PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 PM #22
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
"Generation 6" since it's the 6 generation of Intimidator.

And what do you mean "Explain what thew different years mean", they are the year the gun came out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 PM #23
cslguy

Well what does 4 mean in SL94? What does the 4 mean in SL74? ect, ect
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:31 PM #24
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
I remember this being talked about before, just can't remember where at on here.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:35 PM #25
dontflamemeplox
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
I remember this being talked about before, just can't remember where at on here.
earlier in the thread?

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:40 PM #26
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontflamemeplox View Post
earlier in the thread?
No a few years back. There was a complete list and explation of what all the numbers meant.

Might try doing some research to find it.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:45 PM #27
cslguy

good idea
Old 08-14-2011, 07:51 PM #28
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Or since its a ego question you could post in the correct section as them boys down there will know more then some random person in the newbie section..

also I believe sl94= 2009(year of release) 4th(fourth SL to release). Same theory for the rest of them.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:58 PM #29
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslguy View Post
Read the rest of the thread that's what we've been discussing. How did you not see the like 10 posts about that? Read before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Or since its a ego question you could post in the correct section as them boys down there will know more then some random person in the newbie section..

also I believe sl94= 2009(year of release) 4th(fourth SL to release). Same theory for the rest of them.
Clearly that doesn't work because the first one is an SL66, it's not the 6th SL released.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:04 PM #30
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Read the rest of the thread that's what we've been discussing. How did you not see the like 10 posts about that? Read before you post.

Clearly that doesn't work because the first one is an SL66, it's not the 6th SL released.
2006 ego6?

Guess it only works for a few of the years.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:16 PM #31
AKLifestyle Phtgrphy
McLovin

AKLifestyle Phtgrphy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
I am pretty sure the "r" in SL8R meant redesigned, which makes sense due to the large changes between it and other SL's and Ego's. Don't have a clue what CSL means but I do know mine is absolutely AWESOME.
AKLifestyle Phtgrphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:47 PM #32
cslguy

Quote:

Sorry I did but I didnt understand it
Old 08-15-2011, 05:45 AM #33
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
SLS - named after the Mercedes SLS (Jack's favorite brand of car)
CSL - you can make the assumption is Carbon SL due to the carbon fiber tip but nothing has been confirmed and likely never will
SL8r - still dont know

All the rest are year followed by (well most believe) the month it was released.
SLS was named after the SLS, correct.

CSL was because we had the carbon tip and I also love the BMW M3 CSL.

Quote:
I seem to recall reading that the SL66 and SL74 were because they were the 6th and 4th variant of the Ego 6 and Ego 7 respectively, believe I saw that in the Eclipse forums back in the day but searching the Eclipse forums turned up nothing so maybe I am just pulling that out of my ***. Don't think so though.

No idea about the SL8R either
Correct. SL66 was the 6th version of the Ego in the '06 Model Year. Can't remember what they all were now.
SL74 was the same. It was the 4th Ego range within the 07 Model Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit451 View Post
Pretty much it. Jack likes nice cars, so he named the series the SL series. My conspiracy theory behind the second number was how many PLs had been made.

Xsv
Mantis
Nexus
Dark
Pev's
Then the sl66 is the 6th

Sl74
Xsv
Infamous
Dark
Sl74 is the 4th

I could also be totally wrong and just crazy. Could the sl66 be the sl66 AMG, and the Csl be a play off of the CLS?
Some of those lists are correct. I would have to dig out the exac reasoning behind the numbering, but that is pretty close. The 07 is more like: 07, Custom Ano 07, PL (Pevs, etc), SL74

The original SL66 design was based heavily on the lines of the original Merc CLS

But the name was crap so I called it the SL as the gun turned out very light (for its time!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Alright, bu the only problem with the first part of the theory is the he XSV and the SL66 were the same weren't they? I had the SL66 and they all had either XSV or Bushwackers milled into the side

I believe Jack likes watching us squirm like this trying to figure it out.
Yes I do I make the name up every year with a different reason behind the name and never divulge why it called it that until a few months in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslguy View Post
In 09 we had originally planned to have 2 SL lines. The Ego and Geo. The Ego SL94 was called that because it was the 4th SL version of the Ego we had made. The Geo was called the SL91, because it was the first SL Geo we had made. Of course the SL91 never went into production.

So to the final question: What does SL8r stand for.

Well, I wanted to have something a little different from the 2 numbers at the end, and sticking with the Merc theme, the SLR was out and about, so I combined the SLR name with the 08 MY and came up with the SL8r.

It was NEVER meant to mean or be pronounced as Slater!!

Happy to Help

Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 AM #34
white-G NT
ball till i die

white-G NT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white-G NT supports Team VICIOUS
white-G NT posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
SLS was named after the SLS, correct.

CSL was because we had the carbon tip and I also love the BMW M3 CSL.

Correct. SL66 was the 6th version of the Ego in the '06 Model Year. Can't remember what they all were now.
SL74 was the same. It was the 4th Ego range within the 07 Model Year.

Some of those lists are correct. I would have to dig out the exac reasoning behind the numbering, but that is pretty close. The 07 is more like: 07, Custom Ano 07, PL (Pevs, etc), SL74

The original SL66 design was based heavily on the lines of the original Merc CLS

But the name was crap so I called it the SL as the gun turned out very light (for its time!).

Yes I do I make the name up every year with a different reason behind the name and never divulge why it called it that until a few months in.

In 09 we had originally planned to have 2 SL lines. The Ego and Geo. The Ego SL94 was called that because it was the 4th SL version of the Ego we had made. The Geo was called the SL91, because it was the first SL Geo we had made. Of course the SL91 never went into production.

Well, I wanted to have something a little different from the 2 numbers at the end, and sticking with the Merc theme, the SLR was out and about, so I combined the SLR name with the 08 MY and came up with the SL8r.

Happy to Help

Jack

and now we all know, thank you jack for your amazing guns and ending our torture
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

2 beautiful angels, A1 FLY, and ANGEL LCD C&C 2K1 UPPED

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!
white-G NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:19 AM #35
LAC3 #00
Standard User Title

My assumption on the SL8r would be that it came out in 08' so like a super light 2K8r?
LAC3 #00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM #36
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:

Happy to Help

Jack
W00t for full disclosure.

However I find that name reason slightly disappointing. But at least now I don't have to wonder.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM #37
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
W00t for full disclosure.

However I find that name reason slightly disappointing. But at least now I don't have to wonder.
i thought the reasoning was pretty cool actually, how it got changed and everyone now calls it the slater... i think that in itself is pretty cool
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM #38
Snickers

Annual Supporting Member
Snickers is a founding member
Jack Wood is hanging out in the new player help forum? That's awesome. Thanks for the info too. That question has been in the back of my mind for quite a while.

Bob Long Ripper VIS Victory
SM-1
Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 PM #39
Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mr.Snuggles supports DLX Technology
Sl8r = Slayer if you try to pronounce it, just a play on words
Mr.Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:10 PM #40
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Snuggles View Post
Sl8r = Slayer if you try to pronounce it, just a play on words
Quote:
What does SL8r stand for.

Happy to Help

Jack
direct from Mr.Wood himself

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever

Last edited by i8somepie : 09-11-2011 at 04:46 AM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:01 PM #41
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
direct from Mr.Wood himself
thought we established this a while ago o.O

Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 AM #42
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
yeah as awesome as it was to see mr.wood post in here someone else said it was a play on the words.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote