Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2011, 05:59 PM #22
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Rev, I cannot believe that Skirmish would allow of vehicle of that size on their field. Not sure where Whitewater Paintball is. But if thats SKirmish it certainly would be a conversation piece if they did. But insurance rates for something that big would be crazy. Even if they did allow at Skirmish there is really no way of getting around the obstacles on the beach unless you run over them. And at the Stalingrad game you dont play the beaches and play mostly around Tippmann Castle and City. Again not much space to run something that big. You wouldnt get far past the insertion points. Or better yet trying to go into the bush with it near Tippman City. Its hard enough to drive the smaller tanks in the bush and on the beach. This large vehicle might be alright for a field that has alot of open grounds but not in any confined space. I think your concept sketch is rather interesting. But you know what! Build it for the heck of it and submit it to magazines and fields for promotional effects. Who knows where it where take you! Mostlikely not much farther then where it is now.. But if you build it I'll come see it!! If its at the Skirmish Stalingrad game in March I will certainly not have to look hard to find you. Listen young man. Do yourself a real favor and build something from a smaller vehicle. But most people especially teenagers who know everything have to find out the hard way - so go ahead!

Good Luck!
Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2011, 07:23 PM #23
rev294

i ment whiteriverpaintball in indiana its the 3rd Annual Battle for Stalingrad - November 11th, 12th & 13th if i do build it u will be sure to see it there and yes i know im young a dumb but someone has got to see how big a paintball tank can get and still be effective but i was thinkin instead of a tank it could be a foward command vehical that is a base on wheel and can become a building in the middle of the game then when your team moves u can move with it would be pure stratigic advantage.
rev294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 PM #24
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Rev, If this field is willing to allow this huge vehicle on its field and your parents willing to foot the bill to build it and all the logistics to get it somewhere then go for it!

Take Care!
Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM #25
rev294

haha ill think about it
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM #26
TJ Allcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
TJ, you've been at this alot longer then most of us. I'd hate to see what your total expenditures have been over the years on transport alone. I never took the Bradley any where. How many games do you still transport it too?
We dropped down to just the two here on LI for the past few years due to having a couple of children. This year though we're doing a bit more, got two so far, a third this weekend and with a bit of luck three more before the end of the year. I've got some ideas I'm hoping to start working on within the next year or so that will increase our logistical mobility. I would like to make Fulda Gap this year but I just don't see that happening. Next year though, provided I straighten out the logistics, that event is going to be our primary out of NY goal.
Dawn's Panther, Special Ops Trading Card Tank #0002
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
Friends w/,Engler Custom Guns,Draxxus,Planet Eclipse,Bea Youngs,Bear Claw PB,OA PB
And lots of others.
TJ Allcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM #27
rev294

o yea well im ethier gonna sell the scraper and get a real tank or make a small tank
Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 PM #28
TJ Allcot

It'd certainly make one hell of a conversation piece if you got it to Skirmish but the Panther is practically useless at that field because it's simply too big for the trails they've got. Basically we're restricted to the beach and that one trail to the left of the beach that goes up into 'The Hood', lots of tight spots on that one and I've pulled plenty of panels off there, figure at least one per pass up and down that trail. We've also been up the other trail that goes into the 'Pentagon' area but that was also a headache.

Now if you were to attach a bulldozer blade to the front...
Dawn's Panther, Special Ops Trading Card Tank #0002
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
Friends w/,Engler Custom Guns,Draxxus,Planet Eclipse,Bea Youngs,Bear Claw PB,OA PB
And lots of others.
TJ Allcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 PM #29
rev294

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Allcot View Post
It'd certainly make one hell of a conversation piece if you got it to Skirmish but the Panther is practically useless at that field because it's simply too big for the trails they've got. Basically we're restricted to the beach and that one trail to the left of the beach that goes up into 'The Hood', lots of tight spots on that one and I've pulled plenty of panels off there, figure at least one per pass up and down that trail. We've also been up the other trail that goes into the 'Pentagon' area but that was also a headache.

Now if you were to attach a bulldozer blade to the front...
that was another thing i was considering as a tank plat forme lol do some fabracation on it make the or just build a frame and put the engine/tracks on it
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM #30
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Well, you wouldn't be the first guy to want the bragging rights in paintball.

The guys have already pointed out the practicalities you might be confronted with.

I hunted tanks for YEARS before I built my first tank. Regardless of the size of the tank we had to mark a 2 foot square target on the side of the tank.

Now all we anti tankers have to do is hit the tank with a Nerf anywhere on it.

Some of you guys know my brain spends a good portion of time thinking out of the box. (Does that make me a block head?) I went with the concept that in paintball tanking, smaller is better. It is a mech warrior on a backpack frame, man powered, that is often allowed to go anywhere on the field and can walk through doorways and into buildings, use trees, cars, bunkers for cover making it an even smaller target for a Nerf rocket to hit.

We played a game up at CPX with an army unit that brought a tracked Bradley to the game. Big as a school bus. Biggest thing I ever seen on a paintball field other than a school bus at OK D Day. They rolled down the tank road and we blew it up. Couldn't miss. After the third try, they parked it.

When I started hunting tanks, Bazookas were like cops. You could never find one when you needed one. Now days there is a surplus of RPGs to the tanks. Tank owners are complaining about being killed too often to have FUN playing in a tank. If they spend all day in the dead zone and get killed 100% of the time within 150 yards of exiting the tank insertion point, I could see how that can be frustrating for them. Fields and producers are struggling with this problem. If the tankers can't have fun, they will stop building and fielding tanks and THEN the Bazookas won't have fun blowing up tanks.

They need to go back to the targets to mark with a hit so YOU and others LIKE YOU can build a tank that has NO disadvantage because of its size.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM #31
rev294

thank u boomer well put that the need to hit it in a certain spot like tracks to make it stop moving then the turret to make that useless then have a small target about where the engine is
Old 08-19-2011, 06:42 AM #32
JESTERTLS

TJ, we'd love to have you down to Fulda. If not this year, maybe next year will be an option.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM #33
lemieux68

If it were up to me I would NEVER allow Mech Warrior tanks. They may be practical but it is just all around clownish. Like everyone else in this thread mentioned, go small with the tank and get a good gun on it. You can check out the 1st SS' Panzer to see what tank should look like. It is very small and has the most powerful paintball cannon I have ever seen. That is why it has accounted for the destruction of scores of tanks that faced it.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 AM #34
paintballsquared

has been a member for 10 years
Might as well scrap this idea and take on the task of building the smallest possible tank. Your big tank can be taken out from a mile away blindfolded with an rpg, smaller tank = harder to hit = more fun for the tank
paintballsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 PM #35
rev294

but my tank idea is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo epic