Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:43 AM #1996
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
consistency is key and what I go for. I could get high fps on my last desktop, but with all the bells and whistles, it would hop all over the place. Lower the settings a bit, and it will stay constant (at least on games where you can set a maxfps cvar...really miss messing with game files)

But really, i dont take the time to look at graphics so they never weighed heavily on me

still can't wait for bf3 either
I do in Single Player. It's nice to slow down a bit and just admire what's around you for a minute at times. But, in MP, I agree.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 09-18-2011, 03:12 PM #1997
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
I do in Single Player. It's nice to slow down a bit and just admire what's around you for a minute at times. But, in MP, I agree.
Who is girl in avy?
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 09-18-2011, 03:15 PM #1998
Rampager2000

Victoria Justice

Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 PM #1999
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 PM #2000
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
whats single player?

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:48 PM #2001
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
whats single player?
It's that mode they put in for when you forget to pay your internet bill.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:09 PM #2002
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I've been digging single player more and more in games. Normally in FPS games I'd just jump into MP and that's it. Now, though, if there's a decent SP story I'm down to play it. At least on the console side (probably my GP addiction...lol).
Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM #2003
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I've been digging single player more and more in games. Normally in FPS games I'd just jump into MP and that's it. Now, though, if there's a decent SP story I'm down to play it. At least on the console side (probably my GP addiction...lol).
I dig SP too. The problem is I don't have enough time for it anymore. I get sucked into it too easily. With multiplayer, I can play a few rounds but it has a definite end so I can quit and go to bed.When I played Deus Ex:HR, I got so engrossed while playing that some nights I would decide I needed to quit, thinking its 1AM, but some how it had become 5AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 PM #2004
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Yeah I feel ya. Luckily I have a bit of time during the day when I'm not working, I work 12hr shifts so only 3-4 days a week, and my oldest is at school so I game a bit.

I was in the same boat w/ DE:HR. I ripped through that in 3 days which for me is pretty intense since I do have a lot of other stuff I do daily.

If the game is MP and solid, like BF3, I'll buy it (on the console side). Then I can work the MP, and get around to the SP. If its SP really only, DE:HR as an example, I just redbox it and that's that.

BF3, though, I'm picking up on the PC and Console so I can play the high end stuff on the PC and then when my RL friends are gaming I'll play the console version (and I can rack up some GP).

I wish profiles were cross game so if you had the same game on 3 systems lets say whichever you logged into it'd check the official servers, and grab your status for MP and keep your profile at the same point.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM #2005
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

The most recent single player game I actually played was probably Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and that's only because I remember salivating over screenshots when they were developing that game and had to buy it when I saw it had actually been released.

As much as that game is glitchy as hell, it is very addicting and has such good environments. Probably the only game that has actually had me creeped out to the point of the hair on the back of my neck standing up.

Ordered Call of Pripyat to play on my new system when it's all ready.

BF3 will likely be multiplayer only for me, unless the internet goes down of course.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 09-18-2011, 10:07 PM #2006
Rampager2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnekdude View Post
The most recent single player game I actually played was probably Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and that's only because I remember salivating over screenshots when they were developing that game and had to buy it when I saw it had actually been released.

As much as that game is glitchy as hell, it is very addicting and has such good environments. Probably the only game that has actually had me creeped out to the point of the hair on the back of my neck standing up.

Ordered Call of Pripyat to play on my new system when it's all ready.

BF3 will likely be multiplayer only for me, unless the internet goes down of course.
Amnesia bro. That **** scares you to death.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 PM #2007
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Loved all of the stalker games... Well.. Clearsky and the original. I need to get around to installing CoP.

You should play CS before CoP though. Or you'll probably be annoyed by going backwards with features.

I wasn't even that excited for BF3.. Kept saying that its just like any other game where I'll wait to hear about it, and actually see it played before buying into the hype.. But all of you ****ers got me excited about it.. Wanting to preorder... Believing the hype :-\

Looking for some Gats?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 AM #2008
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
oh you mean when roommates are downloading stuff

gotcha

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:25 AM #2009
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
I <3 singleplayer. It's nice to just play a game without the frequent douchebaggery found online. But sometimes I'm in the mood for douchebaggery/to instigate it, so each serve their purpose.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 AM #2010
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3677819
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread