Community Focus

Old 09-03-2011, 12:37 PM #22
JoltZero
French Fry Addict

JoltZero has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JoltZero has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jenkins View Post
Jesus Necroposting Christ in heaven, check the post date of the post before you. If it's that old make a new thread.
Err, this is a very slow subforum, and the thread was still on the first page.
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2011, 12:43 PM #23
dontflamemeplox
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jenkins View Post
Jesus Necroposting Christ in heaven, check the post date of the post before you. If it's that old make a new thread.
i wouldnt say a month is necroposting

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:51 AM #24
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper-Cut

I do it all the time when running and gunning and I've got to say I have never been shot in the elbow. When you factor in the size of your arm vs your entire body it's actually a small percentage.
What chicken wing does give you is a MUCH more stable shooting platform.
Err the combat arms sector of the military discourages the chicken wing posture in CQB. I guess this is duck hunt to you bro.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 09-05-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:57 PM #25
BigDaddyYates3

Some one alread said this but i would like to add something to it. Practices teams that are better then you but also do it consistently.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 AM #26
Guerrilla Air Rep
www.GuerrillaAir.com

Guerrilla Air Rep works for a Paintball manufacturer
BigDaddyYates3- That is so very true but its very hard to get the new teams to practice the more experienced teams. But when they do they become better players exponentially.
Sales 1-310-715-1122 | Tech Support 1-847-640-8857
sales@guerrillaair.com techsupport@guerrillaair.com
Guerrilla Air Website
Guerrilla Air Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 AM #27
LionheartPB
Lonely PBer

LionheartPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jolt...clinics are those training sessions given usually by pros for teams and players to show them how to play better..They could be one-day or more !
LionheartPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 PM #28
JoDirT
PSP-NPPL-GFOA-CFOA-MILP

JoDirT plays in the PSP
JoDirT plays in the MiLP
JoDirT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JoDirT plays in the APPA D4 division
find the best value field in your area. and play there all the time. the more you play the more it becomes second nature.
JoDirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:28 AM #29
DaveA

has been a member for 10 years
Every time you get shot out- Look to see where you got shot from. Do it right then with your gun in the air, then you'll know if your mistake was in how you used your cover (you didn't tuck in or behind it well enough FROM the position they shot you from) or if that position is simply unsafe from the position they shot you from. If you make the effort to see where you were shot from, you will quickly learn how to use cover more effectively and stay in the game.
New players should try to play in semi only unless playing a much better opponent. Playing your own level (or lower) with ramping will not help you improve your shooting and moving skills, it'll teach you how to hose, which is the easiest of pb skills and the most expensive...
Playing way back reduces your accuracy and increases the Luck factor in being hit. It's more comfortable to play back, for a while, but you won't learn how to play PB as quickly or effectively as you will in the midfield where it's hot enough to use your skills but not so crazy as the front that you get slammed too fast.
Don't wipe or cheat. Everytime you get shot is an opportunity to learn from your mistake (or the other guy's skill) and if you cheat, you deny that you made a mistake so you never improve and you deny the skill of the other guy so you don't learn from his use of position or gunskill, And you harm the basic integrity, Honorable Play, of the great sport of Paintball.

imho
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM #30
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA
Every time you get shot out- Look to see where you got shot from. Do it right then with your gun in the air, then you'll know if your mistake was in how you used your cover (you didn't tuck in or behind it well enough FROM the position they shot you from) or if that position is simply unsafe from the position they shot you from. If you make the effort to see where you were shot from, you will quickly learn how to use cover more effectively and stay in the game.
New players should try to play in semi only unless playing a much better opponent. Playing your own level (or lower) with ramping will not help you improve your shooting and moving skills, it'll teach you how to hose, which is the easiest of pb skills and the most expensive...
Playing way back reduces your accuracy and increases the Luck factor in being hit. It's more comfortable to play back, for a while, but you won't learn how to play PB as quickly or effectively as you will in the midfield where it's hot enough to use your skills but not so crazy as the front that you get slammed too fast.
Don't wipe or cheat. Everytime you get shot is an opportunity to learn from your mistake (or the other guy's skill) and if you cheat, you deny that you made a mistake so you never improve and you deny the skill of the other guy so you don't learn from his use of position or gunskill, And you harm the basic integrity, Honorable Play, of the great sport of Paintball.

imho
This! Have experienced players teach you proper posture, proper technique, and build upon those bases. I've made leaps and bounds just by doing that and striving to become a better player. I've gone from taking shots to the arms, legs, torso, and so on to only being shot in hands, loader, marker, or mask which are far smaller targets.

When you have the opportunity, watch the field, watch what other players do, and try to determine why they make that move, like bumping to another bunker, engaging in a run-through, how they engage and take angles, and so on. If you don't understand, have someone that can help explain those things to you. When you get on the field it'll help you build field awareness, along side playing, making mistakes, and learning from those mistakes, which is HUGE, although it may take some time to develop. You'll learn where to move, how to sit, how to communicate, where the other team is, etc.

Paintball and the competitive aspect has been one of the most rewarding things I've had the pleasure of being apart of. But the most important thing is to enjoy the time you have on the field and have fun. Some of the times things get rough as with anything, but keep your head up and you can do what ever you want and go as far as you want.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever

Last edited by i8somepie : 12-09-2011 at 10:55 AM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote