Anyone use Mofo gold or any mofo?

FACEBOOK

OLD Feedback
FReEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 PM #2
barkingspider

Yep....got one. That is a regular mofo and love it.
barkingspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 PM #3
RedTide

Got it and love it.
RedTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 PM #4
Immortal15

Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Immortal15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Immortal15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Rifeling and carbon fiber are the two biggest waste in paintball barrels. You`ll never notice how light your barrel is untill it gets too light and you get barrel rise. There is a lot of hype around Hammerhead barrels because it has rifleing. This is the same thing you see in the barrel of real guns. The purpose is to spin a bullet to make it more accurate. In paintball this doesn`t work because paintballs don`t have grooves like real bullets. Why is this barrel a bad choice? Because your paying for the rifeling that doesn`t do anything. I would consider a a Dye UL barrel, Disruptive, or Furious Lotus.
Immortal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:42 PM #5
Sinkhole
Rag Tag Mercenaries

Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal15 View Post
In paintball this doesn`t work because paintballs don`t have grooves like real bullets.
Bullets don't have grooves. Bullets are smooth. They have rifling marks after they are fired, because the steel of the lands is harder than the the lead, copper or brass jackets and cuts them into the bullet as it travels down the barrel.

The big thing about this barrel for me is the fact that is brass lined. Brass barrels are extremely accurate, though heavy.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 PM #6
barkingspider

For those who don't have these items to compare, I've taken a picture to illustrate the point. I apologies if they aren't as clear as the naked eye, but I did my best.

This is a true rifling on a pistol where you can see the raised portion, or positive deflection of material that makes the grooves, on the lip of the barrel.
If you ran your finger nail on the inside your finger nail would catch on the positive/up-ward deflection of material (aka peak).

This is a picture of a HH goldmember where from the "rifling" of the barrel is made by removing material. It's harder to see from the picture, but if you ran your fingernail along the inside you could feel that it catches on the channels created by the removal of material from the barrels cylinder during manufacturing. The milled away channels are the darker tone channels, while the channels that have horizontal brush/milling marks are the base level material. Your finger nail catches on the junction of the two channels (peak & valley) where material was removed from the neighboring channel. Another way to say is that these channels are created because material was removed (aka valley), while a rifle/pistol has riffling because their is a raised portion of material that create the barrel twists. I hope this makes sense, if not....sorry I tried.

I looked on HH website to see if they stated how they machined their barrels, but wasn't able to see where they mention how they create the twists of the barrel.

These theories can be debated, which they have extensively on other threads, but for me the proof is in the pudding. I have several HH barrels and love them. They shoot great, but do take a little adjusting of fps with the velocity to find the so called "sweet spot." My two cents is try one and see for yourself, I find that most of the negative or pessimistic views come from those who don't even own one.

Last edited by barkingspider : 08-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.
barkingspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 AM #7
Immortal15

Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Immortal15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Immortal15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkhole View Post
Bullets don't have grooves. Bullets are smooth. They have rifling marks after they are fired, because the steel of the lands is harder than the the lead, copper or brass jackets and cuts them into the bullet as it travels down the barrel.

The big thing about this barrel for me is the fact that is brass lined. Brass barrels are extremely accurate, though heavy.
I know. I was writing that fast.
Immortal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 PM #8
FReEK
Fear the freak

FReEK is a founding member
FReEK plays in the MiLP
FReEK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FReEK plays in the APPA D4 division
I have a hh battlestick now. I do notice a difference in the way it shoots compared to my other barrels. Its my barrle of choice for my cocker. Just curious about the mofo's and well the construction of will hold up over time . 130 For just the barrel is steep.

FACEBOOK

OLD Feedback
FReEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM #9
p3ngu!n
oh looky, a penguin.

i has a mofo, going to be getting a mofo gold. brass is known to be smoother than aluminum, and generally have a better velocity reading than aluminum barrels. also, i don't know for sure or not if the rifling does help, but it is probably my most accurate barrel i have, other than maybe my eigenbarrel. it is one of those barrels that if i had a choice between every barrel out there, i may just pick it up and use it above all others.

this is coming from a person whom has used almsot every barrel out there.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 PM #10
RedTide

I use a custom 10" MOFO Gold with Bang Stikk tip with an iFit system on the back. Easy to change bores and 9 choices versus 5. It was 149 shipped. It shoots extremely accurate. So much so that the opposing team members come up and ask what I am using for it is so accurate.
RedTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 PM #11
Baccummba

Has anyone tried these on the TPX? Will they fit?
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote