PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-19-2001, 11:02 PM #1
Evil Mr. Rogers

has been a member for 10 years
What is the difference between...?

What is the difference between just a regular game of paintball and speedball?

-Evil
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2001, 11:13 PM #2
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
there is no "regualr" game of paintball. many people play paintball in diff. ways. speedball is just one aspect of the sport. in speedball you play on a more open field with bunkers placed in certain positions. the fields are smaller and can be made of a variety of things like, spools, barrels, sup air, and hyperball fields. the object in speedball mostly involves around capturing a flag hung in the center of the field and bringing it to were your opponents started.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 07-19-2001, 11:18 PM #3
Evil Mr. Rogers

Ok, sorry about that mistake, still a newbie here...which one would you say is more fun, playing in the woods or speedball?

-Evil
Old 07-19-2001, 11:31 PM #4
pbgod
y ehllo thar!

Id say the newer players like woods more (i know i did) but as you get better, you tend to really appreciate speedball, and start to prefer it. like i do.
and a hell of a lot of paint
Old 07-19-2001, 11:57 PM #5
Budha
Paint Slüt

Evil, I want you to understand one thing, this is a public paintball message board. Dont feel stupid asking questions. You are new, everyone was new once. Now sometimes you will get some a hole flaming newbies but most of the time the regulars will set them straight. Again its not a mistake, you are new, and we are here to help. Later

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:00 AM #6
PayntbalMan98
i dont know what to say..

depends...

it just depends on what you like, if you like battle tactics, larger teams, little less hectic playing and wondering if that guy thats climbing that hill is on your team or the other team then you might wanna play forest
if you like in your face action, games that last a heart stopping 10 min (max) and getting bunkered and/or bunkering other people then there is nothing more lovely than a good game of speedball...

Me personally i liked speedball because its just more up front you know where everybody is and you can watch it from the sidelines and pick up on certain tactics better.

Hope this helps...

"your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on..."
-Dean Martin
Old 07-20-2001, 12:15 AM #7
buddhist priest

i personally cant stand woodsball...there is just something about not being able to see anyone, or even if you could, you would waste 99% of your paint on the underbrush and trees anyway...that of course, is my oppinion, but its a very good one =)