Question Airball?

Do you guys have airball fields?
EgoMan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2011, 09:06 PM #2
breck

has been a member for 10 years
No they do not. This field focuses on woodsball. They do have a small speedball field and a couple of larger fields that have a speedball feel to it but no airball.

It's a great field.
breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM #3
FuzzyMcFatAss (Banned)

If I'm not mistaken I thought I heard they're going to have an airball field up this spring. Like breck said, not right now.
FuzzyMcFatAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:25 AM #4
breck

Joe had one a few years ago (before I moved into the area) and he ripped out the field. It was in the grassy area next to the current speedball field. I'm surprised to hear that he may bring one back. I can't say that I would be upset to see an airball field added; airball is a blast with pumps. I don't know why but they just jell together real well. The only down side to adding an airball field is (and this is a generalization) there seems to be an attitude that goes with that sours a field. Then again, I may just be jaded from the Los Angeles field attitudes that I have been around the last few years.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM #5
FuzzyMcFatAss (Banned)

I don't want to be giving off information that is not true, but from what I understood when I heard about the whole airball thing is for advertisement reasons. They'd put it (I'd assume in the same spot as before) this way people from the highway will know there is a paintball field there.

I know what you mean. Speedball attracts a certain crowd.. Can't let a few speak for the bunch though. Either way it'll be fun. Some grass would be nice to play on.
FuzzyMcFatAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:43 PM #6
breck

I know it's just rumors until it happens. One nice thing about Sherwood is the field has an established personality and I told think the regulars are going to let it drift or stray. We may see some players pass through with poor attitudes but I doubt they will stick around long.

I haven't been at a field this friendly (both staff and player) since Black River Paintball in NC (back in '07) and before that Island Piantball in Hawaii ('00-'03). Now, BR had airball and that field had super nice players. Island Paintball was a woodsball field on the beach.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 PM #7
ne_harisho2

ne_harisho2 supports Sherwood Forest
ne_harisho2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
They have the field, but I believe it needs some work (netting and repair of many of the bunkers). I would like to see it eventually put up.

Buttercup
ne_harisho2 is offline   Reply With Quote