Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 PM #1
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
New Brass Autococker E1 - E2 Replacement Buttons



I made a bunch of these on my lathe the other night any idears what else I could make I have a cnc mill/lathe and really like cocker parts
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM #2
cww516
clever text goes here
 
cww516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bolts, pull pins, anything round and symmetric. at least, that's what i've made. if you can mill stuff as well, your possibilities go way up.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM #3
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
I have a cnc mill yes. still working on learning gcode having a problem trying to convert cad to gcode
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM #4
Dk-79
SCHWING!
 
Dk-79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North County, California
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
I have a cnc mill yes. still working on learning gcode having a problem trying to convert cad to gcode
Is the CNC mill something you own personally, or is it through a job.

I'm curious what they run for nowadays. When they first came out, they were upwards of 100k. If you have any knowledge of the current CNC market, you should shoot me a PM. I'd appreciate your time

The cocker market could use some new bolts. All the ones out now are either old or way too expensive.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM #5
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
I own the cnc mill and lathe yes
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM #6
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio


What it looks like in a gun
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM #7
cww516
clever text goes here
 
cww516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
I have a cnc mill yes. still working on learning gcode having a problem trying to convert cad to gcode
yeah, have fun with that. i took an intro NC course, we did enough work with g-code for me to respect the hell out of the guys who programmed that stuff before there was software to generate it for you.

if you're looking for 2D stuff, look into PartKAM. free, open-source, all that, it's flash-based and can take 2D CAD files and a couple other filetypes, and generates toolpaths and g-code and such. for what it costs, it's pretty nifty. never used the code it generates to actually cut a part, but it looks pretty solid.

otherwise, i'd have to imagine that most current CAD software packages will have something included to generate g-code. pretty sure Pro/E does, can't really say for sure on everything else, though.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:53 PM #8
jun
 
 
jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post


I made a bunch of these on my lathe the other night any idears what else I could make I have a cnc mill/lathe and really like cocker parts
Could you make a front block for the Autococker SR that takes standard ram, LPR, 3-way/solenoids, and has a vertical, zero degree ASA?
jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 AM #9
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
I would need to find an autococker sr to attempt it
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 AM #10
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cww516 View Post
yeah, have fun with that. i took an intro NC course, we did enough work with g-code for me to respect the hell out of the guys who programmed that stuff before there was software to generate it for you.

if you're looking for 2D stuff, look into PartKAM. free, open-source, all that, it's flash-based and can take 2D CAD files and a couple other filetypes, and generates toolpaths and g-code and such. for what it costs, it's pretty nifty. never used the code it generates to actually cut a part, but it looks pretty solid.

otherwise, i'd have to imagine that most current CAD software packages will have something included to generate g-code. pretty sure Pro/E does, can't really say for sure on everything else, though.

its the 2.5 stuff i want.
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:15 AM #11
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage
 
uberPHAGE 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk-79 View Post
Is the CNC mill something you own personally, or is it through a job.

I'm curious what they run for nowadays. When they first came out, they were upwards of 100k. If you have any knowledge of the current CNC market, you should shoot me a PM. I'd appreciate your time

The cocker market could use some new bolts. All the ones out now are either old or way too expensive.
O/T but a 3+2 axis no frills mill is about $65,000. the new 5 axis machine we just received was about $250,000 with a few add-ons. as far as older 3 axis mills though, you could probably find a g-code mori seiki on ebay thats about 25-25 years old for ~$4000 that will do just about anything you need outside of mass production.

good job on the buttons also! they look nice. what kind of lathe do you run?
uberPHAGE 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 AM #12
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
taig micro lathe 2
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 AM #13
THE Hulk
AKA Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
An aluminum eye cover. Doesn't have to be fancy but something other than plastic. And aluminum so it can be match ano'd.
__________________
Thanks,
Jim
THE Hulk
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 PM #14
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
I could do that pretty easy.

I did these for grins.





low profile doesnt get caught on clothing pretty nice over all. Ive sold about 100 of them everyone seems to like them.
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 PM #15
MikeM
 
 
MikeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago Suburbs
MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I recently aquired a few of those push pins and eblade buttons. They are things of beauty. All it takes is an IM!
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 AM #16
QuakerOats
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio


did some in titanium and aluminum too
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump