PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 PM #1
wetpaintmafia

Post Few Questions about XE

I read the FAQ and I didn't see much about this. Here it goes:

1. Will a body/grip kit for the ION work on the ION XE? I found a cheap used ION that I wanted the body colors from if it's posible.

2. Are the triggers between the two versions the same? Example, can I buy any ion trigger upgrade and fit it on my XE?

3. Does it make sense to use a SP Inline Max-Flo regulator on the ION XE? It came with the gun when I bought it and I was curious as to how the regulator on the XE will work in correlation to the Max-Flo regulator. Seems a bit redundant to me having 2 - any thoughts?

Cheers.
wetpaintmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 PM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
1. Body won't fit but the rest will.

2. Triggers are the same.

3. Stock reg IS a Max-Flo, it was just never labelled such, probably because SP never bothered to mill it beyond the ridge for keeping the reg sleeve on there.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 PM #3
wetpaintmafia

Thanks for the info. Can you clarify about the body not fitting. Are you talking about the aluminum housing with the handle/trigger area, or are you talking about the bolt area. I'm new, so bare with me! I'm trying to take a pink/black ion and take the colored parts off to use on my xe.

This is the regulator I was referring to. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3157312
That regulator is mounted to the gun, but the front handle grip is also a regulator so I was trying to figure out if it's ok to use both, or should I just replace the tank regulator with a different on/off or something?

Thanks and sorry Im new!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:16 PM #4
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
XE has a bolt-out-back (b.o.b.) shell (all Ion bodies have a main body assembly, with a colored shell that slips onto it). Regular Ion does not. That's the biggest issue. Other issue is the XE body has the feedneck screw directly into it, while the regular Ion has the feedneck go into the main body assembly (specifically, the breech part). Feedneck threads are also different (XE=NXT threads, regular=impulse threads).

Oooh, i see. You'd just be running dual regs, which is just fine.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM #5
wetpaintmafia

Ah thanks for that. Looks like I can't get my XE to be red/black as I was hoping from the older ion. I don't like the idea of a dual regulator, seems redundant and useless added weight. Maybe I'll just sell the red/black ion as a set with the regulator and tank for it. Cheers.