PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2008, 12:49 PM #1
stupidmandan

has been a member for 10 years
Ayn Rand Essay Contests

This past year (11th Grade) we read the Fountainhead in our English class. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good book, nothing life-changing, but a good read nonetheless. Anyway, our teacher had us submit essays to the Ayn Rand Institute for the annual contest deal they have going on. I completely forgot about it until I got an email today saying I won $50. I didn't expect to win anything, hell, I didn't even think my essay was any good. It's a pleasant surprise and now I get an easy $50.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else entered the contest this year or past years and if you've won anything.
stupidmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM #2
element34575
b r o p

element34575 is playing at Living Legends III
element34575 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
element34575 supports Team VICIOUS
element34575 is for the Gunfight
I've heard Ayn Rand was a great author.... I plan on buy a couple if her books for the school year...
element34575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 AM #3
robinson01

Hi dear friend, The great writer Ayn Rand is one of my favorite writer. In her philosophy of Objectivism, Rand advocated reason as the only means of acquiring knowledge and rejected all forms of faith and religion. The essay about ayn rand is really interesting one. We know during Rand's lifetime, her work evoked both extreme praise and condemnation...
Thank you for sharing such an useful thread here...
Have a good day
robinson01 is offline   Reply With Quote