Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2011, 03:19 PM #1
chippified

chippified owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
chippified owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
chippified supports Team VICIOUS
Nt11 screws locked up

Just got in a brand new dye nt11 and went to clean and adjust the trigger just to find out all the parts are incredibly tight. I cannot pull the spool apart, the trigger screws are basically glued in place. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried all the methods in the sticky on the spool but no luck.

EvEn WhEn YoU cAnT sEe HiM... GoD iS ThErE... iF YoU BeLiEvE iN HiM, PuT tHiS iN yOuR SiG

dssp8ntball.com
chippified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2011, 03:32 PM #2
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
This is honestly my only complaint about the NT. Debating buying a 2nd NT11, I'm trying to see if they would send me one with the entire bolt assembly, disassembled. So I could put it together myself. I have no idea why they make the bolt near impossible to get apart w/o doing physical damage to the rod and/or plunger. It's like the have the Hulk there putting these things together. Pisses me off... /rant

I have realized that it's not a good idea to use an adjustable wrench when taking apart the spool (wings on the plunger and rod). I use fixed size wrenches. They seem to hold better and don't twist off if there is to much force on them. Once you do get the spool apart, I suggest putting a very small amount of lube on that small Orange oring. That will help with future tear downs.

I can't help you with the trigger screws unfortunately. I have only had to adjust the stock trigger on the NT once. It was a little sloppy. But just make sure you don't strip or cross thread those screws.

Hope this helps.

-C
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:55 PM #3
PedroBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoddings0364 View Post
This is honestly my only complaint about the NT. Debating buying a 2nd NT11, I'm trying to see if they would send me one with the entire bolt assembly, disassembled. So I could put it together myself. I have no idea why they make the bolt near impossible to get apart w/o doing physical damage to the rod and/or plunger. It's like the have the Hulk there putting these things together. Pisses me off... /rant

I have realized that it's not a good idea to use an adjustable wrench when taking apart the spool (wings on the plunger and rod). I use fixed size wrenches. They seem to hold better and don't twist off if there is to much force on them. Once you do get the spool apart, I suggest putting a very small amount of lube on that small Orange oring. That will help with future tear downs.

I can't help you with the trigger screws unfortunately. I have only had to adjust the stock trigger on the NT once. It was a little sloppy. But just make sure you don't strip or cross thread those screws.

Hope this helps.

-C

On the trigger screws, you can try to apply some heat to them with a torch. The heat will crack/melt the threadlocking glue. Whatever you do, go very easy with those screws because they strip VERY easily(please Dye no more so cheap screws on a thousand dollar gun) - and once they strip then you really have a problem.

chipp: god, small torch, small amounts of heat each time, ok?

Last edited by PedroBR : 10-13-2011 at 03:58 PM.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:05 PM #4
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
May I suggest using a hair dryer instead of a torch?
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:09 PM #5
PedroBR

Indeed safer

Last edited by PedroBR : 10-13-2011 at 04:15 PM.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 PM #6
chippified

chippified owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
chippified owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
chippified supports Team VICIOUS
Alright. The place i bought the marker from is trying to get them to send me a new bolt disassembled as the spool is literally stuck together and I don't wanna damage the bolt.

As far as the trigger idk. I may end up drilling them out. With heat one still got shredded up so I am not sure what to do. I'm about to send the marker in and see how much dye wants me to pay to fix a marker I haven't even shot.

EvEn WhEn YoU cAnT sEe HiM... GoD iS ThErE... iF YoU BeLiEvE iN HiM, PuT tHiS iN yOuR SiG

dssp8ntball.com
chippified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 AM #7
Fu Leng

I hac one trigger adjustment screw stripped in my attemt to remove it in order to install my new critical trigger. After consulting Dye the only way to remove it is by drilling a hole through it and use a screw extractor.

It took me arround 3 hours to do it
Fu Leng is offline   Reply With Quote