how do you order parts to canada?

you cant use agressive sports,

any one have any ideas?
kStalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM #2
mgeringer

According to the tech thread at the top, Aggressive Sports is the part supplier for canada.
mgeringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 PM #3
kStalk

kStalk is for the Gunfight
it wont ship to a canadian postal code...

edit:never mind i had to make an acc my bad.

Last edited by kStalk : 06-08-2011 at 09:33 PM.
kStalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 PM #4
paint4

Did you guys order your Demons from Aggressive Sports in the US. I am thinking about the Demon. But I am concerned no dealers in Canada. What have you guys done? Also did you get dinged big on duty for everything. tx
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:42 PM #5
jmarcotte
Montreal's Legend

jmarcotte plays in the PSP
jmarcotte plays in the APPA D5 division
Wandering same thing. I was looking for maybe a trade for my g6r. but worse case sell g6r and buy a demon
jmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM #6
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Im unsure of taxes to Canada ( duity fees) from here.
If you call customer service she may be able to find out what fees are for you guys.
Or email her
Customerservice@Vanguardus.com

Eric
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM #7
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

Also ive personaly delt with this and paying the duity fees from US to canada and if buying inside Canada the prices you would buy their will equal the same if bought from us after all fees are said and done.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 PM #8
paint4

okay thank you.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
There is no duty on items you buy from the US. You DO have to pay your HST(which you have to pay in canada anyway). That being said, if you ship anything by courier, they usually charge you a brokerage fee....sometimes up to 20%. That's where the rip off part happens. To avoid this, select USPS shipping. Avoid UPS or Fedex and you should be fine.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals, spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:05 AM #10
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
There is no duty on items you buy from the US. You DO have to pay your HST(which you have to pay in canada anyway). That being said, if you ship anything by courier, they usually charge you a brokerage fee....sometimes up to 20%. That's where the rip off part happens. To avoid this, select USPS shipping. Avoid UPS or Fedex and you should be fine.
Let me clarify this some a bit.

Duty is about 5-8$ max from using USPS and Canada Post, they have a maximum when shipping between each other, just about everything is a duty, its the shipping and handling that is charged when switching at the boarder. (hence when you stay a period of time in the states theres a claim amount you can have based how long you stayed in the states for that you dont have to pay duty or tax on)

As for shipping with like Fedex or UPS, they charge you a brokerage up to what ever % they feel like, i have had a leather jacket come in with a 130% "brokerage" their reasoning is "we paid your taxes for you and now your paying us back, at a premium." To avoid this, you call up UPS /Fedex or who ever they shipped with, get the tracking number, have the numbers ready and your credit card ready when you call the customs at the port of entry where it should be arriving, Then you can pay the taxes before courier and they CANNOT by law charge you a brokerage fee. Duty? yes, brokerage No.

It's good to know this, in case you do have a overseas shipment coming to you and fedex/ups always manages to snag it, or you find out later it was shipped UPS/Fedex and you dont want to send it back for them to ship it right. It took me a while to figure this out and how to avoid it. Theres a huge explanation on google with a step by step too.

"There is no duty on items you buy from the US"

This is not true, let me clarify it a bit more too, Duty is only Exempt when you exported it and imported it back, like warranty, or if the item was MADE in Canada first, then shipped to the states and sold in the states and shipped to Canada. Then duty is free. Or like i said above, when you spend time down in the states and your importing it into Canada.

If you live down near a boarder, like a lot of people do, theres shipping addresses and companies who's entire business is Canadians coming across the boarder and picking up their parcels, at a fee depending on the size and how long. Typically i ship to a family friends if im not in a hurry to have it, I'll go down once a month or 2 months, visit, shop, and come back with my goodies in hand no hassle.

I get a lot of my gear from the states, and have probably saved a few thousand dollars doing so, there being a very slim item selection, and typically 6 months behind what the states gets. I still prefer the states over ordering in Canada due to the prices/time they get it. Some items i have bought in Canada like speed feeds. But when a new ninja tank is 200-240$ it's really hard to justify that extra 90$ over 20$ in shipping.

Last edited by Shortbuscrew : 09-17-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:23 PM #11
MstrKey

I've never been charged anything on any parcels crossing the border. IF it's under 50 dollars they don't charge you, because it's not worth it. That's an unwritten rule, just a common sense thing. If it's over 50, they charge you PST and GST(or hst depending on your province). The duty slot has always said N/A because we have a free trade agreement. Doesnt' matter where the idem comes from, if it's a purchase you pay taxes on it.

Now you are granted a higher limit if you spent time in the US but it's not really a duty issue. Just taxes. There are some things like logs and stuff that haven't ever been ratified in free trade agreements that you may get stung on, but paintball gear, it's tax or tax and brokerage fees if you ship it. Even USPS will charge you tax over 50 bucks but you have to pay tax on anything you buy in canada anyway so that's really a null point. I buy TONS of stuff in the US all the time.

Also remember, the free trade agreement covers the US ONLY. Anywhere else you're going to pay duty. There is a website that lists other foreign countries somewhere.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:47 PM #12
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
NAFTA really doesnt do much for us in Canada, US and Mexico. Here are some links.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/tra...e_trade/nafta/

http://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreemen...icanFreeTA.asp

Duties (Tariff Elimination) and Fees
Goods brought into Canada, Mexico and the United States are subject to customs duties and taxes. Each country has its own rate of duties. The amount of duties charged is based on the harmonized tariff system classification number of the good, value and origin.

A customs user fee is an amount of money charged for processing goods through customs. NAFTA allows the Parties to maintain existing merchandise processing fees, however, no Party may adopt customs user fees for originating goods.

Repairs and Alterations
Under NAFTA, Canada, Mexico and the United States does not assess customs duties on goods that are imported/exported within the NAFTA territories for repairs or alterations regardless of origin.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 PM #13
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

As long as Repairs, Warranty or alterations is CLEARLY marker on the package.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:40 PM #14
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
As long as Repairs, Warranty or alterations is CLEARLY marker on the package.
Yup, unless you get some dimwit CBSA agent who did my gun after being serviced by you guys and nailed me with 76$ in taxes, and only got a portaion of it back after waiting 9 weeks when i asked for a refund and fought for it.. sigh.

Any chance of setting up a upgrades/tech parts at the same cost with paintballgear.ca? Just to help us fellow Canadians up north instead of dealing with the boarder?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:10 PM #15
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

I think Johno has one or not. Have him talk to kat if he needs a full kit.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:43 PM #16
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
Yup, unless you get some dimwit CBSA agent who did my gun after being serviced by you guys and nailed me with 76$ in taxes, and only got a portaion of it back after waiting 9 weeks when i asked for a refund and fought for it.. sigh.

Any chance of setting up a upgrades/tech parts at the same cost with paintballgear.ca? Just to help us fellow Canadians up north instead of dealing with the boarder?
Free trade only helped the wealthy basically lol. Yes you can get dumb customs people who screw up sometimes but you can always dispute it if you have the paperwork to do so. When you have warranty work coming back make sure there is paperwork in the box to prove that, otherwise they have no choice but to assume you purchased it.