PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 PM #1
ajl6989

ajl6989 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Help help help!!! Ion leaking down barrel im stumped

So I just bought this ion from someone on here, took it to the field, shot about 30 rounds then a strong leak happened while shooting,which I thought was the reg. After better inspection its not

the leak comes down the barrel, and my bolt does not push forward, the air just bypasses the bokt and drains my tank. I checked all o rings front to back, none were cracked or even close to worn. The gun is loobed with dow 33. And its still leaking.

So I tried to fix it this morning, and the back banjo threading broke in the thread. So I dont know if the banjo caused the leak or not. A new banjo is on the way, but I feel like the leak wasnt because of the banjo.

Has anyone had this same problem? Was it there banjo threading being broken or another piece entirely?

Thank you, anything helps im very new to ions and havent even gotten to shoot someone with mine
ajl6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 PM #2
Flip23
5PG Family

Annual Supporting Member
I would change the orings on the bold and can for good measure. Check the dwell settings as well, make them higher.
Flip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:41 PM #3
ajl6989

I changed the bolt o rings, how do I change the ones behind the eyes, I dont see how you get them out or replace them because they seem to be in a solid breach.

Can my dwell make my marker leak almost violently out of the barrel? Because this happened rigt in the middle of walking the trigger
Old 08-27-2011, 04:55 PM #4
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Low battery can cause leaks too, believe it or not. If there isn't enough juice to properly operate the solenoid, it won't open/close properly, and you get leaks like that.

To replace the o-ring in the breech, gotta get a dental pick or similar tool to hook it, then pull out.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:34 AM #5
ajl6989

K I can pick up one of those dental picks semi easily, and then just slip in the o ring to the slot it came from? Sounds easy enough, I doubt its the battery ill try a new one, but this its a almost brand new battery, maybe it got drained somehow though.

Just wonderring, can a cracked/broken banjo fitting cause a leak like i am talking about? I.E. A leak coming from behing the bolt and the bolt not even cocking forward or back it kinda just sits there.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 PM #6
xxtheshockerxx
LS4

xxtheshockerxx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
make sure he flux capacitor is in good working order
Old 08-28-2011, 12:56 PM #7
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
If the leaky banjo isn't letting enough air pressure build up in the body, then similar issues could arise. The bolt is its own valve in a way, so it needs a specific amount of pressure to seal in between shots.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:16 PM #8
ajl6989

Cool, I will check the valve and banjo, and get a dentist tool for the breach o rings, and ill let you guys know. Either way I have to wait for a bango fitting to see.

Thanks for all the help guys