PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2011, 12:01 AM #1
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

deadeyeheat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Etek2 virtue ramp reset time

I have this setting set to 1.0 but when i shut the eyes off and ramp the gun with no air or paint.the solonoid clicks in a ramping fashion but when i release the trigger and quickly squeeze it again the gun does not reactivate ramping??? i also tried with the eyes off and the bolt in the way of the eyes and still the ramping wont reactivate????? i even increased the reactivation time to 10 and still it wont continue ramping.

If i set the firing mode to psp then the gun ramps and resets quickly if i pull the trigger again withing a second after pulling the trigger prior....but setting the ramp rest time to any degree does not effect this.

Is there anything im missing? basically with the gun set to ramp and the ramp rest time set to 1.0.If i have the eyes off or the eyes on but blocked by the bolt with no air in the gun then the ramp rest time does not work.The noid will click like the gun is ramping as long a i am squeezing the trigger but even if i let the trigger go for a split second and then pull it again the solonoid will click once and stop.....no 3 round burst for instance.

but if i set the firing mode to psp then it will but i cant adjust the reset time on this its not effected.is this normal

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,
deadeyeheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM #2
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
The ramp intitanial shot count only affects ramp mode, so not psp2/3.

Setting the mode to one means after one pull it will ramp again. So it doing ramping, let off, 1 pull, ramping.

But then there is also, ramp activiation speed which its lowest is 5. So you would have to shot faster then 5bps for ramp to kick in(when using ramp mode only)

All of this is layed out fairly cleary in the manual, you should try reading it.
http://www.virtuepb.com/Redefined-web.pdf

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM #3
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
The ramp intitanial shot count only affects ramp mode, so not psp2/3.

Setting the mode to one means after one pull it will ramp again. So it doing ramping, let off, 1 pull, ramping.

But then there is also, ramp activiation speed which its lowest is 5. So you would have to shot faster then 5bps for ramp to kick in(when using ramp mode only)

All of this is layed out fairly cleary in the manual, you should try reading it.
http://www.virtuepb.com/Redefined-web.pdf
Have read it and you did not answer my question.Does paint need to run through the gun for this to happen? because when i set the gun to ramp with the reset time at 1.0 and the eyes shut off with no air in the gun.the noid ramps or licks like the guns ramping but it wont reset after i let off the trigger even for a split second.

i asked about psp because i dont know why to be honest i was tired.basically i set the ramp rest time to 1.0 and with no air and the eyes off or the eyes on but tripped by the bolt i pull the trigger and the noid clicks but wont keep clicking after i quickly release it......why????

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,
Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 PM #4
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
No you dont need to run paint through it, there board is still going to do as it was programmed to do wether it is actually cycling the gun or not.

It doesn't fire when you release it cause PSP and ramping is not a autoresponce type modes. 1 pull is one shot until you shoot 3 semiauto shots faster then 5bps then the gun will ramp up a certain percent based off what you have it programmed to do.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 PM #5
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
No you dont need to run paint through it, there board is still going to do as it was programmed to do wether it is actually cycling the gun or not.

It doesn't fire when you release it cause PSP and ramping is not a autoresponce type modes. 1 pull is one shot until you shoot 3 semiauto shots faster then 5bps then the gun will ramp up a certain percent based off what you have it programmed to do.
Ok well in ramping mode with the ramp reset set to 1.0 once i stop firing the gun without paint......the gun wont keep firing in 3 round burst.Once i stop pulling the trigger than i have to pull the trigger again up to my ramp activation speed for the gun to start ramping again.

No 3 shot...but if i set the firing mode to psp then the gun ramps and if i let go of the trigger but pull it again before 1 second the gun will keep firing 3 round burst.

so something is wrong with my board if in ramp mode the gun wont fire 3 round burst after i let go of the trigger while ramping but pull it again before 1 second is up?? because i have a ramp rest setting on the board

Old 08-24-2011, 11:00 PM #6
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
PSP is 3 shots per pull after the first 3 semiauto shoots of course, whereas ramping is based off your current BPS and it just add's balls per shot based off what the ramp percentage is at.

Again, the manual covers what the firing modes to. Try reading up on them...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:11 AM #7
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
PSP is 3 shots per pull after the first 3 semiauto shoots of course, whereas ramping is based off your current BPS and it just add's balls per shot based off what the ramp percentage is at.

Again, the manual covers what the firing modes to. Try reading up on them...
And again i read the manual.The trouble is that setting my reset time messing around with it every way does not seem to do anything????? i have read the manual and understand it.What i dont understand though is why although as i read the manual it says that the ramp reset time works with the ramp mode.....but i seem to be playing with this reset time although i see no difference.....maby i dont understand what rest time means since i am expecting the gun to basically stay ramping even if i let go of the trigger but as long as i get back on it before my desired reset time setting???? so basically i am expecting psp 3 shot.....in ramping i set my desired reset time to say 2.0 and that means that as i am ramping i let go of the trigger and as long as i get back on it before 2.0 the gun will keep firing 3 shots.........now i understand that this is psp 3 shot but again since i am playing with this ramp reset time and i cant see what it actually does.I am confused

Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM #8
RTLSNAKE
Team Rogue

RTLSNAKE is a founding member
RTLSNAKE plays in the PSP
RTLSNAKE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RTLSNAKE plays in the APPA D4 division
Ok if you have read the manual and understand it you should have no problem but I will help.the ramp activation ONLY works when you are using ramp mode.psp is a different mode and has nothing to do with the ramp activation
RTLSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 PM #9
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLSNAKE View Post
Ok if you have read the manual and understand it you should have no problem but I will help.the ramp activation ONLY works when you are using ramp mode.psp is a different mode and has nothing to do with the ramp activation
Yeah man of course i read the manual.Basically i am expecting ramp mode to act like psp 3 shot.You know like on a ego9 where you can set the board to have a 1 second restart. or say you ramp the gun and you can stop squeezing the trigger but. as long as you start squeezing it again before 1 second is up then the gun will keep firing 3 shots. so you can enter into a snap shot dual??? but if you let go of the trigger for to long then you have to pull the trigger up to your ramp activation speed to get the gun ramping again.

I am confused by that and am thinking that this is what this ramp restart setting is supposed to do.I could have sworn that the gun did do that before and now it wont so i think the board is broke.

Or is the ramp setting just supposed to ramp once your ramp activation speed is reached.but you can set this ramp restart so that after you say reach your activation speed and the gun starts ramping.If you stop pulling the trigger,but pull it again and fire one shot allong with reaching the required ramp activation speed then the gun will start ramping again??? is this what the ramp mode and the ramp restart are for??? thats all i need to know.

Call me dumb but this is what forums are for.In this case i need it explained because of my paranoia of the fact that i thought the gun was acting like psp 3 shot while it was in ramp mode so thats bothering me.

Basically in ramp mode should the gun keep 3 round bursting after i stop pulling the trigger but start pulling it again before 1 second is up?? or is that just psp mode???

Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 PM #10
RTLSNAKE
Team Rogue

RTLSNAKE is a founding member
RTLSNAKE plays in the PSP
RTLSNAKE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RTLSNAKE plays in the APPA D4 division
you can only get three shot burst with psp mode which means after the third pull the next shot is 3 shot burst.now if you have yours set to RAMP not PSP mode you have to reach the ramp activation speed and as soon as you stop pulling the trigger at all you have to reach the ramp activation speed again to to make it ramp
RTLSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:53 PM #11
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLSNAKE View Post
you can only get three shot burst with psp mode which means after the third pull the next shot is 3 shot burst.now if you have yours set to RAMP not PSP mode you have to reach the ramp activation speed and as soon as you stop pulling the trigger at all you have to reach the ramp activation speed again to to make it ramp
Ok then my board is fine.Thank you very very much.My mind is probally not working right because i am moving to a new house and have been getting up at 5am and working until 2:00am the next morning.