Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 PM #1
TMH

Game Improvement!!!

I've only been playing for about 3 months now, but I feel like I'm not improving very much. I practice every weekend with my team against people who are pretty good. What can I do to improve my game tremendously to show people I belong on the paintball field?
TMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2011, 01:03 AM #2
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
How do you practice? Just playing?

Considered doing small drills, even at home?

Like something like this:

Put a big garbage can or obstacle at one side of the field/backyard/open space.

Put a shovel stuck into the ground with 2 small cones on both sides of it.

Practice popping out of the bunker and trying to snap shoot 2 or 3 shots, quickly, each time at the cones.

Repeat until at least 50% of the shots hit the upper part of the cone. When you pop out the right side, shoot the right cone. When out the left side, the left cone.

Repeat with team mates and try timing yourself after a while. To keep you progressing without boredom, challenge friends and team mates.

You can always make a point-based system to keep your team challenging eachother to become better and better. before you know it, you'll be damn accurate for those super short opportunities to snap a player who is busy laning or readying to advance.

There are other practices you can do.

another is this:
set up a board or wall that it approx. 4 feet high. pretty much as high as your head when you're crouching low.

Wear all your gear when you do this for maximum effect, too.

Now set up targets at 25, 30, 45, 50, and 75 feet away.

Now the good part. Pop up every 2 seconds, with 2 seconds given to spot and shoot your target, then descend into a low crouch. Try doing 50 of these each at first, then progress to 100 each.

you must hit the targets from closest to farthest respectively.

In addition to strengthening your gastrocnemus (calf) and quadriceps, you practice quicker body movement, snap shooting (again) and ability to register multiple targets while taking them out in an order which is optimal for your survival in game.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"

Last edited by YeloSno : 09-05-2011 at 01:08 AM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM #3
LouDog

Those are some good drills...

Here's something you can try also: ask the players who put you out how they did it. You can learn alot from their perspective.

While you are playing, talk, yell, scream what you are doing and what is happening to you, almost a running commentary. Listen to what is being said as well.

Communication, good communication, can keep you and your teammates going strong and doing better.

I guess the only solo practice for that is to walk around talking to yourself.

Just don't answer.