Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 AM #1
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

QmarcesQ is for the Gunfight
QmarcesQ supports Pev's Paintball
Five finger shoes?

Saw someone post about this before and never got an answer.
Have/do any of you play in the five finger shoe?
Cleats literally destroy my feet and when i finally unlace and take my cleats off at the end of the day they are so sore i just want to sit, and do nothing. I was hoping these might be a beneficial alternative to the cleats that wreck my feet.

and is there a version that would be ideal?

*EDIT*
here is the website
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/DJRobotears
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
QmarcesQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM #2
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
get better cleats. they even have cleats with air cushions. the only reason i dont like the idea of five finger shoes is
1. they weren;t made for making cuts and such and are really dangerous for your ankles.
2. they are TRAINING shoes to strengthen your feet.
3. if someone steps on you with their football cleats on your gna be hurtin.
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM #3
SwAmP_tHiNg

five fingers wouldnt help you out, better cleats and good inners would
SwAmP_tHiNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 AM #4
avery army
all day long

avery army posts videos on PbNation
avery army plays in the APPA beginner division
avery army has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
avery army has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Try a size up in cleats... cleats are a size smaller than normal shoes most of the time
Hebrews 12:11-13 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

Philippians 4:1313 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
avery army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:46 PM #5
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery army View Post
Try a size up in cleats... cleats are a size smaller than normal shoes most of the time
i was told they should be tight ( not constricting but snug) to help prevent messing up ankles and stuff. is this wrong?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM #6
vance164

vance164 is playing at Living Legends V
vance164 posts videos on PbNation
vance164 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vance164 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vance164 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vance164 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If your worried about your ankles make sure their high tops and tie that tight I have bad ankles and I wear my cleats a little big if your feet aren't comfortable you won't perform as well. And if you have ankle problems wrapping them is always an option.
Sponsored by: NW Ambush, Exalt Paintball, Royal Ridges Paintball, ANSgear.com
Silver & black G6R
Silver & blue DM6
my old feedback
JDMOTO FAN #56
vance164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:04 PM #7
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance164 View Post
If your worried about your ankles make sure their high tops and tie that tight I have bad ankles and I wear my cleats a little big if your feet aren't comfortable you won't perform as well. And if you have ankle problems wrapping them is always an option.

i am just a big guy 6foot 1 285 pounds, and i am scared of breaking an ankle.
actually i am petrified of it.

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM #8
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
MiniMaster423 plays in the PSP
MiniMaster423 plays in the APPA D5 division
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
actually someone i know uses five fingers to play paintball in. he uses the KSO Trek model its a good idea but youd have to wear something to protect your ankles
MiniMaster423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:03 PM #9
Scatlm
equilibrium

Football and soccer cleats are the way to go.

Football cleats are a bit heavier but it supports your ankle.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 PM #10
Jessetom

Jessetom owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jessetom supports Team VICIOUS
Get track spikes and ankle braces. The kind you see volleyball players WEAR.
Jessetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 PM #11
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
I use the Fivefingers KSO Trek.

This pretty much explains what I feel about them and why I'd suggest them over cleats: http://tbqf.co/?page_id=122

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:09 PM #12
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post

This pretty much explains what I feel about them and why I'd suggest them over cleats: http://tbqf.co/?page_id=122

what is the difference between all the different versions? namely the kso and kso trek?

I dont really like the leather look of the shoes so much.

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 PM #13
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
KSO has a mesh top.
KSO trek has leather and a bit more midsole thickness to it. I had both and ended up with the Trek for the midsole for when I go woodsballing. Helps with the little sharp rocks and stops **** from landing under the straps where they loop around that midsole piece, if you know what I mean.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 PM #14
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
KSO has a mesh top.
KSO trek has leather and a bit more midsole thickness to it. I had both and ended up with the Trek for the midsole for when I go woodsballing. Helps with the little sharp rocks and stops **** from landing under the straps where they loop around that midsole piece, if you know what I mean.

i am not really planning on doing woodsball lol.

is the plain kso thick enough in the sole that i would be able to sprint around a field with no worries of ****ing up my feet?

and it looks like the trek has a much much nicer sole on it traction and protection wise. or am i wrong?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 PM #15
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch

Annual Supporting Member
Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 plays in the MiLP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology
i play in five fingers. I do almost everything in them though so my feet and ankles are pretty used to it.

It took a while to get used to them and your legs use different muscles when you are wearing them. I started by walking and working out in them. Now i consistently run 3-5 miles and play paintball in mine.

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Pr1m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:48 PM #16
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1m0 View Post
i play in five fingers. I do almost everything in them though so my feet and ankles are pretty used to it.

It took a while to get used to them and your legs use different muscles when you are wearing them. I started by walking and working out in them. Now i consistently run 3-5 miles and play paintball in mine.

which ones do you use?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 PM #17
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Quote:

I read that little review and I have to comment on some things:

Quote:
You donít need to get on your tippy toes to have a clean launch from the deadbox. You can put down your whole foot, then gyrate, bend, and twist it any way you please to get the maximum power out of each thrust of your foot off the floor.
This will not get you the most power. When running, the most power is put down on the ground when you push off right before your foot comes off the ground. This would be with your tip toes providing the grip. The reason for this is the best leg angle to thrust forward verses the best foot angle. To better understand this, put your foot flat on the ground, now move your foot/leg back until your heel lifts off the ground. From that angle, do you think you can move forward easily?

Quote:
Typical Cleats (soccer, golf, whatever): Inline 6.
Your Choice (in my case the KSO Soled Series): Twin Supercharged Inline 6.
Bad metaphor. Tires would be a much better comparison.

Quote:
Hereís another thought: you know when you slide on your side? how do you get up? Have you ever tried using your foot? Have you remembered what happens afterwards? Thatís why many players tend to plan at what point they start sliding before the start playing, so that they donít go too far outwards. I know, so when I started using the FiveFingers, I noticed I kept coming up short, and when I pop up, I tend to be too far behind or right next to my bunker now. Itís a funny coincidence, but at least I never over slide. Which helps if you play wire or tape as oversliding can lead to you going out of bounds and being knocked out of the match before you have time to roll your gun at a potential victim to your awesomeness.
Huh? I don't know exactly what he is trying to say, but here is what I get out of it: when he slide into a bunker, he is either stopping short, or not sliding far enough.

If he is stopping short, that is just poor technique. Don't know what that has to do with shoes...

If he is not sliding far enough, which he says is related to these shoes, that means he is not go as fast into the slide as he was when he was wearing cleats, meaning these shoes aren't getting him the same speed.

Now onto the one thing I personally would fear by wearing them: no toe protection. How many times have you kicked a bunker tie down? Now kick it with your almost bare toes! Or a root. Or a rock.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 PM #18
h0ya5axa

Quote:
Now onto the one thing I personally would fear by wearing them: no toe protection. How many times have you kicked a bunker tie down? Now kick it with your almost bare toes! Or a root. Or a rock.
Just a quick note, not that I advocate playing in FiveFingers (in fact, I DON'T unless you train in them for several weeks prior to your first game), but in the newer and heavier FiveFingers, toe protection is less of an issue. I have nailed a rock pretty damn hard with no real problems. I definitely knew I kicked the rock, but I wasn't hurt.

As far as switching to the FiveFingers or any other barefoot shoe, PLEASE train first guys. That doesn't mean walking around the store in them. You need to take walks in them, lift weights in them, and practice your balance in them before you even jog.

People will say "oh thats BS, I got mine and was running 3 miles in the first day" etc etc. Possible? Of course. Hugely risky to underdeveloped muscles? YES.

Also, don't forget that you need to alter your running gait in barefoot shoes. No more heel-toe movement! Land on your forefoot!
h0ya5axa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 PM #19
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ya5axa View Post
Just a quick note, not that I advocate playing in FiveFingers (in fact, I DON'T unless you train in them for several weeks prior to your first game), but in the newer and heavier FiveFingers, toe protection is less of an issue. I have nailed a rock pretty damn hard with no real problems. I definitely knew I kicked the rock, but I wasn't hurt.

As far as switching to the FiveFingers or any other barefoot shoe, PLEASE train first guys. That doesn't mean walking around the store in them. You need to take walks in them, lift weights in them, and practice your balance in them before you even jog.

People will say "oh thats BS, I got mine and was running 3 miles in the first day" etc etc. Possible? Of course. Hugely risky to underdeveloped muscles? YES.

Also, don't forget that you need to alter your running gait in barefoot shoes. No more heel-toe movement! Land on your forefoot!

i mam getting such mixed opinions on the shoes lol. i kinda wanna try them but so many people tell me they are dangerous?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 10-05-2011, 04:57 PM #20
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

I would wear them for training. Barefoot running has been proven to be substantially better than running in normal shoes.

As for paintball I would stick to cleats. They are tried and proven to work very well and I just dont see the benefits of Vibrams being such that they would warrant a change.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:21 PM #21
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
i have 3 pair the komodo sport, kso trek and the bakila. i wear my komodo sport for paintball a lot as of late.. mainly on the speed ball field. they are ultra comfortable and provide great traction. it does kinda suck getting shot in the foot but how often does that happen. the bakila are my every day shoes i wear them almost every single day. the kso trek is what i wear on a colder day
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote