Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 PM #64
hardboy1864

You mean like this!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM #65
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
haha and i beleive this is the First year they werent in order btw or maybe the second. I know we used to double check that every year lol

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 PM #66
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
D-Day

D-Day doesn't allow us to use mortars, nor do I think
they ever will for the following reasons.

For starters mortars, even the most basic ones, need
people who've been trained to employ them and I
honestly don't see anyone taking the time it would
take to become a 11C (mortarman). Then there's the
issue of the weight restrictions the insurance people
put on rounds. Sure, you can always use Nerfs but if
you did that you'd also need a staff of judges in the
impact zone to determine who was eliminated and
who wasn't. Can you picture yourself in a game obaying
a judge who says you're out, especially when there's
no paint on you? Finally much of the over 800 acres
which make up the D-Day field is covered by a forest
of mature oak trees, making it nearly impossible for a
real round, let alone a foam Nerf round to penetrate.

I'd also like to clarify the rules regards to how we have
to go about taking out a 'heavy weapon.' HWeapons can
only be knocked out by someone who scores a hit on its
designated 'kill point' with a AT weapon. To make it even
harder to knock out a HW, both sides have agreed to a
limit on how many AT weapons can be fielded, as well
as on how many special AT rounds each AT gunner can
carry for the entire game. Most of our Allied AT gunners
carry JUST their AT launcher. To insure they're available
when needed, we've also created a unique unit called
the 899th Blackcats TDB (Tank Destroyer Battaion).
The 899th is divided up into 'tank killer' teams. Each
team consists of between 4-5 players. One carries the
AT tube, another provides covering fire as needed and
the rest serve as 'tank clowns.' The Clowns try to distract
the tank's gunners long enough to let the AT gunner get
in close enough to score a kill. These teams hone their
killing skills on tanks and HW during a series of mini
scenarios which take place daily during the week leading
up to the final all day battle on Saturday, as well as
during the a series of 'field training' exercises. By
organizing things this way we hope to come close to
giving the teams a sense of what it must have been
like for bazooka teams during the war.

I see someone also noted something about limiting
the number of tanks and AT players who are in play
at any given point. We don't do that but they do set
limits on the total number of tanks and AT tubes each
side is allowed to field. In terms of tanks, I think
either side is allowed something like 20-30 tanks
and 2-3 planes. This past year I think we managed to
field a combined total of 15 planes and tanks. Ideally
we'd love to be able to max our limit, but given the cost
of fuel and the economy I doubt we'll see any time
soon.

Anyone have any more questions about how we do
or organize things at D-Day can always write or call
me.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com

Last edited by dorsai : 09-28-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: edit text
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:24 PM #67
CNCRouterman

Jrob33,
Ok, as I thought, much ado about nothing, arguing the wrong premise.
As for your displeasure about not being able to field your AT weapon because of an over abundance of AT compared to Tanks. Valid concern.

I suggest a registration feature. Seems to me that most tankers Pre-Register for their chosen scenario games, so the game-coordinators/hosts usually have a pretty good feel for how many tanks will show up. Perhaps a similar case can be implemented for AT teams/ players. The scenario producers or field owners specify how many tanks are expected, and the intended AT to Tank ratio they plan on allowing. AT players indicate on their registrations their intent/interest and the field posts current numbers. If more AT show up than can be on the field, then the Generals or other designated authority rotates the AT guys through.

Another consideration is like that by Mr. Dorsai suggests, and that is AT players have to have an AT card. All other Nerf launchers would not be able to engage the Tanks, but could still attack bunkers or other allowed targets.

To date, every scenario game I have played has had more of our team members than we had crew spots, so every game we take turns crewing, changing out several times during the day. Some games I was a grunt more than a tanker but still had a blast.

TWA 2341: "Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"
CNCRouterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:10 PM #68
Jrob33

like I said ive been to fileds where I was told that all the "AT Slots" were full, I wasnt happy but it didnt effect my fun all that mauch. Now if a field is limiting the number of tanks then a limit on AT actually makes sense, I have yet to go to a filed that turned ANY tanks away regardless of how many they had, and I honestly didnt think anybody did.

Again I took offense to the tone of the Op as much as the content..All the "Every Noob with a nerf launcher" stuff goes right along with "every Noob with an electro marker", etc and its never used in a flattering light. attitudes like that are why I no longer play "speedball" and stick to "woodsball", guess I have to accept that you will have some of that in every aspect of our sport. but I dont have to like it. blanket/dissrespectful statements like those will always get my blood up

And for the record I know many people (myself included) who take the AT role to heart and spend a fair amount of time trying to practice and strategize to kill tanks, and I know the guys who play At at D day (OK) do.

why does it matter if they are new to paintball?
Jrob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM #69
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Perhaps we can solve the number of tanks vs the number of AT's like the game director at Fulda Gap has. The AT to tank ratio at this game is always 2/1. Based on how many tanks show up for each side determines how many launcher cards each General gets from the director. So each person that wants to run AT must go to a General to get a launcher card. Not to mention each launcher introduced into the game must be inspected. Once the cards run out then there are no more launchers allowed in the game. In this game all kills are recorded by whom got killed and who killed them. THis way we all know who shot us. Of course there is always some butthead who rogues the field without a card and shoots at tanks and bunkers. To prevent that and get confirmed kills when an AT kills a tank he has 2 minutes to come to the tank and get a kill card punched by the tank commander. If know ones shows after these two minutes the tank is alive again. Just so happens the AT player with the most kills at the end of this game gets a very nice prize. I am not sure if the tanker with the most tank kills gets anything.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Armor
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM #70
phillylovin1994

Off Topic, if any team either side would like to get something together for Fulda or OK D-day, let me know im trying to go
A WHOLE NEW ANGLE(;
phillylovin1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 PM #71
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
Perhaps we can solve the number of tanks vs the number of AT's like the game director at Fulda Gap has. The AT to tank ratio at this game is always 2/1. Based on how many tanks show up for each side determines how many launcher cards each General gets from the director. So each person that wants to run AT must go to a General to get a launcher card. Not to mention each launcher introduced into the game must be inspected. Once the cards run out then there are no more launchers allowed in the game. In this game all kills are recorded by whom got killed and who killed them. THis way we all know who shot us. Of course there is always some butthead who rogues the field without a card and shoots at tanks and bunkers. To prevent that and get confirmed kills when an AT kills a tank he has 2 minutes to come to the tank and get a kill card punched by the tank commander. If know ones shows after these two minutes the tank is alive again. Just so happens the AT player with the most kills at the end of this game gets a very nice prize. I am not sure if the tanker with the most tank kills gets anything.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Armor
the assigned roles thing is great.but to have the anti tank or the tank guy have to go over to the tank he shot through enemy lines would be absolutley idiotic. At skirmish there would be 500 people shooting the $%^& out of you,250 of them would be your own guys. A ref should be the one to make the call.that's what they are for. The at guy could have a special card and wear it on his neck on a lanyard or something.

plus getting out of the tank to get your card punched for a kill sucks cause it stops the action. Picture you nail a tank , get oout to get your card punched.you get to enemy lines after being shot 400 times. You get the card punched. just then another enemy tank roles up. you hop in your tank he nerfs you and you are done.

Or someone else nerfs the 2nd tank cause you are out D#$%ing around getting your card punched.

what if you make a 90 or 100 yard shot? you have to walk 2 football fields under fire to punch a card.
I don't like the card punch method at all

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 09-30-2011 at 02:17 PM.
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:38 PM #72
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillylovin1994 View Post
Off Topic, if any team either side would like to get something together for Fulda or OK D-day, let me know im trying to go
We are looking to shoot up some anti tank guys. If you want in let me know lol

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 PM #73
phillylovin1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
We are looking to shoot up some anti tank guys. If you want in let me know lol
(;
A WHOLE NEW ANGLE(;
Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 AM #74
bgr3118
SOV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
the assigned roles thing is great.but to have the anti tank or the tank guy have to go over to the tank he shot through enemy lines would be absolutley idiotic. At skirmish there would be 500 people shooting the $%^& out of you,250 of them would be your own guys. A ref should be the one to make the call.that's what they are for. The at guy could have a special card and wear it on his neck on a lanyard or something.

plus getting out of the tank to get your card punched for a kill sucks cause it stops the action. Picture you nail a tank , get oout to get your card punched.you get to enemy lines after being shot 400 times. You get the card punched. just then another enemy tank roles up. you hop in your tank he nerfs you and you are done.

Or someone else nerfs the 2nd tank cause you are out D#$%ing around getting your card punched.

what if you make a 90 or 1200 yard shot? you have to walk 2 football fields under fire to punch a card.
I don't like the card punch method at all
I dont think its Idiotic... I did it to Cro Mag At ION just to Rub it in a little lol. Yea it hurt a bit but oh well lol

Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 AM #75
CNCRouterman

I'm a guessing that Jrob33 and BlackAngleSS have the same attitude, and happened to cross paths at just the wrong moment. I've been trading posts with SS for almost 2 years now, and he seems like a pretty stand up player, so I would have no hesitation to trust his integrity in a game as either friend or foe. Haven't had that pleasure yet, but hope to soon. My ventures to the East Coast are limited, and SS doesn't frequent the upper Midwest much.

I am with BlackAngleSS on the card-punch being a bad idea. If all the refs are radio equipped, it seems like recording which tanks gets eliminated should be pretty easy? As for who did the shooting, not so sure how to address that. For Tank on Tank, each tank having a radio would be an option.

Radio traffic:
German tanker...........
This is Panzer Farfignewton calling a shot, engaging Allied Tank "Orange Mohawk". Panzer claims a kill on Orange Mohawk.

Allied tanker.......
This is Orange Mohawk acknowledging being eliminated by enemy tank. Ref says we're dead, returning to dead box.

End traffic.

I would separate the frequencies, and it would be good to have some logical method of identifiing op-for assets a little more distinctly than "I just killed a tank". Some, well, really, more like MOST tanks out there are unique enough that they can be identified, but that game with two well mocked up Shermans obviously would be tougher without some additional markings. I picked "Orange Mohawk" because that's a tank I have gone up against, and there is no mistaking the rig. I think it belongs to Sweettooth (?).

So, my opinion is that the card punch is a sever handicap to the flow of battle, and will cause more disruptions than it's worth. I do, however, agree that a method of accounting for eliminations, particularly as they may have points attached to them, is important, and should have a second method besides the honor code to reconcile.

I also suggest that having radio equipped refs and or tanks provides a good avenue worth exploring for claiming and confirming tank kills. Yeah, it may mean either the event or the crew have to fork over another $50 or $100 for a suitable radio. Since the fields choose thier own prefered radios for the refs, it would make sense for them to provide them, with a suitable deposit as collateral. Maybe a $10 or so "rental" if the crew doesn't have a compatible radio, wouldn't take long to recoup the radio cost that way... and crews that frequent the same field regularly can choose to buy that model outright if they wish.

TWA 2341: "Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"
CNCRouterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM #76
bgr3118
SOV

I know at Skirmish we all had radios( the tank refs) and when i Helped with the Tank Judging at USANA all the tanks had radios to get ahold of Central Command. Some of the Tanks there provided and Extra radio for their Tank ref but that is the only experience i have had with that. It wokrde pretty well but i dont know how it would work at larger games

Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM #77
phillylovin1994

Alright this is my idea if people would like to stop with the multiple hits, it could work then it could not. This is saying that only a limited amount of launchers can go on the feild at a time, this is to avoid wasting rockets have a radio on each AT team to the ref, to tell him where the shots coming in from. This could work. At ion we had to run up to the ref and tell him to look in a vertin direction so he or she could see the hit
A WHOLE NEW ANGLE(;
Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 PM #78
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgr3118 View Post
I dont think its Idiotic... I did it to Cro Mag At ION just to Rub it in a little lol. Yea it hurt a bit but oh well lol
ok put aside the pain of getting shot up factor for now.

Stopping your tank,getting out, walking 2oo yards to get your card punched through enemy lines is basically a time out for the tank. There are no time outs for paint checks or anything else so the punch your card thing is a pain in the @$$. Some like it,that is fine. I dont. In the middle of a firefight i dont want to have to get out and walk over to the tank i shot to get a card punched.let the ref call it out and adios go reinsert

Also sometimes we camo up our tank real nice and the other tank cant even see where they got shot from. why would i want to get out and give away my position

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 09-30-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:26 PM #79
Tysl2417

I went to ION for the first time this past summer. I came across alot of tanks and nobody had grenades or launchers so I bought a launcher. If skirmish were to limit launchers I think they should have the rules of that if you shoot a bunker with a nerf rocket it kills people around it, same concept with buildings etc.
Tysl2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:56 PM #80
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
I applaud your thoughts, but unless there's a field judge standing right there to witness what happened, who will determine who was or wasn't close enough to have been
eliminated?

In the heat of battle and that's what something like this
is, there'll never be enough judges to keep even the honest players honest.
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 PM #81
phillylovin1994

Well I hope my concept could work, its a good idea
A WHOLE NEW ANGLE(;
Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 PM #82
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

BlackangelSS - At Fulda when one tanker takes out another the tanker doesnt have to leave his tank to claim his kill. They are recorded. We carry a clipboard in the tank and write down the number of the tank and time in which is was taken out. Then move on. I do somewhat agree with you that when an AT person claims a kill they are considered not killable at that point. But you right a AT guy running towards a tank he just killed could be open for some paintball hits anyway. Perhaps the procedure for AT guys should be the same as tanks. I will discuss this with the game director and other tankers when I go to the game.

Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:48 AM #83
hardboy1864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
BlackangelSS - At Fulda when one tanker takes out another the tanker doesnt have to leave his tank to claim his kill. They are recorded. We carry a clipboard in the tank and write down the number of the tank and time in which is was taken out. Then move on. I do somewhat agree with you that when an AT person claims a kill they are considered not killable at that point. But you right a AT guy running towards a tank he just killed could be open for some paintball hits anyway. Perhaps the procedure for AT guys should be the same as tanks. I will discuss this with the game director and other tankers when I go to the game.

Treaddz
I claimed a AT kill once with Cromag at ION last year. We ran up to him and informed him. I was very exited to say the least. Cant say i would do that again.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:32 PM #84
Abnmp78

I'm amazed that generals don't put more effort to keep tanks on the field. If one AT guy with support shut down the reinsertion area it wouldn't be because of the rules it would be because of the general not retaking the area.
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote