Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 PM #1
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Why won't Jim answer the phone or emails? Have been trying to order 10 markers!!

Anyone have any recent success with them? I read the threads that said last summer they made improvements to their markers. So why am I having such a hard time getting a response? Been a month and I have called 3 times and left messages and sent emails. Nada back.
matteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2011, 11:34 AM #2
Maj Tom

Last contact I've had was mid Dec. Jim had responded prior that a few of the machine shops he used have since closed down so he is looking for a new manufacturer for parts as well as a finishing shop for deburring and such.

But it is a one man show (that probably isn't his day job either) it may take some time.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:41 PM #3
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj Tom View Post
Last contact I've had was mid Dec. Jim had responded prior that a few of the machine shops he used have since closed down so he is looking for a new manufacturer for parts as well as a finishing shop for deburring and such.

But it is a one man show (that probably isn't his day job either) it may take some time.
So pretty much a dead brand then. That is unfortunate. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM #4
Maj Tom

"Dead" for now. The 2 shops he tried since Sept haven't been up to the standards he had set.

If he gets back up and running I'll be sure t post it here.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM #5
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
"Dead" for now. The 2 shops he tried since Sept haven't been up to the standards he had set.

If he gets back up and running I'll be sure t post it here.
I am all about maintaining high standards for your product but even a one man shop can answer phone calls once a month. "Dead" is based on customer service here. Why would I want to make wide use of something that I can't get a response from the ONLY person servicing the product in 30 days time?

I have seen earlier threads with these same complaints. I was hoping others were just impatient. Now I see the people as ICE just don't care about new customers. And when you stop caring about customers you kill your product. No matter how good it is.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:00 AM #6
Maj Tom

Then that's your prerogative as (I'm assuming) a field/store owner.

But it's probably just a difference in expectations. I'm expecting much less than you apparently, then again I'm used to custom orders from airsmiths an machinists. So I guess I'm used to it.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:12 PM #7
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Then that's your prerogative as (I'm assuming) a field/store owner.

But it's probably just a difference in expectations. I'm expecting much less than you apparently, then again I'm used to custom orders from airsmiths an machinists. So I guess I'm used to it.
I totally get waiting for an airsmith or machinist to do a custom job. See my signature dude I make custom guns!

The thing is this is an old brand and a production marker. Not short series or one offs but something he has made what hundreds at least of already. Even a custom shop needs to communicate with their customers. Especially new ones. That is unless they already have more work than they want and get it steadily. Which is the apparent issue here. With no one to do the work of communication and maintaining stock at any level at all . . .
Old 02-06-2011, 05:31 PM #8
majinebz

has been a member for 10 years
In all reality, family life takes priority. Holidays just ended.

on another note, my emails all ended up in his spam box. I called and left a message and he got back to me in about a week.

Your order may be over what he can complete at the moment.

Best of luck
majinebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM #9
the mag guy

Just wrote a massive post only to watch it error out as I clicked submit... In a nut shell I can confirm I have the same contact problems. I've had them for years with ICE and it's always when I want to buy a new gun. Due to lack of communication I alway end up buying another gun. This past time I bought an axe. My two emails and two voice messages said I was ready to buy I just wanted to make sure they were still being produced before I sent money... No response now for over 90 days.

I believe in this gun and I can personally speak for the quality, genius and craftsmanship of the epic. I want to help and I've sent them many an email regarding that as well but here is is again.

ICE, if you are reading this I am interested in helping you out in anyway possible for free, no kickbacks. From web design to answering emails, just let me know.
the mag guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:22 PM #10
beingextreme

Did you get a response from ICE or did you give up?
beingextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:04 AM #11
B.R.

i know this is a sort of old thread.
i get resposes reletively quick but nothing seams to pan out
i payed for a bunch of stuff just waiting to get it shipped (a few months now)
im not real worried yet just wanted back-up parts
it sucks like everyone else says its such a great gun i doubt i would ever sell it.
i also heard jim had an illness he was dealing w/ though
B.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:23 PM #12
jrkoop
Koop

jrkoop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jrkoop is for the Gunfight
When I last talked to Jim he told me he's had a lot of trouble finding machine shops that will take his small batch orders and not charge him a ton of money. I turned him onto a good shop in N. Cal. but he never responded to tell me if it worked out. He makes great guns, but when it comes to communicating with customers he sucks. You really want to have to buy a gun from him, which may explain, at least partly, why not more people buy these very cool markers. When, after redialing his number many times per day, many days in a row I do finally get a hold of him he's very nice and very helpful. The second to the last time I talked to him he told me he had been in bed sick for about a week, and other people tell me he's had health problems off and on. So maybe a combination of health and being overwhelmed with some orders, and maybe not realizing that a quick email would go a long way for people. Anyway, I'm glad I was finally able to get an Epic and now that I have one I don't think I'll ever sell it. I played an all-day scenario game with my son on Sat. and several people were all over my Epic, so when people see it they really like it. There are folks out there who play exclusively with mechanicals and go out of their way to stay away from all the electronic stuff so I think if Jim could somehow tighten up his customer service a little he'd sell way more guns.
jrkoop is offline   Reply With Quote