PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 PM #1
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Would this bolt idea work?

Ok I came up with this design to figure out a way to eliminate kick. It utilizes two solenoids to shoot the gun causing the bolt guide and the bolt to move in separate directions to eliminate kick all together. Air fills the chamber through solenoid 1 with another air path taking air to solenoid 2. When the marker is in the idle position the bolt guide is pushed into the bolt shutting off the air to the bolt. When the solenoids are activated the bolt and bolt guide move in opposite directions to break the seal causing air to be released from the firing chamber. Immediately after the seal is broken the bolt and bolt guide move towards each other resealing the firing chamber.

I have no idea if this would actually work practically. Any ideas on how efficient it would be? I know it would need more battery power, but i would think a rechargeable battery could help solve the problem. Please give me you suggestions. I did base the design of the bolt and firing chamber off of the geo.

sorry my drawing skills suck...i don't know how to use cad
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2011, 06:20 PM #2
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW

It's sorts pmr spoolish with a dp dump valve.

But where is the bolt in the first pic exactly? It seems to appear out thin air.
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:25 PM #3
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

its inside the can...it's my poor drawing skills...sorry
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 PM #4
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW

Ok, it seems like your trying to move the prop shaft back at the same time as trying to move the bolt the opposite direction (forward) so it can bump?

The fuse bolt is very similar and would be more efficient/faster because it only uses 1 noid. Same can be said vs the Ion bolt.
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:47 PM #5
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

the dye fuse bolt? and yeah the prop shaft and bolt move in opposite directions. what's the vs ion bolt?

how much would a second noid take away from efficiency/slow the marker down?

would it also be possible to vent one of the solenoids back into the firing chamber?

Last edited by d0cwh0 : 07-31-2011 at 07:51 PM.
d0cwh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 AM #6
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i like the idea, but i feel like you could accomplish the same functionality with one noid and either a metering valve or changing surface area of the bolt / guide. would be a lot simpler to make and control, probably cheaper as well.
cww516 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM #7
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by cww516 View Post
i like the idea, but i feel like you could accomplish the same functionality with one noid and either a metering valve or changing surface area of the bolt / guide. would be a lot simpler to make and control, probably cheaper as well.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:05 PM #8
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

looks almost identical to yoda's system.

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 PM #9
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

how did yoda's system work?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 PM #10
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

find a thread here first page started by yoda900

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote