great all the MD teams are... which has nothing to do with customer service. In fact you lucky, and you are correct, that is why so many of those teams are good, they have a lot completion to grid it out against week in and week out. If you look across the country the field that have 4-5 teams who play national events tend to have 2-3 teams who place in every event. Look at LVP for NPPL, they have 7-8 team out every week and that is why they have 3-4 who take podium every event. PAP has a ton of teams, and like you said several of them place in every event. The same is true with the 2 big so-cal field, they have 10-12 teams out every week, and those are the teams that are winning.

Fact of the matter, the pev's team rates (for non sponsored teams, just teams that show up to play) is cheaper than any other field. The problem is that there aren’t any tournament players who or playing in this area right now. Its mostly walk on's.

And I'm sure that’s why Pev's run's so many FREE ENTREY tournaments, as well as a youth development league. Do any of the fields you mention do that? I'm guessing not.

As far as prices go, look where the field is? its next to 3 of the 7 richest county’s in the country... Pev's also have 20-30 staff members every Saturday and Sunday. So the over head of this field is ridiculous, thus the prices are high. But its also one of the nicest fields in the country. And yes, I have played PSP, NPPL , AZPPL, WCPPL and other random events, so I have played cost to cost and in several states between.

As far as your comment about the sponsorships that they provide, I think several teams just "say" that they sponsored and throw a logo on there jerseys. I know for a fact the NPPL sponsorship they provide is the most legit Divisional sponsorship available.

- Luigi.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:37 PM #11
tdamskey

how long till pevs opens the new field their planning on making