htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
Rebuilding my RC Hobby

Finally! I can pull my Nitro Sport off the shelf in the garage and start slapping new shiny parts on it! It has been a few months since I could pick my favorite hobby back up because construction in Las Vegas has come to a crawl. I plan on buying a bigger scale truck for more "desert" friendly crawling and general screwing around. But for right now, I've got my first love. I would like to start a list for things to work on and add to my Traxxas. Few things I would like to upgrade;

Height - From the body to the ground
Width - Wheel span
Weight - Lighter
Exhaust - Better sound, more power
Engine Response and Power - Quicker, Higher top end, Maybe even some front lifting. (New engine would have to be the last option.)
Better Radio system and servos - More distance, No crazy 'out-of-control' curb smashings

I would like to see some of your choices for each. Maybe even price references. Comparisons are welcome, I will probably end up doing that myself anyhow. Thanks guys, I might have some pictures up on Sunday. (08.09.09)

Updated, Got a picture sooner then expected.

http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"

Last edited by htownseanthomas : 08-09-2009 at 05:40 AM.
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 PM #2
Pball master
hmmm

Pball master owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pball master has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
new engine = picco
Pball master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:10 PM #3
wrecked

NEW ENGINE = OS18 TZ. have one in my tc3 geared as high as possible and it rippssss
wrecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:49 PM #4
chase4556
Please Excuse my spelling

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownseanthomas View Post
Finally! I can pull my Nitro Sport off the shelf in the garage and start slapping new shiny parts on it! It has been a few months since I could pick my favorite hobby back up because construction in Las Vegas has come to a crawl. I plan on buying a bigger scale truck for more "desert" friendly crawling and general screwing around. But for right now, I've got my first love. I would like to start a list for things to work on and add to my Traxxas. Few things I would like to upgrade;

Height - From the body to the ground
Width - Wheel span
Weight - Lighter
Exhaust - Better sound, more power
Engine Response and Power - Quicker, Higher top end, Maybe even some front lifting. (New engine would have to be the last option.)
Better Radio system and servos - More distance, No crazy 'out-of-control' curb smashings

I would like to see some of your choices for each. Maybe even price references. Comparisons are welcome, I will probably end up doing that myself anyhow. Thanks guys, I might have some pictures up on Sunday. (08.09.09)

Updated, Got a picture sooner then expected.
Height: cant really do it, nor will it give you any benefit. There is really no way to raise the body, and if you set the suspension to give you maximum height, the car will handle horridly.

Width: I think proline makes an offset hex, that will add some width to the car. Also, get rid of those slash tires, they are a narrow tire. Your will get more traction, and have a wider wheel base just by changing tires.

Weight: there are some chassis kits out there that will be "lighter" but a rustler is already a pretty bare truck. You cant do much to it. PLUS, other than RPM, the only upgrade parts out there are alluminum, which is heavier than plastic.

Exhaust: So many out there, first decide if your going to get a new motor or not, then look at exhaust. What works great with one engine, may not be the best setup on another.

Engine response: Change the stock carb to the OS10D carb. That will help a lot. Also, dont worry about that engine getting hot. The PRO .15 doesnt wake up until about 325 degrees or so. They run well hot. Also, try porting it. Its not that hard to make minor changes to the sleeve, and will make a dramatic difference in the performance of that motor. If you dont want to do that...change out motors. Any engine up to a .18 will drop right in, just pay attention to the crankshaft style.

Radio system: All systems will give you right at the same "distance". Dont get anything that is NOT 2.4ghz though. There is no real reason to upgrade now days without going to 2.4. What radio you choose is your preference, they all will work just as good as the next, some may have better programing and features though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pball master View Post
new engine = picco
I high reccomend many other engines over a picco. They make great power, when you can get them tuned. They are very very finicky engines. Even for the master tuner, they can be a pain. Plus, they are over priced for the most part.

A good, reliable engine. Just go with the good old OS .18cv-rx. Or, like the guy above me said, the .18tz for really good power.

10-2-2006: Live Water Hole in Africa
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 PM #5
wrecked

yes the 18 cv-r is a good engine but i have seen several crank bearings go bad with them
wrecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 PM #6
chase4556
Please Excuse my spelling

has been a member for 10 years
I dont know if the bearings in the cv-rx are any different than those in a tz.

10-2-2006: Live Water Hole in Africa
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:15 AM #7
maxman1180

thats a good engine
maxman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote