Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM #22
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptedKing View Post
Sorry, should of been more clear.

The reason I asked this is because I've always believed that whey protein is the best protein supplement because of how fast it digests. I read that mixing it with milk will make it digest much slower, therefore eliminating the purpose. It seems like articles go back and forth on which is actually true.
Your worrying too much about the post workout anabolic window. Dont. Its more than a couple hours. Hit your macros daily and dont listen to broscience.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM #23
Pelto
It's on like donkey kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Your worrying too much about the post workout anabolic window. Dont. Its more than a couple hours. Hit your macros daily and dont listen to broscience.

[IMG]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/21/638c0fc3-9a34-4739-a352-249c008a0c07.jpg[MG]
That is **** advice.

It is not broscience or do I need to bring articles up by PHD in nutrition Layne Norton.

Could never imagine anyone foolish enough to just continue fasting for an extended period after lifting.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:22 PM #24
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

When the **** did I say "fast after you train." I didnt. Read **** through before you jump on it. I stated that the anabolic window stays open longer than most people think. Running straight home for a shake and a meal isnt necessary.

Christ your annoying
Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 PM #25
FHS JewFro
black AND white

here. we. go.

let it go pelt, pleaaaaase? you have nothing to prove to anyone here, we all know who you are and what have you have done in a short time

give him the link or whatever and lets keep the peace
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 PM #26
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

It is starting to get rather annoying

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM #27
Pelto
It's on like donkey kong

Quote:
When the **** did I say "fast after you train." I didnt. Read **** through before you jump on it. I stated that the anabolic window stays open longer than most people think. Running straight home for a shake and a meal isnt necessary.

Christ your annoying
I see you throwing words like a "couple of hours" and that frankly scares me

You should be having a shake near the end of your workout or post workout and then a meal of low GI carbs + protein 30 min - 60 min after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
It is starting to get rather annoying
Yes.

Damn pelto always trying to correct incorrect people. I should just let you guys stay small but for the most part (ie you - actually you're pretty much the poster child here) you guys do a pretty damn good job of looking like **** no matter how much useful **** I post.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM #28
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

You can do it calmly, and not rage over every thing.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM #29
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pelt, I may wind up in Columbus this weekend. If I do, we should grab something to eat or some ****.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 PM #30
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto View Post

Yes.

Damn pelto always trying to correct incorrect people. I should just let you guys stay small but for the most part (ie you - actually you're pretty much the poster child here) you guys do a pretty damn good job of looking like **** no matter how much useful **** I post.
Then go on with your life. People being wrong on the internet isn't the worst thing in the world.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM #31
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto View Post
I see you throwing words like a "couple of hours" and that frankly scares me

You should be having a shake near the end of your workout or post workout and then a meal of low GI carbs + protein 30 min - 60 min after that.

Yes.

Yea, a couple of hours is perfectly fine. Immediate post workout shake/meal is not necessary at all. My point was people think they have to run home, immediately have their shake or they arent going to build muscle. When thats not the case at all. The "anabolic window" isnt a peephole, if anything its a mansions bay window. We're lifting, not running the iron man marathon. The only way to say immediate protein/carb uptake would be 100% necessary is if you deplete your glycogen stores. But that just doesnt happen with our activity, sorry bud.

You can post Layne, I can post Alan and we can go back and forth. There is no 100% solid proof that immediate post workout nutrition is absolutely necessary. And there is none disproving it either. But I do agree that post workout nutrition is important, whether immediate or a couple hours after.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:13 PM #32
dis yah boi j-dub
he held it down, less go

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Then go on with your life. People being wrong on the internet isn't the worst thing in the world.
If people are wrong on the internet they tend to be wrong in real life as well. Never understood why people use the "it's the internet" bull****. If someone believes something online what makes you think that they feel differently in reality? Not everyone is J-dub.

P.S. I can only see the negative in waiting... no point in not rushing, I rush every meal I can because at the end of the day the sooner I eat, the sooner I can eat again. Why wait 30 minutes extra when that will postpone your meals for the rest of the day? Makes no sense. Regardless of the anabolic window I find it beyond beneficial to eat your meals right when you can instead of waiting when attempting to make gains.

Quote:
Yea, a couple of hours is perfectly fine. Immediate post workout shake/meal is not necessary at all. My point was people think they have to run home, immediately have their shake or they arent going to build muscle. When thats not the case at all. The "anabolic window" isnt a peephole, if anything its a mansions bay window. We're lifting, not running the iron man marathon. The only way to say immediate protein/carb uptake would be 100% necessary is if you deplete your glycogen stores. But that just doesnt happen with our activity, sorry bud.

You can post Layne, I can post Alan and we can go back and forth. There is no 100% solid proof that immediate post workout nutrition is absolutely necessary. And there is none disproving it either. But I do agree that post workout nutrition is important, whether immediate or a couple hours after.
Or you can have your post-WO shake as fast as you can so that you are hungry for your post-WO meal sooner. I get home, pound my shake, take my BCAA, pound a glass of milk and have a 12 oz chicken breast + potatoes ready within an hour or so. If I did not rush home, I would be having my meal a good 1:30 after at least. What benefits come from that?

ST:F "how can I get abs and da V"

Last edited by dis yah boi j-dub : 09-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM #33
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Thats personal though. Cause I can go home have a shake or two, pound 14oz beef, 10oz rice, green beans and dessert no problem, sometimes still be hungry. Most of the time I prepare everything 2 days ahead, usually its gym, little farm work(feeding/moving manure/little ****), shake and meal.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 PM #34
dis yah boi j-dub
he held it down, less go

Quote:
Thats personal though. Cause I can go home have a shake or two, pound 14oz beef, 10oz rice, green beans and dessert no problem, sometimes still be hungry. Most of the time I prepare everything 2 days ahead, usually its gym, little farm work(feeding/moving manure/little ****), shake and meal.
Well all the power to you man, I would die for that. Seriously, the only thing holding me back would be my inability to eat another meal/larger portions. I know there are fat burners/things that speed up metabolisms, but do they make anything that slows it down? (srs, just curious) I put in so much effort when it comes to eating, I literally eat until I gag.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM #35
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I took 2 fenugreek, a pill with 800mg phellodendron extract (NP yellow gold) with a whey isolate + creatine shake post lifting (I do carbless post workout nutrition while I fix the pwo MEAL), I was incredibly hungry. Certainly the research supports the idea of the combination of those things helping lower blood sugar...I'm gonna keep doing it and report back, but it certainly seems worth mentioning.

Could have just been the 315x20 squat set though.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 PM #36
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Eating less puts the brakes on your metabolism, but you dont want that so maybe up your fat intake a little, sleeping more(oversleeping), but sleep deprivation can slow it also, avoid any stims/caffeine. Im up about 17 pounds in 2 months, I eat like crazy throughout the day, clean. I go through about 4lbs of 80/20 a week by myself. Another 3-4lbs of chicken, same with turkey, 2-3 boxes of boil rice, 2 boxes of oatmeal, carton and a half of eggs. Ive been mixing in 2 eggs with each pound of meat lately. I was trying to gain prior to that but it wasnt happening, sit down, write out a log, stick to it. Meal plans help alot too.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:40 PM #37
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Eating less puts the brakes on your metabolism, but you dont want that so maybe up your fat intake a little, sleeping more(oversleeping), but sleep deprivation can slow it also, avoid any stims/caffeine. Im up about 17 pounds in 2 months, I eat like crazy throughout the day, clean. I go through about 4lbs of 80/20 a week by myself. Another 3-4lbs of chicken, same with turkey, 2-3 boxes of boil rice, 2 boxes of oatmeal, carton and a half of eggs. Ive been mixing in 2 eggs with each pound of meat lately. I was trying to gain prior to that but it wasnt happening, sit down, write out a log, stick to it. Meal plans help alot too.
Not trying to start a flame war but 17 pounds in two months is an absurd number. Disregard if you already know the majority of that can't be lbm.

There's a bodyfat window where you really can't notice a change, just pointing out that you should be monitoring body fat because 2.125 pounds a week is a LOT.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM #38
dis yah boi j-dub
he held it down, less go

Quote:
I am constantly eating throughout the day, I eat the second I wake up and 45 minutes before bed.

I sleep 8-10 hours per night, never below 8 no matter what.

I began using caffeine for the first time yesterday and will continue as Pelto has advised me to pre-WO because I wanted more energy.

I eat clean (not that it really matters, I should prolly start eating a bit "dirtier" tbh)/eat the same foods daily.

Log needs to be done though. Good snack suggestions fats?

Last edited by dis yah boi j-dub : 09-27-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:03 PM #39
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

I know, but Im not necessarily looking to get cut, no homo lurkers size is awesome. Hence when I started gaining I posted ridiculous bulk is in order. And its goin down.

Jdub-More meat, omega 3's from nuts/fish. Bulk a little dirty if you have too. Just dont over do it.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM #40
Dake
The Glitch Mob

Dake is playing at Living Legends III
$200 for supplements. Leucine, creatine, protein, Xtend, and StimPak mats are covered. Besides glycerol, what buy?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM #41
dis yah boi j-dub
he held it down, less go

Quote:
I know, but Im not necessarily looking to get cut, no homo lurkers size is awesome. Hence when I started gaining I posted ridiculous bulk is in order. And its goin down.

Jdub-More meat, omega 3's from nuts/fish. Bulk a little dirty if you have too. Just dont over do it.
Already at 1.5lbs of 90/10 per day mang + 3 hot dogs. I am allergic to nuts. I take 6 omega 3s per day. I can add in a snack of cod in per day? I feel I should be upping the carbs/fats more though. I easily get my protein in.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM #42
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Dat dere beta alanine, vegan brah
Closed Thread