PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM #1
Dangerousboyg3
"TYPHER"

Dangerousboyg3 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dangerousboyg3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How do I get ready for my first national tournament?

It's my first event (NPPL in November). I have a lot of questions.
-what do I do with my tank when I travel?
-how much money do I need total? (the tourney is in Vegas so plane tickets are cheap)
-when should I register?
-how many cases will my team need for a 7 man? (assuming we DON'T make it past prelims)
Mile High Saints Open #30
Ballin' in the 303!!!
Bob Long Victory
Dangerousboyg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 PM #2
richhunter13576

richhunter13576 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
richhunter13576 supports Team VICIOUS
richhunter13576 is for the Gunfight
When you take your tank. Unscrew the tank reg and you can take it with you. Hope this kind of helps
Old 08-02-2011, 11:20 PM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
1: Take your reg off of your tank so that TSA can look inside. Make sure you put all of your gear into your checked luggage and let them know that it is paintball equipment.

2: You will need to budget for the entry, paint, ID card, hotels, food, flight, and car money. If you stay at one of the event hotels, you will be within walking distance of the field. ID cards are 40 before the deadline, 60 after that. Entry is a set amount so split it between your players. Paint will vary on what you want to shoot and how much. I would contact NPPL about paint.

3: Register as soon as possible.

4: I would plan for 30 cases if you are doing 7 man to start.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 PM #4
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Outside of financial/logistics preparation, I'd strongly recommend playing as many good teams as you can before the event. Even if they flat out mop the floor with your team, keep doing it as much as you can. It may be frustrating but it will be a very fast way to find out what your team is doing wrong and what works.
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM #5
Bunk3rKing
Shens!

Annual Supporting Member
Bunk3rKing plays in the PSP
Bunk3rKing owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bunk3rKing is a top reviewer
Bunk3rKing is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by richhunter13576 View Post
When you take your tank. Unscrew the tank reg and you can take it with you. Hope this kind of helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
1: Take your reg off of your tank so that TSA can look inside. Make sure you put all of your gear into your checked luggage and let them know that it is paintball equipment.

2: You will need to budget for the entry, paint, ID card, hotels, food, flight, and car money. If you stay at one of the event hotels, you will be within walking distance of the field. ID cards are 40 before the deadline, 60 after that. Entry is a set amount so split it between your players. Paint will vary on what you want to shoot and how much. I would contact NPPL about paint.

3: Register as soon as possible.

4: I would plan for 30 cases if you are doing 7 man to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
Outside of financial/logistics preparation, I'd strongly recommend playing as many good teams as you can before the event. Even if they flat out mop the floor with your team, keep doing it as much as you can. It may be frustrating but it will be a very fast way to find out what your team is doing wrong and what works.
good advise

see if you can play with a buzzer as well as real game situations
Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 AM #6
garrettwichert
Infamously Anonymous

Dont know about the money or the paint but you could also make arrangements with your hotel and have your tank shipped there. That'd avoid taking your tank apart.
garrettwichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:40 PM #7
Facker10
FreeAgentContractKiller

I never had to take my tank apart, I just had to show it was empty. havnt had to fly to an event since 05 so maybe the rules changed. Also I got a letter (on the PSP website at the time) stating that the gear was paintball related and was needed for tournament play etc.

Have fun good luck and get it in ur head you will make it past prelims lol
Facker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:32 PM #8
Talon2129

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
DEFINITELY! Back when I was playing tournaments with the Palm Beach Vipers we would practice full days against as many pro teams as we could find, even when we were just starting out in D3. We would get destroyed, but learned so much.
Blue Snakeskin MT Force Fly
Black Cobra Mamba IR3
Talon2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:43 PM #9
Matrixripper
Original Gangsta

has been a member for 10 years
chug beer!

j/k remove reg if going on a plane, oil gun, bring tools, double check everything is in the bag. Bring extra things you have within reason. Print out field layout.
Matrixripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM #10
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facker10 View Post
I never had to take my tank apart, I just had to show it was empty. havnt had to fly to an event since 05 so maybe the rules changed. Also I got a letter (on the PSP website at the time) stating that the gear was paintball related and was needed for tournament play etc.

Have fun good luck and get it in ur head you will make it past prelims lol
It is now definitly part of the TSA and FAA regulations, if they find the tank in ur luggage that doesnt let the TSA agent look inside the tank (it will be x rayed and searched, so it will be found) they will take it out and it wont be in ur bag upon arrival, assuimng they didnt take ur whole bag. the only way to carry paintball equipment, is to have it checked(not carry on), tanks and guns whether assembled or not, WILL NOT be allowed onto an aircraft if in a carrry on, better yet, u wont even get passed TSA. like many have said, TSA must be able to LOOK INSIDE the tank, and itmust be checked. Let them know whats inside when u check ur bags, let a TSA agent inspect it. although u dont legally have to let them know its in there, its a good idea so u dont get ur **** confiscated. IMO if firearms must be declared to TSA, so should airtanks and paintball equipment, because although u dont plan on using it at the airport, the things associated with them (gun oil, compressed air, Co2) certainly can pose a serious threat to an aircraft in an exptreme situation. filled airtanks could ruture damaging the aircraft or people, especially if a rapid decompression occurs, and gun oil or lubes could be flamable.
plan ahead,
learn how to take ur tank apart and re assemble properly, or ship to ur hotel the day or two or three before with ur name and room # and dates of room occupancy on it.
properly package ur stuff so its protectedfrom damaged, yet still complies with TSA baggage regulations, it cannot be locked or prevent an agent from inspection, otherwise it will not arrive on time or possiobly be confiscated all toghether. make the high priority items (tanks, guns, barells) easily accesable, they will be the largest targets on the x ray scree, and they will definitly search to find exactly what they are if they feel it must be inspected. that way, if they do have to isnpect it, they dont mess up ur stuff, or take so long putting ur bag back toghether it misses its flight. (it happened to me) Good luck in Vegas!

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:41 PM #11
Blastman56
Wazzy

Blastman56 plays in the PSP
Blastman56 is playing at Living Legends III
Blastman56 supports Team VICIOUS
Blastman56 is for the Gunfight
Try not to throw up in the pits befor ethe 1st game because of nerves. Find a trash can or something.

Being serious, just kinda an ettiquite thing
Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 PM #12
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
You CAN lock your bag with your paintball gear in it for the flight and I recommend doing so. But make absolutely sure it is a TSA approved lock. TSA locks can be opened by any TSA agent with a special "master key" type thingum. That way you're protected against thieves but don't end up with cut locks or confiscated ****.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM #13
avery army
all day long

avery army posts videos on PbNation
avery army plays in the APPA beginner division
avery army has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
avery army has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bout a week before the tournament make a checklist of all the stuff you need paintball or not..... tripple check everything ...you dont want to get off a plane and relize you forgot something......as for paint get more than you need worst case you have paint for practice
Hebrews 12:11-13 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

Philippians 4:1313 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
avery army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 PM #14
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
or you could get less than you need then if you need more you can just get more....

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote