Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 AM #1
white-G NT
ball till i die

white-G NT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white-G NT supports Team VICIOUS
white-G NT posts videos on PbNation
need some help with my superbolt?

not sure where to put this thread, so i thought id come here first, i recently got a superbolt pump and need some help with it, i have 2 problems and ill try my best to give you as much information as possible, this is my first mech/pump gun so im not very fluent with the parts on them

first off heres what im using on the pump
POPS asa
45/4500 LP crossfire tank
inline sl94 regulator
(all of which work fine on my other guns)

when i chrono my sl94 it chronos straight 283's-287's
but when i chrono my superbolt i chrono anywhere from 185-205
i have tried to read up on whats wrong and how to fix it and i keep hearing about an IVG? not sure where that is how to reach it and how it affects the gun but ill try and figure it out but id like to know how to raise that velocity up

and my second question is, when i bought the pump i bought it off the nation, and i found out when i cock it back with the pump handle, the thing that makes the back-block go forward (not sure what its called but its the part that comes off the gun and cocks, and chambers a ball by pulling the bolt back with it) that part is being pulled back into place and doing the 2nd part of the pumping action buy rubber band? i think there a easy fix like a spring is missing or something but the rubber band is around the feedneck and is holding onto the backblock pulling it forward when i pump/cock it back, so thanks for your help in advance, and id love pictures of this IVG because i feel mentally retarded reading the stuff you guys say on how to tune these things

thanks,
michael
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

2 beautiful angels, A1 FLY, and ANGEL LCD C&C 2K1 UPPED

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!
white-G NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 AM #2
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Hey Michael!

Bear with me, I'm quite tired.

As for the IVG (internal velocity governor) can be found on the bottom tube of your cockers body. The cocking rod screws into it.

Back-block with cocking rod:

Back-block pulled back with cocking rod in IVG:

back-block pulled back so you can see the IVG:

That brass nut is your IVG. I don't know the size allen to use off the top of my head. Screwing it in will generally increase your velocity, but you should sweet spot your regulator with your IVG. If you can find the thread for doing so you'll be on your way.

The little rod you're talking about is the cocking rod I presume.

For the second part, there's a spring sometimes in the pump handle or on one of the guides that returns the handle. A rubber band would work as well.

I'll try and help you out better in the morning.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever

Last edited by i8somepie : 08-15-2011 at 03:24 AM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:23 AM #3
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
Hey Michael!

Bear with me, I'm quite tired.

As for the IVG (internal velocity governor) can be found on the bottom tube of your cockers body. The cocking rod screws into it.

Back-block with cocking rod:

Back-block pulled back with cocking rod in IVG:

back-block pulled back so you can see the IVG:

That brass nut is your IVG. I don't know the size allen to use off the top of my head. Screwing it in will generally increase your velocity, but you should sweet spot your regulator with your IVG. If you can find the thread for doing so you'll be on your way.

The little rod you're talking about is the cocking rod I presume.

I'll try and help you out better in the morning.
ah, i see it now, and i will make sure to chrono and make sure its shooting better tomarrow, and ill get a picture up of the rubberband cocking block problem in a minute thanks alot for that though
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:28 AM #4
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-G NT

ah, i see it now, and i will make sure to chrono and make sure its shooting better tomarrow, and ill get a picture up of the rubberband cocking block problem in a minute thanks alot for that though
No problem!

I have a spring inside my pump handle for the return action but a rubber band will work too.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 AM #5
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
No problem!

I have a spring inside my pump handle for the return action but a rubber band will work too.
would putting a spring where my finger is pointing work instead of a rubber band?

also, would it be a good idea to locktite the pump rod to the back block, the silver rod where im pointing too is what i meen not sure if thats the correct term

using BLUE loctite of course

Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 AM #6
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

would putting a spring where my finger is pointing work instead of a rubber band?

also, would it be a good idea to locktite the pump rod to the back block, the silver rod where im pointing too is what i meen not sure if thats the correct term

using BLUE loctite of course
Yes. Make sure you don't get too heavy of a spring in there though.

And you can if you're having trouble with it coming out. Lol. you're correct on the terms.

But hey I'm going to crash, I'll check back when I get up.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:08 AM #7
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
Yes. Make sure you don't get too heavy of a spring in there though.

And you can if you're having trouble with it coming out. Lol. you're correct on the terms.

But hey I'm going to crash, I'll check back when I get up.
i think that solves all my problems thanks alot lets hope the IVG and sweet spotting the reg will get that velocity perfect

Old 08-15-2011, 01:41 PM #8
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

i think that solves all my problems thanks alot lets hope the IVG and sweet spotting the reg will get that velocity perfect
let me know

ReplyGold Ups

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you donít like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply donít post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.