PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-18-2011, 02:31 PM #1
CBSkullmanC7
Chemicaly Infused Soldier

Did i mess up?

I bought a stabilizer (high pressure) for my 98 custom a week ago. no problems with it at all (still not installed but no visible problems) but i left it in my hot car for 2 days and now the pressure guage reads at 400 PSI which is obviously incorrect. There is also a slight rattling noise when you move it. My question is did I mess it up by leavin it in the heat or should i install it and see if it functions properly first?
CBSkullmanC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 PM #2
weekendballer

weekendballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am sure just the gauge is messed up. all the parts inside of the reg should be able to take those kinds of temperatures. The heat probably made the thin spring in the gauge start to uncoil which is the rattling noise and the reason it reads wrong.
weekendballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM #3
CBSkullmanC7
Chemicaly Infused Soldier

Well in that case it would have happened eventually, ha! Good to know, thanks very much.
CBSkullmanC7 is offline   Reply With Quote