Old 08-07-2011, 02:49 AM #1
white-G NT
ball till i die

white-G NT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white-G NT supports Team VICIOUS
white-G NT posts videos on PbNation
Question sl series question?

i've googled it but i cant find it what does sl in the sl94 and sls and csl also what does the 94 on the sl94 meen? does ANYONE know? hanks guys
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

2 beautiful angels, A1 FLY, and ANGEL LCD C&C 2K1 UPPED

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!

Last edited by white-G NT : 03-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.
white-G NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 AM #2
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Super Light

the first digit of the number is the year, the second one, well... IDK. I believe it was meant to be the x.4, or x.7 ounces in weight, but that's just a wild guess which isn't accurate as the CSL, SLS, and SL8r don't have a specific number combo or anything like that...

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 PM #3
ManiacalPB

ManiacalPB posts videos on PbNation
hmm SLS , super light.....super!!! BAM! lol cool I learned something here today thanks YeloSno
ManiacalPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:02 PM #4
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
Super Light

the first digit of the number is the year, the second one, well... IDK. I believe it was meant to be the x.4, or x.7 ounces in weight, but that's just a wild guess which isn't accurate as the CSL, SLS, and SL8r don't have a specific number combo or anything like that...
THANKS! now i know what my gun stands for i couldnt figure it out thanks again
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM #5
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
SLS - named after the Mercedes SLS (Jack's favorite brand of car)
CSL - you can make the assumption is Carbon SL due to the carbon fiber tip but nothing has been confirmed and likely never will
SL8r - still dont know

All the rest are year followed by (well most believe) the month it was released.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:14 PM #6
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

I seem to recall reading that the SL66 and SL74 were because they were the 6th and 4th variant of the Ego 6 and Ego 7 respectively, believe I saw that in the Eclipse forums back in the day but searching the Eclipse forums turned up nothing so maybe I am just pulling that out of my ***. Don't think so though.

No idea about the SL8R either
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM #7
white-G NT
ball till i die

no one seems to know about the sl8r, JACK WOODS WE NEED YOU!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM #8
Biscuit451
Waffles

Biscuit451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biscuit451 supports Team VICIOUS
Biscuit451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biscuit451 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
SLS - named after the Mercedes SLS (Jack's favorite brand of car)
CSL - you can make the assumption is Carbon SL due to the carbon fiber tip but nothing has been confirmed and likely never will
SL8r - still dont know

All the rest are year followed by (well most believe) the month it was released.
Pretty much it. Jack likes nice cars, so he named the series the SL series. My conspiracy theory behind the second number was how many PLs had been made.

Xsv
Mantis
Nexus
Dark
Pev's
Then the sl66 is the 6th

Sl74
Xsv
Infamous
Dark
Sl74 is the 4th

I could also be totally wrong and just crazy. Could the sl66 be the sl66 AMG, and the Csl be a play off of the CLS?
Macroline Guy
University of South Carolina

Last edited by Biscuit451 : 08-12-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Biscuit451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:33 PM #9
white-G NT
ball till i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit451 View Post
Pretty much it. Jack likes nice cars, so he named the series the SL series. My conspiracy theory behind the second number was how many PLs had been made.

Xsv
Mantis
Nexus
Dark
Pev's
Then the sl66 is the 6th

Sl74
Xsv
Infamous
Dark
Sl74 is the 4th

I could also be totally wrong and just crazy. Could the sl66 be the sl66 AMG, and the Csl be a play off of the CLS?
huh thats a good theory also... gosh idk its the one that makes the most sense, still no explanation for the sl8r except for the obvious "cool" factor of the actual name

Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM #10
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Sounds like he digs mercedeses, not nice cars.

And there was an Avalanche SL74 and a slew of other PL milled ones as well...

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 AM #11
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Sounds like he digs mercedeses, not nice cars.

And there was an Avalanche SL74 and a slew of other PL milled ones as well...
I think it's only the milled ones that count,, not the color combos. Look at the number of Ego 7s not the number of SL74 variants. The Ego 6 list is right and was what I was thinking of when I posted, although I think the Mantis was an Ego 5. The missing variant then would be the stock Ego 6 for a total of 6 guns.

For the Ego 7 I can think of

Ego 7
Redz Ego 7
Vicious Ego 7
SL74

was there a Vicious Ego 7? That might be the 3rd.

EDIT: Yes there was a Vicious Ego 7
EDIT2: Well **** there's a Pev's Ego 7 also which puts the number of Ego 7 variants up to 5.

Last edited by SKI008 : 08-14-2011 at 01:50 AM.
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 AM #12
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
avalanche was milled, so that's 6.

Dont forget Mantis and Origin, but I'm not sure if they skipped the 7 or not.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

ALT Bazaar

Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 AM #13
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

...i want to say the origin was the 08 model.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 AM #14
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit451 View Post

Xsv
Mantis
Nexus
Dark
Pev's
Then the sl66 is the 6th

Sl74
Xsv
Infamous
Dark
Sl74 is the 4th

Alright, bu the only problem with the first part of the theory is the he XSV and the SL66 were the same weren't they? I had the SL66 and they all had either XSV or Bushwackers milled into the side

I believe Jack likes watching us squirm like this trying to figure it out.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:47 PM #15
shortyrider114

shortyrider114 plays in the PSP
shortyrider114 is an NCPA player
shortyrider114 plays in the APPA D4 division
shortyrider114 supports Empire
Quote:
avalanche was milled, so that's 6.

Dont forget Mantis and Origin, but I'm not sure if they skipped the 7 or not.
Don't forget the Chronic one too

Edit. That might be 08 I don't remember if they had an 07
shortyrider114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:04 PM #16
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Alright, bu the only problem with the first part of the theory is the he XSV and the SL66 were the same weren't they? I had the SL66 and they all had either XSV or Bushwackers milled into the side

I believe Jack likes watching us squirm like this trying to figure it out.
In 05 there was a private label XSV Ego since there was no SL series that year. In 06 there was also a PL XSV 06 Ego but it was made in very limited quantities before the SL66 came out. When the SL66 came there was an XSV version of that with XSV milled in it. I've seen a few in the BST.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:42 PM #17
Biscuit451
Waffles

Biscuit451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biscuit451 supports Team VICIOUS
Biscuit451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biscuit451 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Origins(with milling) were 08s along with chronics. I messed up my 07 list. Ski has it right, you just don't count the stock model. And yes if you want to get technical the mantis was an 05. Stop shooting holes in my theory
Macroline Guy
University of South Carolina
Biscuit451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:49 PM #18
white-G NT
ball till i die

out of all of this, all of our minds, no one has the explanation for the sl8r i say someone needs to pm jack and get him in here

Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM #19
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

The r in SL8R probably stands for the same thing it does in "G6R" (and no one knows what it stands for in G6R either)

For the SL8R it might stand for "Revision" since the SL8R had that wonky trigger guard and milling that was way more different than the subtle "Origin" or "Vicious" from the stock gun.

But now I want to know what the R in G6R stands for since that is the first model of that line so Revision doesn't make sense....rage
Old 08-14-2011, 06:06 PM #20
cslguy

I am so confused reading all of this, all I know is SL means super light and the number in some of them is the year.

Can someone explain what the different years mean?
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:07 PM #21
cslguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
The r in SL8R probably stands for the same thing it does in "G6R" (and no one knows what it stands for in G6R either)

For the SL8R it might stand for "Revision" since the SL8R had that wonky trigger guard and milling that was way more different than the subtle "Origin" or "Vicious" from the stock gun.

But now I want to know what the R in G6R stands for since that is the first model of that line so Revision doesn't make sense....rage
Well what does "g6" mean?
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote