hahahahaha finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pb-eLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:23 AM #23
QuiverKiller
SHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb-eLude View Post
You're retarded aren't you? Why would you be happy that the best events that you can play in BC are no longer happening? In what way is this a good thing for BC paintball?

Please leave the sport. Now.
Aftershock Fan #26
Shark Heart Crew
QuiverKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:26 AM #24
peterb_92
mowing grass to ball

peterb_92 posts videos on PbNation
peterb_92 supports DLX Technology
Get outta here with that hate. The BCPPL (even though now non existent) put on the best events this province has ever and will probably ever see. it will be missed deeply by the players and if your happy that its gone then you can just geet out.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 AM #25
chevota

I am sorry to hear this but not surprized either with no one pushing the event out here like they do in alberta or like the bcppl used to do. IE they say next event is Aug 20th a month and a half before the event but no more news after that yet the Alberta league had there regy open and feild layout out.I think if you don't push to make people aware why would people come play or even no about it.Just my 2 cents.
This is a very sad day for paintball. I do hope that the BCPPL can come out in 2012 and kick some *** as they put on a great event that will be deeply missed in bc.
Good Luck to you and hope to see you next year.

Last edited by chevota : 08-12-2011 at 10:06 AM.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 PM #26
Bushman_jedipaintbal

This news is very upsetting but what about the free entry that the winners at triple won? Just a suggestion what about a early registration to get an idea of how many teams would show up, then if there is still not enough teams by all means cancel it, but let's give it a shot so many teams look forward to brawl as the end of the season event.
Bushman_jedipaintbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:25 PM #27
double-d03
ballin till im fallin

double-d03 plays in the PSP
double-d03 supports Team VICIOUS
double-d03 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
**** you
Old 08-12-2011, 04:47 PM #28
Mindgame1
Ghetto Tech Paintball

This is disapointing
Mindgame1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 PM #29
BigNicky
Shoot Kill Win

BigNicky is a Professional paintball player
<Sad Panda

*Sacramento DMG *Planet Eclipse*GI Sportz*CEPP*

FREE GORE!
BigNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 AM #30
Mixednutz1

Been following the discussion here ..... Everyone here is "sad" the BCPPL pulled the proverbial plug (save one, duely noted). Most, if not all would agree that the BCPPL put on a stellar event. So that leaves us with a question ... Why? Why did it fail? ....? Any theories?
Mixednutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:42 AM #31
sdearin
Sick Witted #29

sdearin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sad news indeed. This would have been my 5th brawl this year. Shame.

I can't help but feel that some of the smaller grass roots events that popped up in the lower mainland might have stolen some of the teams away from the BCPPL. Hopefully this will free up some teams to travel up and play in the IPL though.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 AM #32
freakstyle

ya next ipl event is byop and cheep entry as always with bcppl dont fore the year i dont see why teams wouldnt make the trip
freakstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 AM #33
chase4338
wanna hug it out?

chase4338 plays in the USPL
chase4338 plays in the PSP
sad to hear but not shocking.. looks as vegas is gonna be packed with bc boys
Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 PM #34
bcppl

Annual Supporting Member
bcppl donated to help Peyton Trent
bcppl supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slash_1 View Post
sad panda

oh well mr bcppl, we will be at your next event whenever that is.
Thanks for all of your unwaivering support Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45 View Post
Noooooooooooooooooo!
I could never thank you enough.....drinks on me in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
Sadface.Off to CPPL in Sept !
Come Play BCPPL Teams ,Hit Me Up For HHHOT Deals
Every team in BC should go to CPPL E4 in Calgary, we will be there....epic year end event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPark22 View Post
Sad to hear. BCPPL was super awesome for WarParty's first two seasons and Unleashed sure seemed to have had a great time at Triple Crown this season. Hearing this news... If there were a dislike button I'd have to press it twice. I hope CPPL will be back for 2012 stronger and ready to rock!!
Dave, thanks for everything....you are a class individual, and it was a pleasure hosting you guys and watching your teams succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthplanecomin View Post
Good thing flights to Alberta are cheap this summer and the drive isn't that bad when you think about it.

It was a great run and forged many unforgettable memories. Hopefully we can create some new ones in 2012.
Thanks go out to the McDonald and Carey families for all the laughs and amazing venues to play this crazy game.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for ya at any time.
Big Rob, I know you had big plans and a great program. You are also a class act.....email me and I will try and hook you guys up for Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
Sorry to hear that. Had the good fortune of playing Triple Crown and Brawl the last 2 years. Thanks for the great events.
Thanks for all your support Mason, you guys are great! See youin DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8s View Post
Yet another nail on paintball's coffin...
Lol, it will come back.....there has been 18 economic recessions since the 1930's and there will be many more. Canada will only grow from here, and paintball will recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiverKiller View Post
How about you open your ****ing eyes next time before saying something like that. Alberta has enough teams to run events of the CPPL's caliber, BC no longer does.

The BCPPL/CPPL has always cared about BC paintball more than you ever will, setting up an event like Brawl for 6 years in a row is nothing short of amazing.
Thanks.....love the new accounts and the 1st post.....not sure what that guy was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstar View Post
Bummer, I've had such a good time meeting new friends, and growing my business throughout Canada over the years. I think this is my 4th year of playing BCPPL and it's always been a blast.

I will def be at the next BCPPL whenever it is.
Love you Tommy.....can't thank all of you guys enough! I remember the first Stetson Bowl event you guys played like it was yesterday......Jimmey with the bottle of Jack in his pack, and of course the streak....great times! See you in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixednutz1 View Post
Sorry to hear, my hat is off to the organizers for their efforts. .... yet surprised the series had survived this long. Given the economic downturn, shrinking player pool, and deterioration of the game itself .....
Thanks John.....the player pool has certainly shrunk, but I believe "the game" has got better.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiverKiller View Post
You're retarded aren't you? Why would you be happy that the best events that you can play in BC are no longer happening? In what way is this a good thing for BC paintball?

Please leave the sport. Now.
Thanks Quiver, fat little chub dudes like that wont even be playing by the end of next season. I seen a 100 come and go over the years.....would never say it to my face.....####internet warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post
I am sorry to hear this but not surprized either with no one pushing the event out here like they do in alberta or like the bcppl used to do. IE they say next event is Aug 20th a month and a half before the event but no more news after that yet the Alberta league had there regy open and feild layout out.I think if you don't push to make people aware why would people come play or even no about it.Just my 2 cents.
This is a very sad day for paintball. I do hope that the BCPPL can come out in 2012 and kick some *** as they put on a great event that will be deeply missed in bc.
Good Luck to you and hope to see you next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman_jedipaintbal View Post
This news is very upsetting but what about the free entry that the winners at triple won? Just a suggestion what about a early registration to get an idea of how many teams would show up, then if there is still not enough teams by all means cancel it, but let's give it a shot so many teams look forward to brawl as the end of the season event.
Guys we know how many teams there is on a constant basis....we know how to gauge team counts better than anyone else....nothing to push for if no no one is playing. see you in 2012 Mike, we plan on wearing our *** kickin boots in January!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double-d03 View Post
**** you
Lol.....don't worry about that guy, he wouldn't talk sh#t to anyones face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixednutz1 View Post
Been following the discussion here ..... Everyone here is "sad" the BCPPL pulled the proverbial plug (save one, duely noted). Most, if not all would agree that the BCPPL put on a stellar event. So that leaves us with a question ... Why? Why did it fail? ....? Any theories?
Not enough teams are currently playing to economicially support a event like we run. It did not fail, I simply have better things to do this year in my real business than run 18-22 team tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdearin View Post
Sad news indeed. This would have been my 5th brawl this year. Shame.

I can't help but feel that some of the smaller grass roots events that popped up in the lower mainland might have stolen some of the teams away from the BCPPL. Hopefully this will free up some teams to travel up and play in the IPL though.
Thanks Scott, the small events had no effect on team counts for our events. This stuff has always existed. We always tried to focus on professionalism, improvement, and having events that the parents were proud their kids played in. This is they key to growing speedball locally.

I don't see that happening anywhere in the lower mainland today, only insane egos and people thinking they will make a living from running speedball events. The only exception is the new Vincente series, which is all about fun and good times. Vendetta will be playing this sometime this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstyle View Post
ya next ipl event is byop and cheep entry as always with bcppl dont fore the year i dont see why teams wouldnt make the trip
The IPL is a awesome choice to get your fix, we will see everyone at year end event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase4338 View Post
sad to hear but not shocking.. looks as vegas is gonna be packed with bc boys
Going to be fun as usual!!!!

Last edited by bcppl : 08-13-2011 at 01:59 PM.
bcppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 PM #35
PlayPen_Joel

we'll be waiting...
Trenton R. Greene

myspace.com/katboxkilla
Looking for WGP PRO SERIES Karnivor
Tyler Michaud Gear Bag Sale *Dynasty,
Avalanche, Ironmen*
PlayPen_Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 AM #36
R_ion
tang na mo

R_ion posts videos on PbNation
bah.. BCppl/cppl was always the highlight of the year.. oh so many memories. see u all in 2012
Old 08-15-2011, 02:02 PM #37
Kaolinite
+-----------+

The BCPPL has raised the tournament standard in the northwest.
This league has done countless good deed's in the name of paintball.

dark days but bright lights at the end of this tunnel

MISSION PAINTBALL CLUB
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:20 PM #38
yella
RAMPAGE

Annual Supporting Member
yella owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yella is for the Gunfight
Very disappointing. I am regretful to hear this! I thought BCPPL was doing real well in BC. When a league goes under like this it hurts all of local paintball. Support your local leagues! Support the CPPL, PPL, C7, IPL(hopefully it is still going). All local leagues that give back to the players, work with the players, and our run by players/former players. I wish the people of the BCPPL all the best, and a speedy return!
yella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 AM #39
BigfootFF23

BigfootFF23 plays in the PSP
BigfootFF23 is an NCPA player
BigfootFF23 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcppl View Post
Thanks for all of your unwaivering support Nic

I could never thank you enough.....drinks on me in Vegas

Every team in BC should go to CPPL E4 in Calgary, we will be there....epic year end event.

Dave, thanks for everything....you are a class individual, and it was a pleasure hosting you guys and watching your teams succeed.

Big Rob, I know you had big plans and a great program. You are also a class act.....email me and I will try and hook you guys up for Vegas.

Thanks for all your support Mason, you guys are great! See youin DC

Lol, it will come back.....there has been 18 economic recessions since the 1930's and there will be many more. Canada will only grow from here, and paintball will recover.

Thanks.....love the new accounts and the 1st post.....not sure what that guy was talking about.

Love you Tommy.....can't thank all of you guys enough! I remember the first Stetson Bowl event you guys played like it was yesterday......Jimmey with the bottle of Jack in his pack, and of course the streak....great times! See you in DC

Thanks John.....the player pool has certainly shrunk, but I believe "the game" has got better.

Thanks Quiver, fat little chub dudes like that wont even be playing by the end of next season. I seen a 100 come and go over the years.....would never say it to my face.....####internet warrior

Guys we know how many teams there is on a constant basis....we know how to gauge team counts better than anyone else....nothing to push for if no no one is playing. see you in 2012 Mike, we plan on wearing our *** kickin boots in January!

Lol.....don't worry about that guy, he wouldn't talk sh#t to anyones face.

Not enough teams are currently playing to economicially support a event like we run. It did not fail, I simply have better things to do this year in my real business than run 18-22 team tournaments.

Thanks Scott, the small events had no effect on team counts for our events. This stuff has always existed. We always tried to focus on professionalism, improvement, and having events that the parents were proud their kids played in. This is they key to growing speedball locally.

I don't see that happening anywhere in the lower mainland today, only insane egos and people thinking they will make a living from running speedball events. The only exception is the new Vincente series, which is all about fun and good times. Vendetta will be playing this sometime this year.

The IPL is a awesome choice to get your fix, we will see everyone at year end event!

Going to be fun as usual!!!!
way to dodge my question

Formerly killed for:
DBS Titans
DBS Sonics

Cody McAfee
BigfootFF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM #40
chevota

I would have to say if theres no league then theres no prize so i'm guessing you get nothing.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:12 PM #41
OneTimeVisitor

OneTimeVisitor owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterb_92 View Post
well. thats lame. i was looking forward to brawl
Same here. I was looking forward to the trade show.

Last edited by OneTimeVisitor : 08-19-2011 at 08:59 PM.
OneTimeVisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 AM #42
R8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcppl View Post
Paintball won't recover unless more new blood is brought into the sport. All I see now are people in the bush with no idea there is a tournament style of play. It'll never be the same as it was with the gun whores buying all new equipment every year... one of the things the populace learns during a recession.

Tournament paintball needs to come up north to the boonies with either events or exhibition games, the BCPPL can't survive in the lowermainland alone.

Bad Spellers of the World... Untie!!!

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Killing for Northern BC
R8s is offline   Reply With Quote