Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-03-2011, 04:04 AM #1
BB458

Red face Imagine with eyes???

I know this has been asked befor but I'm sorry to bring it back up. I know an imagine can be drilled for eyes using otherssccustoms template and use the intimidator 2k1 eye covers.(I actually have the 2002 eye covers hope they still work) I have both and my template is to the right scale but what do I use for ball dents?? And how are you supposed to attach the eye covers the screw hole is right in-between the upper and lower tubes.
BB458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2011, 05:16 PM #2
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Here's a tip for you - just buy an Electra. Back in the day, this was worth doing, but now every gun on the market comes with eyes and it's not worth your trouble to do the install.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM #3
rzhukov

rzhukov is playing at Living Legends III
rzhukov owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rzhukov supports Bob Gurnsey
rzhukov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Too much money and effort, just buy spyder that already comes with eyes
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:42 AM #4
BB458

I understand that it will cost a lot I already bought everything. I'm not worried about the money. Honestly it boils down to I'm sick of people saying spyders aren't worth a sh##. So I and going to upgrade the crap out of it to get people to be quiet lol that and to have one that will keep up if not out perform the better markers. I own a eclipse nexus ego also. Just on a mission!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:23 AM #5
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB458 View Post
I understand that it will cost a lot I already bought everything. I'm not worried about the money. Honestly it boils down to I'm sick of people saying spyders aren't worth a sh##. So I and going to upgrade the crap out of it to get people to be quiet lol that and to have one that will keep up if not out perform the better markers. I own a eclipse nexus ego also. Just on a mission!
That's the spirit!

Hope you bought an AKA Tornado valve and some softer springs along with a heavier hammer, then.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 PM #6
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

Quote:
Hey, I applaud you then, go for it and keep us updated in here. I never did the eye mod myself so I don't know much about it really. As long as you have a way of making sure that the eyes sit low in the breech and are aligned, then you can forget the template altogether. I thought I remembered there being something wrong with that template... search for old threads and I'm sure you'll find more practical info on what parts people used.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM #7
grendal50

the original template ran the eye holes a little low, it made a channel through the bottom of the breach. you basically need to make sure the eye holes are perfectly centered on the ball, as close to the bottom of the bore as possible
Old 08-07-2011, 06:11 PM #8
BB458

So pretty much can say heck with the template! I can manage that but still run into the ball dent problem and the eye covers.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 PM #9
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

Quote:
So pretty much can say heck with the template! I can manage that but still run into the ball dent problem and the eye covers.
Check this tutorial out, it should help you a lot. I've never done this mod so I can't verify anything, but he uses a Victor body which looks pretty similar to an Imagine so I'm sure it's the same. He talks about installing eye covers and dealing with detents - you do use 2k2 Timmy detents and the one side with the Spyder detent hole is fine (even though bigger than the detent, it will work) but the other side you'll need to drill a detent hole. The eye cover screw holes do look to be right between the tubes on his, and it seems he's using the Otter template too. Seems like using the template is a good idea, just shift the eye hole centers up by a few millimeters.

http://vikesbuildaspimmy.webs.com/dr...ndmilling3.htm
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31 PM #10
BB458

Thats awsome thanks a MILLION!!!!