Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 PM #1
wesr

stiff vs light

i have both springs... the stiff copper and the older lighter one. i have never had an issue with the lighter spring, but im just wondering if anyone has seen an advantage to one or the other... like consistency, or if it changes the feel of the shot at all.
im going to play around with it tomorrow but figured i would see if anyone knew.

ps my set up is
nt10 w/
11 spool
spacer rod
noid manifold
green flow tip
dwell 10 ms
290 fps +/- 4
.684 back
115ish psi

shoots awesome just wondering if there is a difference in changing the spring

Last edited by wesr : 10-10-2011 at 12:01 AM.
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 AM #2
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
TomorrowsGreatest plays in the PSP
TomorrowsGreatest owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
TomorrowsGreatest plays in the APPA D2 division
TomorrowsGreatest is Boss
TomorrowsGreatest supports DLX Technology
TomorrowsGreatest supports Empire
i just use the older one and never had a problem. no need to change whats working and working good
SOCIAL PAINTBALL | EXALT | LUXE | VIRTUE | TIKI'S PAINTBALL
hoppers
TomorrowsGreatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:38 AM #3
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I never experimented and I dont think I even have an older spring laying around.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:15 AM #4
MorpheusX
The Tfare

MorpheusX is a founding member
I have several myself. I did experiment a bit before but this was before I had the new bumper so I was experiencing bolt stick. It also seemed the gun had a more drawn out ksssh sound to that if tha makes any sense. I did find it a smoother feel but since it was in the backyard I was afraid I was losing velocity as I couldn't chronograph it.

I used to run the old spring in my nt10 and it shot amazingly. Now that I have the bumper sorted out I'll start messing around with the lighter spring. In combination with the adjustable manifold this could prove to be interesting.

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

MorpheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:17 PM #5
wesr

tried out a hand full of shots in the back yard tonight... didnt adjust anything only changed the spring. seemed to maybe be a little more consistent? i dont know we'll see how it goes at practice this week
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 AM #6
PedroBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusX View Post
I have several myself. I did experiment a bit before but this was before I had the new bumper so I was experiencing bolt stick. It also seemed the gun had a more drawn out ksssh sound to that if tha makes any sense. I did find it a smoother feel but since it was in the backyard I was afraid I was losing velocity as I couldn't chronograph it.

I used to run the old spring in my nt10 and it shot amazingly. Now that I have the bumper sorted out I'll start messing around with the lighter spring. In combination with the adjustable manifold this could prove to be interesting.
Hey Morpheusx,

I've been doing some thinkering and some experimenting and I'm almost sure that most of the `kick` of the NT is in the rearward travel of the bolt.

I noticed that the the bumber/limiter of the bolt on it's rearward motion is the insert. The insert is the stop, when the bolt goes back it stops when the insert hits the tip of the plunger.

I tried a oring in front of the blue oring on the plunger, then the bolt stops when it hits the oring, which is softer than the material of the insert.

Also, have you ever saw a ego/geo detent? I did cut it's tip and glued the rubber piecie on the spacer rod, so the spool hits something softer.

I've played last weekend and the gun was really great, soft and quiet. I'm playing again tomorrow(holiday here) and if it works okay again I'll send you the pictures of that I did.

From what I have been thinking/seeing/experimenting, the spring makes little and maybe no difference. It seems to me that it's just a this work/this one does not work situation and that little dialing makes no difference at all.

Sorry if at some point I did not make myself very clear, english is not my native language.

Last edited by PedroBR : 10-12-2011 at 12:22 AM.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM #7
MorpheusX
The Tfare

MorpheusX is a founding member
Pedro I sent you a pm and played around with your idea this afternoon. I have a couple suggestions I'll tell you via pm.

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

MorpheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 PM #8
PedroBR

PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote