PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-21-2011, 02:03 PM #1
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Alternate solenoids?

Hey all. I was curious if there were any smaller solenoids that can be rigged up to work in a Promaster. I'd like to slap on a Logic Shocker frame I've had for a while, I just can't think of a way to make the noid fit without using a tray.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM #2
krupasjeans
happy day

forumreader rigged up his NDFSP with a Mac33 noid and described it in this ICDO thread. Although it's not a PM, The Pro series Freestyles were hosed similarly to the Promaster. Not sure about how the Mac noid would work voltage wise with the board you mentioned, but it's an idea. I think those Mac noids were going pretty cheap somewhere too.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM #3
maloneoni
The Ronin

As I recall Forumreader's write up, he said an ICD board would work with a MAC33 noid if you used a capacitor. He used a borg/droid board, didn't he?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM #4
63VDub

has been a member for 10 years
yeah, he used a droid board flashed with NOX. I don't know that a Cap would help with an ICD board, but it might.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 PM #5
krupasjeans
happy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
Not sure about how the Mac noid would work voltage wise with the board you mentioned, but it's an idea.
I misread your post and thought you were using a Shocker Logic board, and not an aftermarket trigger frame. (what can I say, I'm not a Shocker guy)
Ummm....You could try using a Mac 33 noid with a Nox Cyborg board, but from the picture fourmreader posted, it looked like that setup took up just as much space as the CRCB and ICD board in there previously.

Not sure if you want to or can, but instead of trying to find a replacement noid you could try using a dremel to create some excess space within the frame.

This almost seems like more of a question for owners of T1 and T2 frames of Bushmasters since those frames didn't have too much space to squeeze in a board, battery, harness and noid. Maybe they have some hints about squeezing things into tight spaces.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote