PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-05-2011, 06:03 PM #1
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

Searched and couldn't find anything on here about this. It seems to have gone pretty unnoticed for the most part. I only just got around to playing it last night on a friend's account.

Absolutely brilliant. If you liked the first, you'll love this. If you haven't played either, it plays a lot like Bushido Blade, but in a slightly more polished, Soul Caliber style. Some matches can be over in seconds flat, some can drag on for 5 minutes. And chopping people's limbs off (especially in zombie mode where a severed limb doesn't mean instant death) never gets old. It's bloody, it's deep, and it's fun as all hell.

$10 from XBLA and PSN. Buy it you cheap ****s. Snag the first one too if you haven't already.

Proof of awesomeness:

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 PM #2
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

has been a member for 10 years
Honestly, that video look terrible. 1000 years of different combat styles and every battle is a grapple to a one hit kill? I hope there is more than that.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM #3
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

No, that's just showing all of the finishing moves for the characters. As I said, it plays like Bushido Blade, only a lot more fluent.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49 PM #4
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

has been a member for 10 years
I don't know anything about Bushido blade, but holy ****, did they last guy just cut another guy in half with a hammer? Lololol.

I'm entertained by the show (in a sort of shallow "jersey shore" type of entertainment) so I guess the game should be equally ridiculous.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:26 PM #5
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Yes. Yes he did. So far I have kicked someone so hard they have died, ripped half of someone's face off with Sun Tzu's iron claw, tossed a rungu from Shaka Zulu and decapitated someone, along with various other ridiculous, extravagant and completely ****ing awesome kills.

You can change the damage buffer of your characters so you can just hack the **** out of each other or turn on slice mode and pretty much lob off limbs with every hit. Zombie mode makes you reduce your enemy to a single legged, hopping torso before you can finally kill them.

Controls are fantastic, simple, and completely intuitive. I was dodging arrows, parrying attacks and putting spears through people's heads in no time. But that doesn't mean there isn't depth to them. This isn't a button masher. Once again, it's more akin to Bushido Blade, or like the Fight Night of sword-fighting games.

Graphics are pretty decent for what they are. Arenas are actually somewhat varied and worth tactically deciding unlike most fighters where it's a total "IDGAF THEYRE ALL THE SAME TO ME". Some have holes, some have dropoffs, some have random **** in the way. There are other weapons and armor for each character and such but I haven't unlocked anything yet. Apparently some unlockables are just "joke" weapons that don't do **** for damage but are there for ridiculous reasons pertaining to the character's history. And you can get some other weapons if you have a save file from the first Deadliest Warrior game (which I no longer have on this harddrive, so not sure what the weapons are). But you get 3 weapons at a time: close range (sword, axe, hammer, usually accompanied with a shield), mid range (spears, poles, halberds), and long range (bows, poison dart launchers, rungu). They get thrown, knocked out of your hand and can be broken by the other player if he walks over them and clicks the left stick.

Grapple system is decent too, because its really a total game of rock paper scissors. Final-strike is definitely rock, because EVERYONE always want's to pick rock. But it at least lets you know that at the very least, you can always block someone from performing it by picking rock too. Sadly, you'll get an arm or leg broken, but why risk blocking one of them only to **** up and let a final strike get through and kill you?

But anyways, animations are all great, and it's extremely visceral, a trait that a lot of fighters try to obtain but sadly don't have. There is power to the hits, but it's raw human power, and you can really feel it while thrusting and swinging.

Voice acting and dialogue is terrible, but it's limited to the intro and outro of each match. But the cheesiness just adds to the hilarity and ridiculousness of it all anyways.

Buy this you fools. BUY BUY BUY

XBL - xStonedCrow

Last edited by komodo_117 : 09-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM #6
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post

Voice acting and dialogue is terrible, but it's limited to the intro and outro of each match. But the cheesiness just adds to the hilarity and ridiculousness of it all anyways.
Much like the show.

My only question, can I be a Spetsnaz.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:24 PM #7
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

No, but you can be this guy:

XBL - xStonedCrow