Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2011, 10:21 PM #421
cfos00

I may already be ahead of you guys on the rounded tube bodies. I have one done already in brass, with the top tube modeled a little after doc's fastback cockers. Working on the bolt now, along with the final durocoat design. The bolt is already laid out (quite a bit different than anything I've seen here, basically a self-contained mag valve's front end) and almost done. The machinist I work with on this stuff, Ty McNeer over on MCB, is working ridiculous real life work shifts but should be done with it soon. I did have a bolt made by a machinist here, and we got about 50 shots out of it before we found out that the design was flawed, basically kicked the living **** out of the body and itself and had to scrap it. Anyway, long story short, yeah you can definitely do a round body for this, or even use brass stock if you like that sorta thing. Which I do.

By the way, New Ion, freakin' awesome job. It's looking great so far, keep up the good work.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:48 PM #422
cfos00

Hey, is there any chance that you're still working on this? I'm on my 7th generation of bolt and running into a few problems. Wondered if you ran into them too and if you had figured out a fix. The biggest two issues have been blowback up the feedtube and bolt survive-ability. Any chance that you've run into this stuff?

Last edited by cfos00 : 06-18-2012 at 07:59 PM.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 PM #423
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

unfortunately, I haven't had access to a machine shop for quite some time now. my deal with cs900 got lost in everything...

in short, i havent touched this in a while. wanna pm me with more details? maybe we can work some of this out.

WTB CAM DRIVE

Shocker Owners

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 PM #424
anthony2714

anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony2714 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anthony2714 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice