PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 PM #1
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

zombieland

Well Zombieland scenario games is over, and we all had a blast. Had a decent showing, but not of the audience that I had targeted. I only had a small handful of scenario players, and the rest were walk ons. This leads me to have a few questions... Why were there no scenario players there? If you could leave feedback as to why you think this happened it could be helpful for my next event.

Is it because it was a Zombie game?
Because it was raining?
Or maybe due to it being at Action Acres?

Any feedback should help me in future events thank you.

I do want to send a special thanks to Fuzzy, thank you for all your help!
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2011, 07:06 PM #2
dodge1942
Co-Owner BNS Paintball

Sorry to here you didn't have many teams out there. We were helping introduce almost 500 new players to the sport via a company outing at Warpaint this last weekend. Unfortunately it was scheduled on the same day as your event. Wish we could have made it, the game sounded like fun.

Special Thanks to Tri-Lambs sponsors: Warpaint International, Pinokio Hoppers
RENEGADES - Supergame 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 and Supergame 47!
dodge1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:13 AM #3
iniguez35
AFL

AFL was thinking about showing up but the rules seemed overly complex for a simple zombie game so we were not convinced it would be a fun game. More complex rules=more people forgetting rules in the heat of battle. Nothing against you we have just seen simpler games fall on their faces before so we are a bit more picky on the games we go too.
iniguez35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 AM #4
sethd924
OK Company

At OKC we aren't super into the out of this world type theme games. There is a promoter who used to do very well at this in the past, but the scene has changed and people just want to shoot each other minus a fictional/scifi story line.

I don't think OKC has had the pleasure of meeting Team HAM Co. so we should get together sometime for a game or two.

In the future, if you are out to put on a scenario event, reach out to the scenario teams you know of in the area and introduce yourself. I found that one goes a long way.

Cheers and good luck on the next.
sethd924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:57 AM #5
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
I have to agree with the complexity of the rules comments. In paintball the KISS priciple is paramount. Confusion leads to frutration, which usualy leds to confrontation. Been there done that.

The other issue is the last scenario I atteneded at AA was so porly attended that the ref had to play in order for there to be enough people to form teams. I swore I would never pay be in theat situation again, and it looks like I would have.

I feel there is a need for some simple, and inexpensive Scenario games. I know I want to attend more events like these and I am willing to drive to HDS in order to attend them. I would just as soon drive 45 mintues to an hour instead of 3.5 hours, but it is what it is.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM #6
Team HAM Co
Fear & Intimidation

One thing we tried to attack right off the bat was the price. I know that 80% of the players that came did so with a group and played for a $20 entry so I know that was not the issue.

I was curious if a out of world type of event would hinder us, and I am sure that it did. I was also worried that you would look at it as overly complicated... In the end the only real rule difference was an antidote paint, which worked quite well. And everyones favorite part of the scenario was the failed objectives following them through the game.

Assume Splat Action or Sniperz Den would be the place to have an event?

Are objective based games looked down upon? I know the one thing that bugs me in most scenarios is that there is nothing to do other then capture a flag, is that what you like? Do you just want a flag and a player with a different color arm band? Simple is easy for us.

All of your feed back is very appreciated so we can try to create an event you will all enjoy.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:23 AM #7
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Save the downed soldier
Attack and defend
Defend the convoy
Take the objective
Retrieve and return the package.
Capture and hold three (two, whatever) bases at the same time

All good mini games. If there is a story that surrounds them, then all the better. I like the imagination and work you put into it, and the developing story dependent on what was accomplished at each game.

Frankly location does not matter if I feel there will be players, and the price to quality ratio is there.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups