PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2011, 04:41 PM #22
WayOutThere

has been a member for 10 years
WayOutThere is playing at Living Legends V
No that everyone has said their stuff, I have some to add.

Refereeing I thought was by far the worst ever. So inconsistent, the chronos were not the same and refereeing was a little biased. That would be on both fields!

Not once did any ref check any ID cards to make sure we were playing for said team, let alone check the ID cards when we checked in.

There was NO tank check at all. Anyone could be using a expired tank.

On the other hand PEVS did an out standing job on having the field cleaned, and garbage picked up. Having a concession there was great, prices were good. The staff at PEVS were great very help full.

Trade show was lacking missed some booths that were there in previous NPPL's. But thats not the fault of the NPPL, or is it?

I am sure I have missed some, but that is what I saw.

MY 2 cents worth!
Certified Dye Tech

Last edited by WayOutThere : 09-26-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Reworded the phraze Refereeing was a little biased
WayOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2011, 04:55 PM #23
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOutThere View Post
So inconsistent, the chronos were not the same and biased. That would be on both fields!
not trying to start a fight, but how can a chrono be biased?
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:45 AM #24
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
Our chrono ref was very through. He check ALL our ID's at least once, was key on safety on the deadbox.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 AM #25
lostshot

You left out part of his comments in you quote. He said "refereeing was a little biased" not the crono.
My thoughts are that the refs have a difficult job. Unfortunately the head ref acting like a 14 year old and chatting up his friends on the local teams before, after and between games does not leave much to being impartial.
At no time on field 2 was my ID, roster or tank checked. At all other NPPL tournaments all items were checked.
Why were the Hawaiians the only team to have their guns checked for bps? I know there were other guns that were uncapped but they were never checked.
The crono ref on field one always does a great job at ensuring safety and IDs. He is commended on his consistant hard work.
All tournaments have issues with reffing with good and bad points. Reffing is not an easy job but we need to ensure the reffing is consistent and impartial. Only by providing feedback will the refs be able to become better.
lostshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 AM #26
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostshot View Post
You left out part of his comments in you quote. He said "refereeing was a little biased" not the crono.
My thoughts are that the refs have a difficult job. Unfortunately the head ref acting like a 14 year old and chatting up his friends on the local teams before, after and between games does not leave much to being impartial.
At no time on field 2 was my ID, roster or tank checked. At all other NPPL tournaments all items were checked.
Why were the Hawaiians the only team to have their guns checked for bps? I know there were other guns that were uncapped but they were never checked.
The crono ref on field one always does a great job at ensuring safety and IDs. He is commended on his consistant hard work.
All tournaments have issues with reffing with good and bad points. Reffing is not an easy job but we need to ensure the reffing is consistent and impartial. Only by providing feedback will the refs be able to become better.
notice he edited his comment?
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote