Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 AM #1
BlitzkriegNZ

Will 18 volts fry a loaders board?

I am trying to get my backpack loader to feed so I have decided to try 2 9 volts in a series to double the voltage.
Before I destroy my board I thought I should ask if anyone knows how much voltage a magna drives board can handle without sparking up, I was told in a different thread that he rigged up 5 batteries and caused a massive spark.
BlitzkriegNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2011, 08:26 AM #2
Drayven

I use a dual 9volt mod in my Halo, and have never had any issues.

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM #3
BlitzkriegNZ

I think the double 9v adapters are in parallel so you double the capacity but not the voltage, not sure.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:10 PM #4
Drayven

Sorry...missed that part...what are you hoping to accomplish by upping the voltage? If you're looking for a power boost, look at the mechanics rather than throwing more power to it. If you don't cook the board, you might just turn it into a blender.

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 AM #5
BlitzkriegNZ

I was going to change the motor but I just tried my idea out and it worked better than I expected. As long as I don't empty 400 shots without a break it shouldn't over heat the board or burn out the motor. I'll put a short test vid on my thread for the loader.