Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-16-2010, 09:03 AM #1
Say_What (Banned)

Pod rules

When is a pod considered "out of play" when it is no longer considered part of the player.
Lets say the pod is empty and I go to throw it, but get hit in the following positions, am I in or out?
-empty and in my hand, about to toss to side, when I stick my hand out the tip of the pod is hit
-Flying through the air it is stuck by a lucky shot
-If I am throwing a pod of paint to a teammate next to me and don't quite make it, it hits the ground and is struck by a paintball. Which is out? Neither? me? him?
-Can I use it to fill a gap in a bunker?
Say_What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2010, 12:38 PM #2
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-empty and in my hand, about to toss to side, when I stick my hand out the tip of the pod is hit
-- You are out, as it is still in your possession.
-- The pod is no longer in your possession, you are not out.
-If I am throwing a pod of paint to a teammate next to me and don't quite make it, it hits the ground and is struck by a paintball. Which is out? Neither? me? him?
-- If he picks the pod up with a hit on it, he may be considered out. You also shouldn't be throwing paint pods/paint to begin with as throwing of equipment is not allowed.
-- No you cannot. The field plays as it is set up, altering the field can get you pulled.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM #3
aznINVazn808
school sucks...

aznINVazn808 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
When is a pod considered "out of play" when it is no longer considered part of the player.
Lets say the pod is empty and I go to throw it, but get hit in the following positions, am I in or out?
out
in
not you, he is if he picks the hit pod up
no you cant

thats what i think it is
i may be wrong

"The best mode on a smarts parts gun is off." - tipp98chopshop

It seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...
aznINVazn808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM #4
blitz700

blitz700 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz700 supports Team VICIOUS
If a pod is i midair and is shot you are out...
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 PM #5
Big Tone

Sorry dude, but as soon as it leaves your hand, it's no longer considered part of your equipment, so not out.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:50 PM #6
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
-empty and in my hand, about to toss to side, when I stick my hand out the tip of the pod is hit? You are out, pod is still in your possession.
-Flying through the air it is stuck by a lucky shot You are out, pod is still in your possession. It remains in your possession until it hits the ground.
-If I am throwing a pod of paint to a teammate next to me and don't quite make it, it hits the ground and is struck by a paintball. Which is out? Neither? me? him? You are fine, it would be up to the ref to call the team mate in or out, since that would be a judgement call at the time, technically, he would be out if he picks it up.
-Can I use it to fill a gap in a bunker? Yes and no. You are not allowed to alter the field, MNRising was correct with that, but placing a pod in a strategic location isn't altering the field. You are simply dropping a pod in a good spot. I would not call you out on that. (in the pic you posted)
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:55 AM #7
Big Tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
-Flying through the air it is stuck by a lucky shot You are out, pod is still in your possession. It remains in your possession until it hits the ground.
Once again, once the pod has left your hand it is no longer in your possession, so not out. It doesn't matter if it hits the ground, bounces off a barricade, brains a bystander or is carried off by an incontinent spaniel, ONCE IT LEAVES YOUR HAND IT IS NO LONGER IN YOUR POSSESSION, SO NOT OUT!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 AM #8
Dysfunctional
Fossil of the forum

Dysfunctional is playing at Living Legends V
Dysfunctional supports our troops
Dysfunctional is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dysfunctional supports Pev's Paintball
Dysfunctional is attending Decay of Nations VI
I am the ref and I SAY YOU ARE....

ring...ring...

my cellphone...

excuse me, I have to take this...

Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.
Dysfunctional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:56 PM #9
dontflamemeplox

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
Once again, once the pod has left your hand it is no longer in your possession, so not out. It doesn't matter if it hits the ground, bounces off a barricade, brains a bystander or is carried off by an incontinent spaniel, ONCE IT LEAVES YOUR HAND IT IS NO LONGER IN YOUR POSSESSION, SO NOT OUT!

im pretty sure but not completely at least by psp rules its once it hits the ground its out of your possession.

i think it might be because if its your hand and gets hit it might fly out due to lack of a grip. by your reasoning thats not an out because its in the air.

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 AM #10
jonnyrattler

Lets be honest most of it it is up to the ref that sees it and if they see it which in free play they will more than likely not see.
jonnyrattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 AM #11
Tomfoolery x
O hai

It's considered in your possession until it hits the ground.
Tomfoolery x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 AM #12
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Once you drop the pod, it is no longer is your possession and you are not out. If it gets hit while in mid air, you are still not out. If you pick it back up again, then you can be called out because you now have a piece of equipment that you are using that has a live hit. You would be out.

As for throwing a pod to someone, you can toss a pod to a teammates if he needs paint. If the pods gets hit after it leaves your hand and before it reaches him, then you have discarded it and its like the situation above. If your teammate leaves it on the ground, then it is a discarded pod. If he picks it up, then he would be called out.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:05 PM #13
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontflamemeplox View Post
i think it might be because if its your hand and gets hit it might fly out due to lack of a grip. by your reasoning thats not an out because its in the air.
This goes back to questions 1 and 2. In the scenario you've offered the pod was in the player's hand when it was shot. Whether it was then dropped or it flew out of the hand doesn't matter - when it was shot it was in the player's possession.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote