Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2011, 04:14 PM #1
team_redemption

air effeciency situation

hey all, I hae an 09 UL slg and I was just wondering if anyone could let me know the best settings to have the board at so it will be the most efficient on air...I believe every setting on the board is stock at the moment.

I just want to know because I was test shooting it with my giant 88 5000 tank and i had shot about what seemed like one hundred dry shots at most and it used up 1000psi. so if anyone could let me know what settings are best for this situation i would appreciate it. thanks.
team_redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM #2
team_redemption

anyone? recommended dwell, trigger sensativity settings?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM #3
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

There really aren't any settings on an SLG to change.
Neither the dwell nor the trigger sensitivity settings have anything to do with the actual firing cycle of the marker.
There's the regulator output, but that's determined by your velocity.

Really all you can do is make sure it's not leaking, underbore your paint, and hope for the best.

For the record, my SLG has always been extremely efficient...horribly unreliable, but gas-efficient.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:58 PM #4
team_redemption

Ok, maybe i need to give it time to break the reg in. the guy i bought it from only used it like one. anyone know how long it takes to "break in"?

but if dwell and trig sensativity dont really do anything, should I just keep them all stock settings then?

But thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I've never put a lot of stock in the belief that "breaking in" a reg does anything. Even assuming that your input reg isn't "broken in" that would at most cause velocity fluctuations, not inefficiency.

The dwell and trigger sensitivity do things, just not what you're trying to solve.

Like on an electro-blowback like an e-Spyder, the dwell on an SLG just has to be long enough to make the sear let go of the bolt; either it fires or it doesn't. Raising the dwell is useful if your gun refuses to fire every shot, but the higher the dwell, the more battery power the gun will use on each cycle. If it's working fine now, it's already high enough, so leave it alone.

Trigger sensitivity has to do with the debounce setting of the trigger. Back in the day, players would intentionally lower the debounce of the triggers of their angels and intimidators to the point where even on semi-auto, single trigger pulls would register as multiple shots. I've tried lowering the sensitivity on my SLG all the way and haven't seen any effect one way or the other, but in theory you could use this to "cheat" in semi-auto mode.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM #6
team_redemption

Ok thank u. Thay was helpful. I guess the last option I have is to just check the velocitt and see if its super high. So my best bet is to have everything stock then? But thanks nonetheless. Appreciate it
Old 08-27-2011, 08:49 AM #7
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Sounds like a plan to me.
Checking the velocity should be the first thing to do.
It really doesn't matter if any of the electronic settings are factory normal or not.

Check your paint fitment, too. If the balls you're using fall right through the barrel you're using it's not a good fit. That can make a difference, though not as bad as the numbers you're quoting.