PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2011, 12:58 PM #1
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

deadeyeheat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Understand the Virtue oled

I was wondering if it matters what profile you select when setting up your virtue oled board.If anyone has read my other posts i am having trouble getting the oled board in my etek2 to uncapp.

the fastest i was able to get the gun was 15.8 in ramping and 16.3 in semi auto??? I was wondering if me setti g my board to NPPL has anything to do with that? i do however set the rate of fire to max but still nothing.

I just want to understand this board is all i am looking for.I talked to someone with the same gun and board and he said that he gets 25bps out of his etek2 with the virtue oled so i dont understand my situation.I am also aware that these guns dont have the QEV's but that is not responsible for such a dramatic speed increase as a renowned planet eclipse tech told me.

Bob long intimidators and angels dont have QEV's yet these guns can run well above 20bps for me.I am using a Halo B V35 loader so that is not the problem.

Would setting the profile matter even though i can uncapp each profile?? or will each profile be limited anyway? The person that told me that his etek2 with the same board can run 25bps also said he has his profile set to NXL and rate of fire set to 25bps

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,

Last edited by deadeyeheat : 10-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.
deadeyeheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM #2
oh sure (Banned)
Mainah bub.

oh sure is BST Trusted
oh sure owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
oh sure has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Read the manual.
oh sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM #3
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Your gun is already shooting faster then any field will ever allow...

Try a different loader and make sure all the settings are at stock.

gamer565 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM #4
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh sure View Post
Read the manual.
Did 5 times and counting it mentions nothing about each profile doing what i am asking so i was just wondering if it was something i am supposed to know.

Since each profile setting is relative to a set of game rules i thought that maby the board would just cap any way.

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,
Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 PM #5
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Profiles have preset settings for that event.

But the settings can be changed.

gamer565 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM #6
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Your gun is already shooting faster then any field will ever allow...

Try a different loader and make sure all the settings are at stock.
Yeah my freinds and i dont play at a field.I am just confused since the same loader feeds my intimidators and marqs much faster.

I just want to know why this is happening.I dont think its wrong that i want to know why this gun wont shoot faster than 15.8 in ramping but ironically 16.3 in semi????

QEV's have nothing to do with it as my bob long guns and angels have no QEV's and fire well over 20bps.This etek2 has a cheaper noid than my ego9 but not cheap by any means and should be capable of at the very least 20bps as a planet eclipse tech told me.

I just want to know whats up and figured this is what a forum is for.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 AM #7
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
As gamer565 stated, to the best of my knowledge, the names of the profiles are just to tell them apart as much as anything, and once you have changed the settings, the profile should follow those settings, and not be effected by whatever the original settings were.

It may help if you list the values for all the board's adjustable parameters - something may stand out as being wrong.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 PM #8
MurderFX

On all my Virtue OLED boards the fire rate is determined on what you have your profile set at and is not based on any other profile.

So on my NT I have 3 of my profiles setup for semi-auto play (12bps, 15bps, and uncapped) and my 4th profile is setup for PSP @ 11bps. Remember that each profile has it's own dwell settings too so if you're adjusting that under 1 profile for tuning sake, you need to change it on every profile.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 PM #9
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderFX View Post
On all my Virtue OLED boards the fire rate is determined on what you have your profile set at and is not based on any other profile.

So on my NT I have 3 of my profiles setup for semi-auto play (12bps, 15bps, and uncapped) and my 4th profile is setup for PSP @ 11bps. Remember that each profile has it's own dwell settings too so if you're adjusting that under 1 profile for tuning sake, you need to change it on every profile.
So your saying that say i set the profile to NPPL....and set the rate of fire to max.The gun will still only hit a certain BPS????i leave all the other settings stock including the dwell.

It seems that if i shut the anti breach bounce and anti mechanical bounce off the gun slows down more??? OR IS IT JUST ME?? I FIGURE LEAVING THEM ON WILL REDUCE THE RATE OF FIRE MORE??

Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 PM #10
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Ok can someone explain anti breach bounce and anti mechanical bounce or how they work due to Virtues programming?

It seems that these 2 features slow the gun down?

Also i was talking to a Virtue tech online as he was trying to help me with this problem and he told me to set the trigger sensativity to LOW to make the gun shoot its fastest.Yet the manual says that the higher the trigger sensativity setting the faster the gun will shoot?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 AM #11
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyeheat View Post
So your saying that say i set the profile to NPPL....and set the rate of fire to max.The gun will still only hit a certain BPS????i leave all the other settings stock including the dwell.

It seems that if i shut the anti breach bounce and anti mechanical bounce off the gun slows down more??? OR IS IT JUST ME?? I FIGURE LEAVING THEM ON WILL REDUCE THE RATE OF FIRE MORE??
I believe that MurderFX was stating that you can set the rate of fire of each profile independently of all others, and that the profile will follow your set rate of fire, rather than being fixed to the tournament rules that the name of each profile might suggest is in use.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 AM #12
MurderFX

Correct - if you set NPPL to say 25bps, it will fire up to 25bps, or as fast as your loader will feed paint. If you set it to 20bps, it will fire up to 20bps or as fast as your loader will feed paint.

I've never touched the trigger sensitivity, anti breech bounce or mechanical bounce before but here's how I understand them.

trigger sensitivity: This is basically how many times a second the trigger is monitoring for microswitch pulls. The higher the setting (Highest) means the board is using more processing to look for more pulls. This would be the fastest setting but it's also the battery intensive.

Anti Mechanical Bounce: This basically puts a trigger cap on your marker to avoid mechanical bounce, or think of it as a trigger microswitch delay setting. The higher the setting (highest) will slow the marker down more. I've always left mine on Low.

Anti breech bounce: This is a second eye delay setting to watch for balls that may bounce. I believe stock setting is High which is the slowest setting. Think of this as if the eye reads a paintball and then it disappears it will wait to read the eye again.

One thing you have to watch is if you set the eye delay too low and the anti-breech to high then you may chop paint on the end of a paint stack. I remember someone at one of our local fields was chopping with his OLED virtue and I found in the settings he had his eye delay set way too low and the anti-breech set to high.

Again that's how I understand the settings. If you understand them different or Virtue is telling you something different lets discuss this more as I don't want bad information being put out there for others to read.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 PM #13
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderFX View Post
Correct - if you set NPPL to say 25bps, it will fire up to 25bps, or as fast as your loader will feed paint. If you set it to 20bps, it will fire up to 20bps or as fast as your loader will feed paint.

I've never touched the trigger sensitivity, anti breech bounce or mechanical bounce before but here's how I understand them.

trigger sensitivity: This is basically how many times a second the trigger is monitoring for microswitch pulls. The higher the setting (Highest) means the board is using more processing to look for more pulls. This would be the fastest setting but it's also the battery intensive.

Anti Mechanical Bounce: This basically puts a trigger cap on your marker to avoid mechanical bounce, or think of it as a trigger microswitch delay setting. The higher the setting (highest) will slow the marker down more. I've always left mine on Low.

Anti breech bounce: This is a second eye delay setting to watch for balls that may bounce. I believe stock setting is High which is the slowest setting. Think of this as if the eye reads a paintball and then it disappears it will wait to read the eye again.

One thing you have to watch is if you set the eye delay too low and the anti-breech to high then you may chop paint on the end of a paint stack. I remember someone at one of our local fields was chopping with his OLED virtue and I found in the settings he had his eye delay set way too low and the anti-breech set to high.

Again that's how I understand the settings. If you understand them different or Virtue is telling you something different lets discuss this more as I don't want bad information being put out there for others to read.
I thought the anti breach slowed the gun if set to high? so then how if i set it to high along wwith the eye delay to low will i induce chops?? i understand if the eye delay is set low then i can get chops but if the higher the setting of anti breach bounce then the slower the marker.Then should this not help the gun to not chop as much?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:05 PM #14
MurderFX

yeah you might be right on that. I was thinking backwards. If the anti-breech is set low and eye delay is low you might get chops.

Irregardless, I leave them all on stock settings and I've never had an issue on any of my Virtue boards with low ROFs.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:57 PM #15
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 AM #16
vader09rail
Charm City Chokehold

vader09rail supports Bob Gurnsey
vader09rail supports Pev's Paintball
vader09rail has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vader09rail has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just as a reference...here are my setting for my Virtue OLED in my DM10:

PROFILE- PSP
FIRING MODE- PSP MODE
ROF- 12.5
EYE MALFUNCTION ROF- 8
DWELL- 13ms
DEBOUNCE- 5.0ms
TRIGGER SENSITIVITY- Med
ANTI MECH BOUNCE- Low
EYE DELAY- 3.8ms
ANTI BREECH BOUNCE- High
ANTI BOLT STICK- 10ms

Never have had a chopped ball once with this board or even the stock one...Loader is a Prophecy
Originally posted by Saber66: DM's are only as good as their maintainer...
vader09rail is offline   Reply With Quote