Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 AM #127
W.T.L.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Pistols

Hey apgarcia,

We started a pistol team last year called Reapers Black Hearts. We all were using Tac8's. We played in my WTL and had a great time. I play at HSP every Saturday and I let players use my pistols. I use both TPX and Tac 8's. I can get a great deal on the TPX, so if anyone is interested in purchasing a pistol or two please PM and i will give you the details. We should try and get a bunch of pistols players together at HSP. GMAN was one of our top marksman.

Shoot you soon.

David REAPER Justin
W.T.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2011, 08:21 AM #128
GMAN1
 
 
GMAN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.T.L. View Post
Hey apgarcia,

We started a pistol team last year called Reapers Black Hearts. We all were using Tac8's. We played in my WTL and had a great time. I play at HSP every Saturday and I let players use my pistols. I use both TPX and Tac 8's. I can get a great deal on the TPX, so if anyone is interested in purchasing a pistol or two please PM and i will give you the details. We should try and get a bunch of pistols players together at HSP. GMAN was one of our top marksman.

Shoot you soon.

David REAPER Justin

And hopefully this year we will be having another pistol/mag fed tournament if all works out in a couple of months .
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM #129
hmcl281
 
 
hmcl281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
my field will not allow dual pistols, also hard to keep track on which mags were used.
__________________
hmcl281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 PM #130
Matt Hemm
 
 
Matt Hemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Matt Hemm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Matt Hemm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How do you all carry mags and whatnot? I am still looking for a way to carry my 6 mags and tac 8.1. One of those mags being in the marker. I want to get t right the first time so as not to waste any money trying different configurations.
Matt Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 PM #131
mherboth
Mherboth
 
mherboth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
mherboth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mherboth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mherboth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
In addition to the last post i have trouble with the balls flying out do the triple holsters keep this from happening or how do you carry them that prevents this?
mherboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 PM #132
splatthetick
 
 
splatthetick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PDX Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mherboth View Post
In addition to the last post i have trouble with the balls flying out do the triple holsters keep this from happening or how do you carry them that prevents this?
lock the spring down when mag not in the gun. it will unlock when you slam the mag in gun!
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 PM #133
Matt Hemm
 
 
Matt Hemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Matt Hemm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Matt Hemm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Got my pistol today. Slightly bigger then I remember but I'm sure ill get used to it.
Matt Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:32 PM #134
mherboth
Mherboth
 
mherboth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
mherboth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mherboth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mherboth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatthetick View Post
lock the spring down when mag not in the gun. it will unlock when you slam the mag in gun!
I do lock the mags its just the intense running that unlocks them and i wanted to know which mag pouches are best or opinions on the triple because i carry them in my pockets since i dont know what to get.
mherboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 PM #135
apgarcia
 
 
apgarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Valley-SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mherboth View Post
I do lock the mags its just the intense running that unlocks them and i wanted to know which mag pouches are best or opinions on the triple because i carry them in my pockets since i dont know what to get.
this is what I use...
I used to carry 4 mags plus 2 extended mags in the T8's to start.
Now, I just use the 2 extended mags and 2 extra mags

http://www.ansgear.com/2010_Valken_V...detactical.htm
apgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 PM #136
apgarcia
 
 
apgarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Valley-SoCal
Hey David...
Maybe I'll see you on the 27th, that's the next time I'll be at HSP. By the way...what's your opinion on the TPX vs T8? and I might take you up on your offer on the TPX, one of my friends is looking into getting a pistol after seeing me play.

-Allan
apgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM #137
Matt Hemm
 
 
Matt Hemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Matt Hemm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Matt Hemm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just curious if this is a common issue. After looking over my new tac 8 for a few days, I have began to notice some issues that should not be on a new gun. For one, on the upper receiver, near where the barrel is, there is to gashes. Both opposite each other. Probably about a quarter inch in length each, exposing raw metal. Also other various signs of wear, that might make me believe it is not a new gun. Is quality control of Tiberius like this normally, or did I just get a lemon?
Matt Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:25 AM #138
ElAle
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
give my gun to my girlfriend the other day and she wants one now
I have the perfect excuse to go dual XD

ElAle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 PM #139
i rushin
 
 
i rushin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
i rushin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
lol, I also am a pistol only player, most of the times. I love the challenge it brings to the game. playing with electronic markers is to easy. I have loads of pistols but at the moment I use my T8 the most. I plan on getting the extensions for the mags and I am converting it to a racegun (tactical compensator, etc)
go play d1 xball and get back to me.
i rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 AM #140
afox151
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
So got my 8.1 players pack , and 3 extra magazines, for a total of 5.

Went out to H2 paintball last weekened, might i say that had to be the most fun i have had since i started paintball ages ago. To be running around like a madman without the weight of my old cocker and it ton's o Pods, was totaly nuts.

Got to ask the pistol masters, what rig you all useing, I used an old LBV with some M16 double mag pouches, and the whole thing felt to lose. (thats what she said) I know that spec Ops used to make a Pistol players belt, but they said that it is no longer in production. Midnight i saw that you use the Tiberius mag holsters, how well do those hold the mags? You are always running your legs off and I was doing the same when I went.

Does anyone know of a good military pouch or holster that holds them well? Or a belt that i can modify to work?

If anyone doubts the pistol, all it takes is to bunker three people on a attack and defend game, by running the whole way accross the field and catching them off guard. soooooo sweet.
afox151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 PM #141
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.
 
tgs-killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Redlands, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hemm View Post
Just curious if this is a common issue. After looking over my new tac 8 for a few days, I have began to notice some issues that should not be on a new gun. For one, on the upper receiver, near where the barrel is, there is to gashes. Both opposite each other. Probably about a quarter inch in length each, exposing raw metal. Also other various signs of wear, that might make me believe it is not a new gun. Is quality control of Tiberius like this normally, or did I just get a lemon?
Some stores/retailers display their products and they repackage them to sell, from which they should call these products "floor-models" and at a discount. But some choose not to do the extra work and sell their product as-is to an unsuspecting buyer. As far as I know, Tiberius has good quality control and inspects their products prior to shipment. Additionally, I can remember buying new markers at one time and there were a few blemishes (nicks, ano-wear, etc). So it's not surprising to hear that yours came in the condition that you state, although it's truly unfair


Quote:
Originally Posted by afox151 View Post
...how well do those hold the mags? You are always running your legs off and I was doing the same when I went.

Does anyone know of a good military pouch or holster that holds them well? Or a belt that i can modify to work?

If anyone doubts the pistol, all it takes is to bunker three people on a attack and defend game, by running the whole way accross the field and catching them off guard. soooooo sweet.
While Tiberius magazine pouches/holsters/holders are good, they lack the ability to completely hold your mag in place being as that there is no strap, it's bare! So if you jump, slide, crouch, or even run, you are highly susceptible to having your mag easily jump out. With that said, it's better to buy an M4/AR/AK magazine pouch. But definitely NOT a triple pouch. Why? Because it will be heavy and extremely awkward when you run, and you would want the weight of the mags even distributed over your body. I would also suggest to stay clear of having two mags in one pouch as they will grind with one another and make it slightly trickier to take out if the magazine holder is snug fitting. Also, try to stay away from the elastic band' magazine pouches such as these:

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma58triplem4magpouch.aspx

But rather, focus on getting something such as this:

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma33tri...kmagpouch.aspx

You may also want to look at getting a dump pouch as well. As far as a 'good' holster or base go, I would suggest getting a vest first. Should you not like a vest, then perhaps look into a battle/rigger belt with a shoulder harness and leg mounts -- I hope this helps,

-Jarred
__________________
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 AM #142
afox151
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs-killer View Post
While Tiberius magazine pouches/holsters/holders are good, they lack the ability to completely hold your mag in place being as that there is no strap, it's bare! So if you jump, slide, crouch, or even run, you are highly susceptible to having your mag easily jump out.
That is what I primarily worried about, I was running crazy and took a few dives (not all were planned, damn tree roots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs-killer View Post
You may also want to look at getting a dump pouch as well. As far as a 'good' holster or base go, I would suggest getting a vest first. Should you not like a vest, then perhaps look into a battle/rigger belt with a shoulder harness and leg mounts -- I hope this helps,

-Jarred
This does help, I was thinking about the rigger belt, currently I am using four of these, with my 240 Box pouch as a dump pouch (could not find my actual one, getting one soon)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOLLE-II-M16A2-DOUBLE-MAGAZINE-POUCH-30-RD-SALE-2-/380144488021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588260 8e55#ht_500wt_1314

The double mag pouches hold ok, but the magazine was bouncing around so much that at a few point the ball detent was hit I a round or two would pop out, and on the LBV the whole thing just seemed to be moving to much for my liking.

Has anyone used those mag pouches made by Full Clip? I wanna hear if they work, before investing a bunch in them.

thanks again all.

Pistols rule, plain and simple

Last edited by afox151 : 09-03-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: I really should not post before coffee, way to many typos
afox151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM #143
Matt Hemm
 
 
Matt Hemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Matt Hemm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Matt Hemm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs-killer View Post
Some stores/retailers display their products and they repackage them to sell, from which they should call these products "floor-models" and at a discount. But some choose not to do the extra work and sell their product as-is to an unsuspecting buyer. As far as I know, Tiberius has good quality control and inspects their products prior to shipment. Additionally, I can remember buying new markers at one time and there were a few blemishes (nicks, ano-wear, etc). So it's not surprising to hear that yours came in the condition that you state, although it's truly unfair

-Jarred
I finally got an email back from the CS rep where I ordered after many weeks and missed phone calls. Said I can send it in for an exchange, so that's what I did about a week ago. Still waiting on the replacement.
Matt Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:34 PM #144
MIDNIGHTANGELZ
 
 
MIDNIGHTANGELZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is playing at Living Legends V
MIDNIGHTANGELZ posts videos on PbNation
MIDNIGHTANGELZ has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
GUESS WHAT GUYS

http://xtremedreamzpaintball.websitetoolbox.com/

Ive got my own forum section for us to hang out at !
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM #145
apgarcia
 
 
apgarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Valley-SoCal
just signed up Midnight
apgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:36 PM #146
PntBllnSquirrel
 
 
PntBllnSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I have always been a fan of Full Clip pouches to hold my mags.

I have used them for the past year with my setup.
I'm lighting up my load right now trying to get rid of 5mags and pouches http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3670965
__________________
WCP Squirrel - Pistolero
I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!
PntBllnSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 PM #147
Matt Hemm
 
 
Matt Hemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Matt Hemm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Matt Hemm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So forever now, I have not be able to come up with a setup for carrying mags. I want to be light, but while carrying 3-4 mags. When I carry something on my waste, I dont feel as light as I would like. I think I like the idea of a thigh rig, though I hear many stories of them shifting terribly, then I thought a shoulder rig with mags on both sides, however the mags seem too big to comfortably carry like that. Now, my newest idea is a custom forearm holster to hold 1-2 mags on each forearm. Or, using an m16/m4 bandolier to carry them on my chest. Not sure how secure that is though, dont want anything that can shift or move too much.
Any thoughts or ideas that I may no have come up with? Or opinions on what I already mentioned.
Matt Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump