Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 AM #1
woodri47

woodri47 plays in the APPA D5 division
woodri47 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Humane Society!! Please Read

Hey all,

So let me know what yall think. I am trying to put together a charity event to support the Humane Society. My wife and myself are HUGE on saving dogs/ animals from being euthanized as well as just giving a good animal a good home. We as well are huge into paintball and understand that there is a decent market to make some kind of money, so we came up with an idea of hosting an event to raise money for the Humane Society. My plan is to try to get ahold of some big names I.E. Vendors and PRO players to put on like a clinic or something. I have some details worked out, but really im looking for alot of help and support to make this happen. Do I have anyone out there that can assist in this? Looking at around July of 2012 to kick this whole thing off, considering the fact that I will be home from this deployment and out of the Marine Corps by then.
woodri47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 AM #2
comom

I think that's a wonderful idea! I nees to ask, tho- what Humane Society? I'd personally stay away from the Humane Society of the Untied States (HSUS). They are in cahoots with PETA. This is just the most current article about them:
http://www.animalscam.com/

You might want to look into doing the fundraiser to support a local rescue or shelter.

I think there was a fundraiser like this out on Long Island a couple of years ago. I'll get a hold of someone who would know and direct them here.
comom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 AM #3
woodri47

roger, thank you very much. Yeah I was looking into the HSUS, but then as you suggested I think that if i stay local there will be more positive results brought from it. Thank you I am going to do it in Upstate NY.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:41 AM #4
comom

I like to support the local/smaller rescues, too. Most of the small rescues are run totally by volunteers- no paid employees like with a lot of the national non-profits (any non-profit, not just rescues).

I'm still waiting to hear from the person I mentioned. He's a member here, but has been kind of busy recently.

Where in upstate NY are you? I grew up in Ulster County.
comom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM #5
woodri47

well i am currently in Africa, but i grew up in VT... my family grew up there. I play in Plattsburgh though.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:35 AM #6
linkinghabit

that is really great, i would love to participate in this kind of event.should given the opportunity in our place...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM #7
woodri47

where are you from?