Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2011, 09:38 AM #1
denucchi

nexus upgrade

ok so im looking to upgade an outkast e2 and see the nexus kit was highly recomended but cant find a complete kit. is the a comparable substitution for this now a days ? what combo do i need to acheive what the nexus does.
denucchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
It's been a while, but I believe this involved the Belsales ram, PE regulator, and the Rex dialer kit to replace the IVG. I'm going to bump this to the E-Cocker section for a more complete description and suggestions on how to accomplish this all today.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM #3
Dk-79
SCHWING!

It was an assortment of good parts, but IMO, I would get these instead of buying the nexus kit. Even finding a kit will be hard, and wicked expensive.

Ram - Eclipse/belsales Evo ram w/QEV's or ANS Mini ram w/ QEV's
LPR - Palmer Microrock/ ST FGP / AKA SCMIII LPR (any of these are great)
Bolts - Slik III bolt or a FreeFlow Nylatron (Though any delrin will do)
Valves - AKA Tornado valve/ CCM Valve/ Rat 3:16 valve/ Shocktech Valve

The rex dialer is more of a pain in the *** than a benefit, but maybe I've just never used one enough to really get to know much about them. I'm sure someone will vouch for it, but I don't think it's a necessity.

Just get a Madmann spring kit along with any of the parts listed above and you'll be fine.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM #4
denucchi

great info thanks. thats what im lookin for. diffence between the regular and the mircorock and mini ram or is it exactly that, smaller?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM #5
denucchi

any suggestions or info is greatly appreciated
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM #6
Dk-79
SCHWING!

The mini ram is good if you've got a turtled or halfblocked cocker. It cycles really quick but it doesn't have the large bore like the .44mag/Evo rams, so it runs at a bit higher pressure.

And they're easier to find. Just make sure you get some QEV's.

The micro rock is just a small Rock reg (which is nearly identical to the Shocktech FGP {**** Glenn Palmer} LPR). Of the ones posted, I would get the AKA SCMIII. If it's a reg, any reg, buy AKA.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM #7
denucchi

So dk , tech question if you know. When I start to ramp it seems like it relieves all pressure and kinda farts as it exhausts. Just wondering what's the cause and which component you listed would fix or which combo. Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 12:30 PM #8
Dk-79
SCHWING!

What, like shootdown?

If you can shoot a ball one at a time and the gun works fine but the balls start falling off until the marker farts and doesn't cycle right when shooting fast?

If that's what's happening, you should break apart and rebuild your inline reg and LPR. Open them up and replace any old, cracked, flat, or otherwise bad orings and it should get rid of the problem. Throw a little lube on the new orings to make sure they will seat right.

Do your inline reg first, then your LPR.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM #9
denucchi

yeah thats about it only when it kicks into multiple cycles seems like it cant keep up with cycling. have new lpr on the way and thats why i was inquiring about the best set up to get dont want to waste time or money on something not adiqiute. this is a spare gun i just got so im learning it all now. just wanna do it in the right the first time so i dont chase my tail.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM #10
Dk-79
SCHWING!

You're kinda going about it in a funny way. You're don't need a new engine to change your oil... You know what I mean?

Sounds to me like your Inline reg is dirty. I'm not sure what sort of reg you use, but you can find rebuild kits for cheap in the B/S/T and Ebay.

But hey, to new parts.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM #11
denucchi

i was just saying cuz i have one otw for my mechanical cocker and if that was the prob i could swap it out. and just got a new cuz i wanted an adjustable (and it was blue)ha. .just aquired this ebladed and dont really know anything about components other than e-kit.so i figure its stock untill i find out
differnt
Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 AM #12
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

it might just be that your lpr is a tad low and not providing enough pressure to keep up at higher speeds, no need to go taking apart everything

try raising the lpr a little first, and double check your settings to make sure you dont have some crazy short c-off setting. (i think thats the one it is, been a while since ive messed with one)

or just set it to factory fast, that usually rules out any settings issue, then go from there.

the eclipse/belsales rams are pretty nice, so are the ans mini rams. but if i was going to spend enough for an eclipse lpr id just buy an AKA one instead. better performing and i think they look nicer.