Community Focus

Old 08-24-2011, 02:14 PM #22
0celot
JohnnyBones

has been a member for 10 years
0celot plays in the PSP
0celot owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
0celot owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So the avg time was what was left on the clock basically?
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 PM #23
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0celot View Post
So the avg time was what was left on the clock basically?
The time on the clock represents how much time is left once the game has ended. "Average Time" is calculated in APPA using all of the times entered for each of your games.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM #24
rjtjr

rjtjr plays in the PSP
rjtjr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
rjtjr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacapbinc View Post
The time on the clock represents how much time is left once the game has ended. "Average Time" is calculated in APPA using all of the times entered for each of your games.
please explain how a time of 22:40 can be left on the clock could not have changed the outcome of the average time and ranking system. Aggressive point 1, 4th row.

and you also stated that a tie is worse than a lose. ok that i can understand. but how does a team with two ties, and 3 loses move on over a team with one tie and 2 loses? when said team with only 2 losses has more points and but has a lower average time. that doesnt seem like the points really matter and its just the time.
rjtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 PM #25
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtjr View Post
please explain how a time of 22:40 can be left on the clock could not have changed the outcome of the average time and ranking system. Aggressive point 1, 4th row.

and you also stated that a tie is worse than a lose. ok that i can understand. but how does a team with two ties, and 3 loses move on over a team with one tie and 2 loses? when said team with only 2 losses has more points and but has a lower average time. that doesnt seem like the points really matter and its just the time.
That was a great catch! I must have fat fingered the keys. However, even after the time is ajusted (which I just had Rahl do) They still have a better avg time then Pekin.

You are clearly looking at the score card with great detail... so I don't understand why you don't see that those 3 loses are spead out across two different race to 2 series. One they lost and the other they won.

Last edited by jacapbinc : 08-24-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 PM #26
JJTrading
Matty :)

Hey J, next tourney can you please start chronoing(sp?) people? I know this shouldn't be a problem and I probably sound like a ***** here, but I have bigger bruises after last weekend then ever before. Half of my forearm is purple and yellow from a single shot right on my elbow pads and I have 3 shots that were bleeding after our last match. Thanks homie.
JJTrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:18 AM #27
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrading View Post
Hey J, next tourney can you please start chronoing(sp?) people? I know this shouldn't be a problem and I probably sound like a ***** here, but I have bigger bruises after last weekend then ever before. Half of my forearm is purple and yellow from a single shot right on my elbow pads and I have 3 shots that were bleeding after our last match. Thanks homie.
You don't sound like a ***** and this is something that I plan to have corrected for the next event. You guys look really good... you took it to my boys. I hope to see you guys at Fox?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 AM #28
thechad3360
Da Coach

thechad3360 plays in the PSP
thechad3360 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrading View Post
Your last match was against us and as such I sincerely apologize, we never compete with the intentions of physically hurting anyone.

Throughout the day it got progressively hotter and I don't think my guys were aware of the velocity changes that can occur due to paint swell in the subsequent heat.

It's good practice to chronograph yourself before every match because not only can you hurt someone unintentionally but it can also cost you the game due to penalties. I'll address this with the team and ensure that it will not happen again.
Virtue Paintball
|PBX |BBT|
thechad3360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:54 AM #29
JJTrading
Matty :)

No worries at all man I just thought it would be a good idea in the future, for everyones sake.

Im not sure if we can make the next one J, about half our team is going off to school this weekend.
JJTrading is offline   Reply With Quote