PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 PM #1
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

deadeyeheat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Moly paste for sear lubrication???

I was thinking.I am an air rifle collector and Moly paste is a big item used in this hobby for the lubing of piston springs and the breach of the air gun.as well as all extreme metal to metal friction applications on the air gun such as the cocking mechanism.

I wonder if this would be good for the sear on the autococker? since Moly paste is used for extreme metal to metal friction reduction.

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,
deadeyeheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM #2
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
honestly, you'd be fine with a drop of oil here or there and call it good. there's not all that much friction at the pivot, and if you lube the sear/lug contact, you're going to get inconsistency with the sear catching the lug, and inconsistent trigger break (not exactly an issue with an electro, but still).
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:24 PM #3
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Inconsistent when you lubricate?! What the hell?!
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:32 PM #4
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

deadeyeheat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Inconsistent when you lubricate?! What the hell?!
I think he is right in a way.I just completely took my Sr apart and while putting it back together.I lubed the sear and hammer lug with some moly paste.Before i did this i had the hammer lug adjusted to the proper depth so that the sear caught the lug.

Now during the dissasembly i did not touch the hammer lug at all.Only applied some moly paste.

it seems that the moly paste reduced the friction so much that the sear was no longer catching the lug....lol...so i had to turn the lug down a bit so that the lug was caught by the sear.

But then again i think that is a good thing though as far as lubrication.that goes to show how much less friction is being put on the 2 parts.

i just put 3 cases through the gun and it worked beautiful.

As i said this stuff is used for extreme metal to metal contact in my air rifles and i think its a perfect fit here.It also does not come off.

Although i had to drop my lug down farther witch may seem like the grease is causing a problem.I think its the other way around.As before the sear catching the lug was due top friction really rather than the 2 pieces being properly alighned together.

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,
deadeyeheat is offline   Reply With Quote